talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 1-1 Everton - Sunday 15th December, 2019

football forum

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst De Gea has completely missed it, Calvert-Lewis has jumped and his arm/elbow is in the face of him. It’s a foul all day long.

Starts with Shaw being utter fucking shite and being the fat lazy cunt that he is unable to clear the ball. Get Brandon Williams back in the team.

• Administrator
Just now, DeadLinesman said:

Arms in the face aren’t allowed anywhere on the pitch to be fair. Whilst I get your sentiment, that’s a foul all day long.

Was it in his face? just looked to be on his shoulder more than anything?

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Was it in his face? just looked to be on his shoulder more than anything?

Arm was across the face and also hits his arm/shoulder as well. Again, it was still shite by De Gea, but he’s impeded in my honest opinion. I read on Twitter ‘he’s not getting there anyway’. That doesn’t matter, as strikers get penalties after being launched even if they kick the ball out of play. A fouls a foul.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Arm was across the face and also hits his arm as well. Again, it was still shite by De Gea, but he’s impeded in my honest opinion. I read on Twitter ‘he’s not getting there anyway’. That doesn’t matter, as strikers get penalties after being launched even if they kick the ball out of play. A fouls a foul.

Maybe I need to see it again. Looked to me it just went across the shoulder as De Gea got a slight touch on the ball. So that 'not getting there anyway' statement is untrue as he got to it but didn't make enough contact xD 

• Administrator

Utd started stronger and had plenty of chances in first 10-15 mins. After that they just tailed off and didn't seem to attack fluidly any more. Everton balanced the game up.

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Maybe I need to see it again. Looked to me it just went across the shoulder as De Gea got a slight touch on the ball. So that 'not getting there anyway' statement is untrue as he got to it but didn't make enough contact xD 

That’s a foul everyday of the week. And twice on a Sunday xD

1E1010E3-1ABA-4937-B38C-738A34132F93.png

4 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Arm was across the face and also hits his arm/shoulder as well. Again, it was still shite by De Gea, but he’s impeded in my honest opinion. I read on Twitter ‘he’s not getting there anyway’. That doesn’t matter, as strikers get penalties after being launched even if they kick the ball out of play. A fouls a foul.

Isn't it well established precedent that they don't?

I don't think the arm across actually stopped him making good contact, but you don't know, so I can see it being a foul. It's "soft but you've seen them given" territory

3 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Isn't it well established precedent that they don't?

I don't think the arm across actually stopped him making good contact, but you don't know, so I can see it being a foul. It's "soft but you've seen them given" territory

Seen loads of pens given. Usually in our favour 😂

• Subscriber

Probably a foul yeah.

Good half from us though I thought. Dodgy start and Pickford should definitely have come for that Dan James chance but we dealt with the threat from there and then Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin have started causing Lindelof in particular real problems.

Just hope we don't start blowing later in the game.

• Administrator

Lingard got absolutely pummelled there from James' shot. Ouch. 

Everton have actually defended fairly well so far this game. Getting bodies in the right areas and nullified Maguire's aerial threat from the set-pieces.

• The title was changed to Man Utd 1-1 Everton - Sunday 15th December, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived