Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Monty Python star Terry Jones dies aged 77

Sad, sad news, R.I.P Terry, you made us laugh in Monty Python and other shows.

Quote.thumb.png.01925a785b1057b77a77f8f5cc0ff2ff.png

_110606032_jones_get.jpg

Monty Python star Terry Jones has died at the age of 77, after having lived with dementia, his agent has said.

A statement from his family said: "We have all lost a kind, funny, warm, creative and truly loving man."

Fellow Python Sir Michael Palin described Jones as "one of the funniest writer-performers of his generation".

• Sad 2

RIP :( Monty Python hold a very special place in my heart. I think it's a perfect time to watch Life of Brian... 

• Upvote 2

On 22/01/2020 at 14:28, nudge said:

RIP :( Monty Python hold a very special place in my heart. I think it's a perfect time to watch Life of Brian... 

One of the best sketches.

Edited by CaaC (John)
Replace Video

Well that's very sad news :( Monty Python's got a special place in my heart as well, they're all legends.

4 hours ago, nudge said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611a4bae63315d57ceedc

1 minute ago, CaaC (John) said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611a4bae63315d57ceedc

Haha yes, that's where the username comes from (although it was sort of a random choice really). But I meant overall, it brings a lot of good memories from my younger years; especially from the uni times.

• Upvote 1

Sad news, but I heard he has been ill for a long time, so at least he's not suffering anymore. RIP. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Sad news, but I heard he has been ill for a long time, so at least he's not suffering anymore. RIP. 

Dementia is a bitch. Not only for the one suffering from it but for the family and friends as well. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Dementia is a bitch. Not only for the one suffering from it but for the family and friends as well. 

Yea, I haven't experienced it first hand, but it must be so sad when someones mind is just fading away in front of you. 

RIP Terry Jones

Monty Python was indeed an excellent show, with Monty Python's Life of Brian being my all time favorite.

• Like 1