talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cricket

football forum

WTF, how can this be a reason?

Qg1JLIi.jpg

On a different note, started watching Netflix's Documentary on Mumbai Indians' last season in IPL. The documentary is called Cricket Fever. One episode down and its a nice insight into the inner workings of an IPL side. The fact that the season ended in a disappointment for the defending champions should make this interesting. Bit like Sunderland Till I Die. 

On 23/03/2019 at 00:27, IgnisExcubitor said:

WTF, how can this be a reason?

Qg1JLIi.jpg

A very well off friend of mine did the same after he survived in a car accident unscratched which killed his friend. 

Went to the girl's house and talked to his father without telling his parents. 

Near Death + Love combo

But you know this is definitely not like the love+death thing. This is like a typical desi parents thing. Once your offspring crosses into the 20s, the answer to all his/her problems is 'Beta Shaadi karlo'.

The way his brother talks there seems just like that. And having watched him in that documentary on MI, Fizz comes across as a quiet, obedient kind. I mean he never stepped outside his hotel room and hardly interacted with anyone. 

@Mumbai Indians documentary

A really decent watch. A lot of people come out looking good from it, especially Pollard and Shane Bond. Rohit is hardly involved in the planning. 

Also, I know the owners have a say in sporting matters (which is a shitty thing), and the MI owners didn't seem that mental and involved, but it still made me uncomfortable watching them suggest changes to the coach Jayawardene when things weren't happening for the side. At times you feel like Mahela wants to punch the young Ambani. 

Edited by IgnisExcubitor

• Administrator
14 hours ago, Azeem said:

Good on Ashwin for following the laws of the game ! only arsehat will cry on it

It's allowed in the laws of the game but don't think anyone can deny it's still a shitty way to go about things. I don't agree that it should be a law and should be scrapped but anyone moaning about it so vociferously needs to check the rules.

Perhaps if there's always so much uproar about it the rule needs to be eradicated or if not, at least clarified.

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

It's allowed in the laws of the game but don't think anyone can deny it's still a shitty way to go about things. I don't agree that it should be a law and should be scrapped but anyone moaning about it so vociferously needs to check the rules.

Perhaps if there's always so much uproar about it the rule needs to be eradicated or if not, at least clarified.

I don't have any problem with the rule and its pretty clear i'd say

Ashwin has done it before in an International match, only for the then captain Sehwag to take back the appeal. 

This is something that he believes strongly in. These are his tweets from 2016.

And as for the Butler dismissal. These are the first three balls of the over. So Ashwin had every right to do what he did. 

I liked Akash Chopra's point. Imagine Butler goes for a quick single and makes it by a couple of centimetres. He does that because he had an advantage. 

On a sidenote, the limited overs formats are already hugely in favour of the batsmen. 

The meltdown has been epic on this. Butler not shaking Ashwin's hands was immature. Reading Royals' brand ambassador, Shane Warne's tweets on this was hilarious. Him of all people to take a moral stand. 

Anyways, MCC have also backed Ashwin. It's allowed in the rules. Ashwin did no wrong. 

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

I liked Akash Chopra's point. Imagine Butler goes for a quick single and makes it by a couple of centimetres. He does that because he had an advantage. 

Yeah I saw that as well and put a bit more balance to the outrage that happened in the immediate aftermath.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
21 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Best bit of action from yesterday's match. 

Stokes falls down while bowling, Jadeja falls down while hitting the shot and still somehow ends up hitting a six and Dhoni's reaction in the end is the best. 

ezgif-3-c3b516bff252.gif

https://imgur.com/F8xN9cY 

Can't tell if the link is actually an error that's meant to link to a cricket highlight, or you getting a 404 error on a webpage was the best bit of action you experienced while watching a cricket match. Both are equally possible.