• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Best South American XI (With Specific Rules)

Recommended Posts

Let's see if any of you can do this.

Best South American 11 from one nationality each. 

Since there are 10 countries in South America, we'll make an exception with the goalkeeper. 

@Berserker @Spike @El Profesor @Carnivore Chris 

Alisson (Brazil)

Hernandez (Venezuela) - Godin (Uruguay) - T. Silva (Brazil) - Arzamendia (Paraguay)

Vidal (Chile) - Chumacero (Bolivia)

Messi (Argentina) - James (Colombia) - Mena (Ecuador)

Guerrero (Peru)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But there are twelve countries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spike said:

But there are twelve countries.

Guyana and Suriname are Caribbean M8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vader said:

Guyana and Suriname are Caribbean M8

Image result for guyana

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So your statement is implicityly stating that Guyana and Suriname are a part of the Caribbean ergo cannot be a part of South-America, that is a logical fallacy because the two terms aren't mutually exclusive. To think that culturally 'Caribbean' doesn't excuse the indisputable fact that Suriname and Guyana aren't on the Caribbean plate but the South-American plate, it is obvious to anyone with a set of eyes that can read a map that Guyana and Suriname constitute a portion of the the land mass of South-America. This is a stupid argument and a few blogs by travel agencies that want the good PR that come with the term 'Caribbean' won't convicen me otherwise of geological fact. It is akin to arguing 'England and Scotland aren't a part of Europe because they are a part of the British Isles'.

The Caribbean Plate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Spike said:

So your statement is implicityly stating that Guyana and Suriname are a part of the Caribbean ergo cannot be a part of South-America, that is a logical fallacy because the two terms aren't mutually exclusive. To think that culturally 'Caribbean' doesn't excuse the indisputable fact that Suriname and Guyana aren't on the Caribbean plate but the South-American plate, it is obvious to anyone with a set of eyes that can read a map that Guyana and Suriname constitute a portion of the the land mass of South-America. This is a stupid argument and a few blogs by travel agencies that want the good PR that come with the term 'Caribbean' won't convicen me otherwise of geological fact. It is akin to arguing 'England and Scotland aren't a part of Europe because they are a part of the British Isles'.

The Caribbean Plate

Dude, chill. I'm half joking xD

They may be geographically apart of South America, but hold no relations to the other countries in South America, nor culturally nor politically. All their relationships are made up in the carribean. South America for the most part was Spain's continent and the only other non spanish speaking country was Portugal's biggest colony. Guyana or Suriname belong to neither. 

If you ask a Guyanese or a Surinamese person where they are from, they'd tell you they are from the Carribean. The other South Americans don't consider them apart of it either.

It's like Kazakhstan. They are geographically in Asia (if I'm correct) but because of political pasts, they identify as European. Israel in a way is similar too, to stray away from the Arab world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vader said:

Dude, chill. I'm half joking xD

They may be geographically apart of South America, but hold no relations to the other countries in South America, nor culturally nor politically. All their relationships are made up in the carribean. South America for the most part was Spain's continent and the only other non spanish speaking country was Portugal's biggest colony. Guyana or Suriname belong to neither. 

If you ask a Guyanese or a Surinamese person where they are from, they'd tell you they are from the Carribean. The other South Americans don't consider them apart of it either.

It's like Kazakhstan. They are geographically in Asia (if I'm correct) but because of political pasts, they identify as European. Israel in a way is similar too, to stray away from the Arab world.

You coulda just mentioned CONMEBOL countries mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Is this like when people want to identify themselves as Gender Fluid?

I'm gonna bite. Talking about continents is a touchy subject. It's opinion mixed with fact. Some people count Antarctica, others don't. Some people consider Australia it's own continent, others say they are part of Oceania and not it's own thing. Some people view North America and South America as one big continent. However, there is also fact involved. For example, you won't consider South Africa part of Asia because they hold no connection to the continent and are pretty far from Asia itself.

I don't consider Guyana and Suriname because of politics and because they identify as Carribean and want nothing to do with the rest of South America. 

It's not even like saying "the earth is flat" because I feel it's pretty undefined. Some people look at plates, other look at big landmasses on a map, others see it in regions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some people think Egypt's not in Africa :ph34r:

I feel like I can't really do this because I don't know enough about fullbacks from South American countries and I've got to use my Brazilian(s) on Alisson & Firmino.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Some people think Egypt's not in Africa :ph34r:

I feel like I can't really do this because I don't know enough about fullbacks from South American countries and I've got to use my Brazilian(s) on Alisson & Firmino.

To be fair, some people consider Egypt as part of MENA rather than Africa.

Myself personally, I see them as part of North Africa only. The two parts of Africa for me are sub-saharan and saharan.

And yeah full backs are tough. There aren't many. Some of the best are Fabra, Advincula, Arias, Alex Sandro and Tagliafico. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vader said:

To be fair, some people consider Egypt as part of MENA rather than Africa.

Some people should look at maps more frequently then xD - and yeah there's no question they're in North Africa lol. That's literally where Egypt is located in the world, in the north of Africa.

I'd put Tagliafico, but I'll be fucked if I'm putting in an Argentinian into my South American XI that's not Messi. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Some people should look at maps more frequently then xD - and yeah there's no question they're in North Africa lol. That's literally where Egypt is located in the world, in the north of Africa.

I'd put Tagliafico, but I'll be fucked if I'm putting in an Argentinian into my South American XI that's not Messi. 

For me the toughest was the Ecuadorian. Their squad really is garbage. Angel Mena seemed a good choice. Bolivia was going to be either Chumacero or Marcelo Moreno.

And yeah I agree I had to make sure Messi was in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement