talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cricket

football forum

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Stick With Azeem said:

On a side note, shouldn't it be India who should have played Bangladesh today ? 

Apparently it's to do with a 'recovery period'. 

I don't agree with it and don't understand it, to be honest. 

Looking at our fixtures as well, we've got quite a few gaps in our fixtures even with the late start. The biggest gap being 6 days between playing Pakistan on 16th and Afghanistan on 22nd. Then 5 days after that to play West Indies.

Shortest gap is England on 30th June then Bangladesh on 2nd July.

Just now, Stan said:

Apparently it's to do with a 'recovery period'. 

I don't agree with it and don't understand it, to be honest. 

Looking at our fixtures as well, we've got quite a few gaps in our fixtures even with the late start. The biggest gap being 6 days between playing Pakistan on 16th and Afghanistan on 22nd. Then 5 days after that to play West Indies.

Shortest gap is England on 30th June then Bangladesh on 2nd July.

After how long the IPL was i can see if BCCI is using its influence to give some rest to the players.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Stick With Azeem said:

Fakhar looks in fine shape like yesterday lets hope he doesn't Fakhars up like yesterday  :coffee:

Fancy Amir getting a few more wickets today.

Not before England pile on the runs though - Trent Bridge is one of their favourite places to smash teams out the park. 

Probably why they're so confident of chasing any total hence bowling first. If they restrict Pakistan to anything around 300 it'll be comfortable for England. Hope there's no rain to spoil the day. 

Tomorrow's game between Afghanistan & Sri Lanka looks like it'll be wiped out - rain forecast all day in Cardiff.

Just now, Stan said:

Fancy Amir getting a few more wickets today.

Not before England pile on the runs though - Trent Bridge is one of their favourite places to smash teams out the park. 

Probably why they're so confident of chasing any total hence bowling first. If they restrict Pakistan to anything around 300 it'll be comfortable for England. Hope there's no rain to spoil the day. 

Tomorrow's game between Afghanistan & Sri Lanka looks like it'll be wiped out - rain forecast all day in Cardiff.

I'm having that feeling that it's our day

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Hope Jason Roy makes a significant contribution with the bat. That drop on Hafeez whilst he was on 17 has proved costly.

And he did jack all with the bat :/.

Pakistan done well today. Good target to chase for England.

• Administrator

Best game of the tournament so far. Twists and turns throughout, especially England's batting innings.

I know they've not lost yet but there can't be that many times where a team loses when chasing even though 2 of their players get centuries...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Best game of the tournament so far. Twists and turns throughout, especially England's batting innings.

I know they've not lost yet but there can't be that many times where a team loses when chasing even though 2 of their players get centuries...

There was only once in history recently B|

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Stick With Azeem said:

@Stan can you change it back to Azeem though :coffee:

Can't hold a poll then moan at the results. Gotta give the people what they want ;)

I'll change it back if you beat us :P