talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

On 1/23/2018 at 16:13, Cannabis said:

Ouch. 

Would you call every transfer as "ditching" ? The only ones I would question on that picture would be Henry and Ox. Henry left to a much much better club (natural progression) after having a legendary career at Arsenal and just missing the CL medal with the club. Ox wasnt getting enough play time so he left and i dont think that would be ditching either. Nasri, Cole, RVP surely yes though. Fabregas's is a strange case because he wanted to go play for his boyhood club but deep inside he probably wanted to leave anyways. 

On 23/01/2018 at 22:14, Cicero said:

And all have had extrodinary careers since. Honestly Arsenal are a mess

All we need is a filthy rich oil Baron to turn us from a mediocre club to a good one :ph34r:

On 20/01/2018 at 18:49, Stan said:

Conte won't be going to Arsenal. He's too good for them and that's not meant to be disrespectful to Arsenal but he'll want to go to a bigger club constantly challenging for titles.

Well according to most on here we are one of the richest clubs in world football and can compete with anyone financially. (Notice I said most and I'm not quoting you 

Edited by Guest

On 22/01/2018 at 10:33, SirBalon said:

I’d like to know why these things weren’t happening 5 or 6 years ago.  Everytime players like Özil and Alexis came in which were anomalies, they were due to pressure.  This seems more organic and correct decisions but why didn’t it happen before and why were we subjected to stale bread all the time!

Because we had the stadium debt. The  season we cleared it we bought Ozil

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Because we had the stadium debt. The  season we cleared it we bought Ozil

That’s rubbish mate and known to be untrue.  I have a good friend that had that question vetoed at a shareholder’s agm.

It’s known to be a load of crap anyway... How many clubs have totally refurbished their stadiums or built whole new ones in recent years without having to be handicapped in maintaining competitiveness?  I can start to reel off names if you like mate.

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

That’s rubbish mate and known to be untrue.  I have a good friend that had that question vetoed at a shareholder’s agm.

It’s known to be a load of crap anyway... How many clubs have totally refurbished their stadiums or built whole new ones in recent years without having to be handicapped in maintaining competitiveness?  I can start to reel off names if you like mate.

OK fair enough just name a few. I don't think recent years are so much of an argument though because football income has inflated faster than general inflation and so to build a new stadium doesn't use up so much of your income.

Edited by Guest

38 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

OK fair enough just name a few. I don't think recent years are so much of an argument though because football income has inflated faster than general inflation and so to build a new stadium doesn't use up so much of your income.

I really wanted to go to Google so you have to forgive me for my off the top of my head selections considering what you answered me.

Juventus in the modern upto date era and I don’t have to tell you what they’ve managed to achieve by building a whole new stadium and included buying the land.  Add to the fact they’d not too long ago had to promote themselves after dodgy dealings in a relegation punishment. 

FC Porto in the middle era dominating their league and winning the Champions League.

But because you added all that inflation and football income...

Manchester United who totally remodelled their stadium in the middle of their English dominance and continued their dominance and won two Champions Leagues.

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I really wanted to go to Google so you have to forgive me for my off the top of my head selections considering what you answered me.

Juventus in the modern upto date era and I don’t have to tell you what they’ve managed to achieve by building a whole new stadium and included buying the land.  Add to the fact they’d not too long ago had to promote the,selves after dodgy dealing in a relegation punishment. 

FC Porto in the middle era dominating their league and winning the Champions League.

But because you added all that inflation and football income...

Manchester United who totally remodelled their stadium in the middle of their English dominance and continued their dominance and won two Champions Leagues.

Juventus was the one I thought of first. Didn't know about Porto. To be fair man utd are such a big club they can get away with it. It does certainly raise questions though

8 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

be fair man utd are such a big club they can get away with it. It does certainly raise questions though

Read David Dein’s quotes over the years and what he wanted to work towards for Arsenal in his true belief and was ousted by the shareholders when he started to become too vocal.

35 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Read David Dein’s quotes over the years and what he wanted to work towards for Arsenal in his true belief and was ousted by the shareholders when he started to become too vocal.

David dean going was where it all went wrong for me. Do you have any of those quotes bud

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

David dean going was where it all went wrong for me. Do you have any of those quotes bud

I don’t right now mate but I’ll find the, for you if you don’t want to search and post them when I have a moment.  But it’s common knowledge mate.

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I don’t right now mate but I’ll find the, for you if you don’t want to search and post them when I have a moment.  But it’s common knowledge mate.

I know he's been very critical of the way the club is run. I haven't read his direct quotes. I like to read direct quotes only as they can get worded wrong other wise.  Personally I think when Wenger does retire and most likely release an auto biography it will reveil a bit more of the other side of the story.  One thing is that as an actual business model Arsenal does work. It makes money.

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I know he's been very critical of the way the club is run. I haven't read his direct quotes. I like to read direct quotes only as they can get worded wrong other wise.  Personally I think when Wenger does retire and most likely release an auto biography it will reveil a bit more of the other side of the story.  One thing is that as an actual business model Arsenal does work. It makes money.

I’m an Arsenal fan and don’t give a shit about the shareholders to be frank mate.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

I’m an Arsenal fan and don’t give a shit about the shareholders to be frank mate.

What I'm saying is from a business point of view if you can sit back and watch the millions come in why are you gonna care if you are winning things.

Why are Arsenal trying to bring Aubameyang? Wenger spent 50+ million for Lacazette few months ago and he doesnt seem to be totally settled and taken the league by storm, so is he going to replace him with Auba or will he be the second striker?  Wenger already ruined Lucas Perez and shipped him back to spain again, will he be doing the same to lacazette now? Whoever the scouts are trying to find strikers for arsenal needs to be kicked out. 

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Asura said:

Why are Arsenal trying to bring Aubameyang? Wenger spent 50+ million for Lacazette few months ago and he doesnt seem to be totally settled and taken the league by storm, so is he going to replace him with Auba or will he be the second striker?  Wenger already ruined Lucas Perez and shipped him back to spain again, will he be doing the same to lacazette now? Whoever the scouts are trying to find strikers for arsenal needs to be kicked out. 

Aubameyang is better than Lacazette.

I would say it’s like buying clothes at Primark... You can buy lots and have all sorts of colours and styles for a cheaper price but if you want quality then that costs more and you don’t have to keep going back to the shop because it’s ruined so quickly to replace the old one. :ph34r:

14 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I would say it’s like buying clothes at Primark... You can buy lots and have all sorts of colours and styles for a cheaper price but if you want quality then that costs more and you don’t have to keep going back to the shop because it’s ruined so quickly to replace the old one. :ph34r:

You must have shopped at Primark to know :ph34r:

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

You must have shopped at Primark to know :ph34r:

Shhhhhhh... O.o

Women mate!  Women are the ones that cry that they want tons of clothes and then when they look like crap because the clothes quickly lose their shape they go out an buy the same thing again which defeats the object really.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Weird analogy when Lacazette cost you £50m and he's two years younger than Aubameyang :ph34r:

That's exactly why I think it's such a good move for Arsenal though. It would've been so easy for them to take the attitude that Lacazette cost a lot of money and looked good in France so they should give him more time, but in six months they've realised he's not good enough and are looking to replace him with quality. It's a very aggressive move that seems so unlike Arsenal, and I'd be excited if I were an Arsenal fan.

5 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Weird analogy when Lacazette cost you £50m and he's two years younger than Aubameyang :ph34r:

That's exactly why I think it's such a good move for Arsenal though. It would've been so easy for them to take the attitude that Lacazette cost a lot of money and looked good in France so they should give him more time, but in six months they've realised he's not good enough and are looking to replace him with quality. It's a very aggressive move that seems so unlike Arsenal, and I'd be excited if I were an Arsenal fan.

That’s even worse then... What you’re saying is that we bought Primark goods that someone had placed in a Gucci shop. :ph34r:

On 1/26/2018 at 04:52, Stan said:

Aubameyang is better than Lacazette.

Not about who is better and who is not. Question is why do they have to buy another striker right after 6 months a purchase was made? There were so many strikers brought in the last few years like Sanogo, Perez, Lacazette and now Aubemayang. Every summer there will be a talk of bringing in a striker and finally they get a panic buy after overpaying and then try to replace him with someone else in the next window/year. 

On 26/01/2018 at 04:47, Asura said:

I don't think Wenger was ever truly sold by Lacazette, otherwise he would have brought him a few seasons ago. I think he was the best we could do last summer and the club and Wenger needed a big signing so went all in on him.

I don't particularly rate him that highly, clearly a very good striker but nowhere near the calibre of player we thought we was getting. I can't really see to much difference in quality with him and Giroud. Obviously still very early but the club would not be looking to by Aubameyang if Lacazette was having a much better start/season. 

I do question why we just didn't go all out for Aubameyang in the summer, but maybe he wasn't interested until now?

39 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I do question why we just didn't go all out for Aubameyang in the summer, but maybe he wasn't interested until now?

I think this part shows you how much Wenger is to blame mate.  Let’s not forget that we had no technical team or director before and the interest in Lacazette is a long one that goes back at least 5 years.  The fact we never acted upon it was because those in charge were never under so much pressure, a pressure from the fans and even the media that has been getting more and more intense.  I agree with you in the sense that Lacazette was the player we went in for because the club couldn’t or didn’t want to go for anyone else and in the end it was a punt!  A bet like so many bets in so many of our signings that ends up being expensive financially with money thrown away and also detrimental to our competitivity.