• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Joao Felix Wins Golden Boy Award

football forum

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Machado said:

Golden boy, yes, he must really be made of gold to cost 120m.

Isn't this award cursed or something?

He's been a ghost since early in the season, which is unfortunate as I thought he was really going to hit it off and seems like an exciting young player. Football needs these players for the future.

Saying that, he's still young and it's the next few seasons where he should truly be judged as he's had to settle down in a new team and country.

53 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Is he still partnering gash like Morata and over the hill Diego Costa?

Needs a proper striker in front of.  

Yeah, Atletico look class all over the pitchl, but have nothing up front or in attack. I've never known them to be so devoid of top strikers. They are struggling a lot due to this.

11 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

He's been a ghost since early in the season, which is unfortunate as I thought he was really going to hit it off and seems like an exciting young player. Football needs these players for the future.

Saying that, he's still young and it's the next few seasons where he should truly be judged as he's had to settle down in a new team and country.

He's been injured but made his come back against Juventus. Looked decent but Atletico are boring as fuck in general. Thought they had turned a corner but they're same old Atletico. Bad choice of club for the boy I think.

12 hours ago, Machado said:

He's been injured but made his come back against Juventus. Looked decent but Atletico are boring as fuck in general. Thought they had turned a corner but they're same old Atletico. Bad choice of club for the boy I think.

To be honest, most good attacking players look quality there such as Falcao, Diego Costa in his first stint, Griezmann, etc. So even though they are defensive, I would have still expected it to be an ideal move for him, especially considering how they needed a player like him the most.

I think Simeone holds Atletico back a lot these days though. In the last few seasons he had his strongest squad available to him, yet they were still scraping games 1-0. The only problem is, finding a suitable manager as a replacement is difficult as the sport is lacking top managers. Getting rid of Simeone would be risky for this fact, although they are a much bigger club now than when he went there(much of it is thanks to him) and if he did ever leave, then he wouldn't leave the club in bad shape.

Something else to consider is that Joao Felix doesn't have a striker to partner him. Someone like Diego Costa at his best would compliment the kid perfectly, although Costa is finished now and just like top managers, the sport is seriously starting to lack top strikers as well. All the best ones(Lewandowski, Suarez, Aguero, Benzema...) are in their 30s now and/or unobtainable, such as Kane, who will probably go to another big English club, or possibly Real Madrid if he is to ever leave Spurs.

13 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

To be honest, most good attacking players look quality there such as Falcao, Diego Costa in his first stint, Griezmann, etc. So even though they are defensive, I would have still expected it to be an ideal move for him, especially considering how they needed a player like him the most.

I think Simeone holds Atletico back a lot these days though. In the last few seasons he had his strongest squad available to him, yet they were still scraping games 1-0. The only problem is, finding a suitable manager as a replacement is difficult as the sport is lacking top managers. Getting rid of Simeone would be risky for this fact, although they are a much bigger club now than when he went there(much of it is thanks to him) and if he did ever leave, then he wouldn't leave the club in bad shape.

Something else to consider is that Joao Felix doesn't have a striker to partner him. Someone like Diego Costa at his best would compliment the kid perfectly, although Costa is finished now and just like top managers, the sport is seriously starting to lack top strikers as well. All the best ones(Lewandowski, Suarez, Aguero, Benzema...) are in their 30s now and/or unobtainable, such as Kane, who will probably go to another big English club, or possibly Real Madrid if he is to ever leave Spurs.

I still expect him to do well in the long run.

Yea Simeone took them to the next level a bit like Poch for Spurs, but this is all Atletico will be under him. Oh well, it's not easy to replace someone like him. Have to say though, it's a bit frustrating to watch Atletico as a neutral. Their fans are champs for enduring 90 minutes of that every week.

On 28/11/2019 at 15:07, Machado said:

And at a 120m sale price it's gonna be almost impossible to prise him away from under them too unless he winds up an offloaded "failed to deliver" prospect or good enough that someone pays 200m for him (hard if they don't play in a way that yields his best talents unleashed).

But when you say choice do we know he had options? If only Atletico offered that much cash then probably more what his original club wanted in terms of "c'mon kid take the deal and make us rich, see".

Archived