talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cricket

football forum

On 04/05/2019 at 20:55, Stan said:

Rabada injured and missing the rest of the IPL. Could be a doubt for the start of the World Cup, too...

Apparently a niggle, so the South African board rightly called him back as a precautionary measure. He should be available for the World Cup. 

Kedar Jadhav on the other hand could be a doubt. He has picked up a shoulder injury and is out of the IPL and a doubt for the World Cup. I wonder who they take if he misses out - Pant or Rayadu. 

On a side note Afridi's autobiography has put out some interesting bits on Waqar, Miandad, Sohail and Wasim. 

His misogynistic views come as no surprise. The funniest bit around the book has to be this, though. 

7 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Apparently a niggle, so the South African board rightly called him back as a precautionary measure. He should be available for the World Cup. 

Kedar Jadhav on the other hand could be a doubt. He has picked up a shoulder injury and is out of the IPL and a doubt for the World Cup. I wonder who they take if he misses out - Pant or Rayadu. 

On a side note Afridi's autobiography has put out some interesting bits on Waqar, Miandad, Sohail and Wasim. 

Much of it was already known in cricketing circles

Maybe you guys knew it, not the rest. 

I knew there were groups, but revelations about Miandad and Sohail are new to me. 

Also, something I forgot to add above. The senior-junior culture still exists in Pakistan. Something that Ganguly and John Wright dismantled long back for us. 

1 hour ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Maybe you guys knew it, not the rest. 

I knew there were groups, but revelations about Miandad and Sohail are new to me. 

Also, something I forgot to add above. The senior-junior culture still exists in Pakistan. Something that Ganguly and John Wright dismantled long back for us. 

Shoaib Akhter pretty much said the same things in his autobiography ' Controversially Yours '

Miandad and Afridi had a spat two three years ago which ended by both appearing in a video to settle it 

Edited by Azeem
  • Upvote 1

At least one of my teams won a title today. Winning by one run. What a game. Great innings by Watson, but Malinga's experience won the game. Also, Bumrah is the best bowler in the world. 

Rohit has mastered four title wins, and the man who is going to be most worried is Virat. 

Also, possibly the best IPL, with so many close games in the entire tournament. 

On to the World Cup. 

• Administrator
On 09/05/2019 at 09:58, IgnisExcubitor said:

People in England, is rain going to be an issue during the World Cup? 

Definitely. Rain is always gonna be a factor in any cricket game/tournament held here. English summers are always so unpredictable weather-wise as it's not always dry conditions and periods of weeks/months where there's no rain, like on the sub-continent. 

I'm hoping the games I'm going to have no rain at all!

On 12/05/2019 at 19:43, IgnisExcubitor said:

At least one of my teams won a title today. Winning by one run. What a game. Great innings by Watson, but Malinga's experience won the game. Also, Bumrah is the best bowler in the world. 

Rohit has mastered four title wins, and the man who is going to be most worried is Virat. 

Also, possibly the best IPL, with so many close games in the entire tournament. 

On to the World Cup. 

Great IPL final and the best way to cap off what I'd say has been one of the best IPL tournaments. Certainly the best over the last 4 or 5 years. So many games went to the final over and there were a couple of super-overs too.

Surprising how good as it's been really as I thought it might tail off when some of the overseas players went back to their home countries to prepare for the World Cup. The final table (before knockouts) and the table before the penultimate game just goes to show how close it was. Think there was only one game called off due to rain (RCB vs KXI?). 

There really are some fantastic one-day players these days. I know the limited overs tournaments are given more attention these days so that probably plays a part in the improvement over the years of that format but it really does provide some real entertainment and excitement. 

15 minutes ago, Stan said:

@Azeem

Lovely ton from Imam-ul-Haq. Only in 97 balls as well.

Made today's innings look very easy and quite an accomplished century.

Yeah his job is to anchor the innings and he has been doing it from time to time but as you said he did this time far quicker than usual 

Haris Sohail was looking good too but got run out patheticly, showed no effort

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Yeah his job is to anchor the innings and he has been doing it from time to time but as you said he did this time far quicker than usual 

Haris Sohail was looking good too but got run out patheticly, showed no effort

Yeah was gonna mention that. Pakistan could have had a huge score if more players stuck around with Imam-ul-Haq. He's made a mockery of the English bowlers today while other batsmen threw away their wickets.

Sohail should be doing much better there with his experience. That's the kind of thing a newbie does.

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Mike Atherton is the best of the lot :x

Much prefer him to Nasser Hussain. 

Bumble is my favourite though :x. Met him once and he's a great laugh.

I notice you've not mentioned the game right now though :P. Bairstow carrying his IPL form in to today's game. Roy is a superb one-day opener as well. Pakistan need 1 or 2 wickets right now within next few overs to make England sweat a bit. That drop from Shaheen (?) was absolutely woeful.

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Much prefer him to Nasser Hussain. 

Bumble is my favourite though :x. Met him once and he's a great laugh.

I notice you've not mentioned the game right now though :P. Bairstow carrying his IPL form in to today's game. Roy is a superb one-day opener as well. Pakistan need 1 or 2 wickets right now within next few overs to make England sweat a bit. That drop from Shaheen (?) was absolutely woeful.

Nah was pretty much expected England have chased down 350+ target more than any team i guess. 

• Administrator
Just now, Azeem said:

Nah was pretty much expected England have chased down 350+ target more than any team i guess. 

Apparently would only be their 3rd highest chase in ODI cricket.

It's brutal to watch.

This World Cup would be all about who has the best bowling attack, this is where i think India is ahead of England apart from Archer their bowling attack is well below par despite their sensational batting. 

That's why I'm not rating the Windies too much despite you guys thinking they are the dark horses. That for me is South Africa

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Azeem said:

This World Cup would be all about who has the best bowling attack, this is where i think India is ahead of England apart from Archer their bowling attack is well below par despite their sensational batting. 

That's why I'm not rating the Windies too much despite you guys thinking they are the dark horses. That for me is South Africa

If Dale Steyn plays then South Africa have a big chance of going far. He and Rabada as their fast bowling attack is scary. 

Not sure we're quite ahead of England, mind. Them being on home turf and having Rashid & Ali is a big advantage for them. Even Woakes and Stokes aren't too bad with the ball. May get hit for a few but they'll pick up important wickets no doubt.

Fell 30 runs short and our fielding didn't helped either. 

But still this English batting is ridiculous almost all of their batsmen can hit big sixes and who can't like Root find fours for fun. 

Junaid Khan was good which is a good sign as Amir won't likely make the WC and we need a leader in our pace attack

I love Hassan Ali he is an elite bowler despite his limitations, passionate you can see he puts in effort is confident, presents himself like a superstar while being a team player 

Also if this is how the World Cup is going to be mostly than it's going to be pretty boring and the rain of course 

The World Cup as a spectacle and ODI Cricket as an entity needs a good memorable tournament, otherwise these T20 leagues around the World will soon surpass international cricket and we'll see the Club-Country debate in cricket as well.

• Subscriber

1405941358_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.b02d4afa04b2470188e38ded0079b10f.png

Eoin Morgan: England captain banned for next ODI for slow over-rate

England captain Eoin Morgan has been suspended for the next one-day international and fined 40% of his match fee for a slow over-rate during the six-wicket win against Pakistan on Tuesday.

It is Morgan's second such offence within 12 months after England were guilty of a slow-over rate against the West Indies in February.

Morgan will miss Friday's fourth ODI against Pakistan at Trent Bridge.

England leads the five-match series 2-0.

"England were ruled to be two overs short after time allowances were taken into consideration," the International Cricket Council said in a statement.

They took almost four hours to bowl their 50 overs in Bristol.

Also disciplined by the ICC was Jonny Bairstow, who was reprimanded for hitting the stumps with his bat when he was dismissed in the 29th over.

The wicketkeeper-batsman struck a sensational century as England easily chased 359 to win at Bristol's County Ground.

The rest of the England players have also been fined 20% of their match fees for the slow over-rate.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/48283052