talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

I don't think he was underappreciated. We're undoubtedly a much better team with him in the middle linking the midfield to the attack. I think Ozil plays better with Santi in the team because he finds him in the final third. Without him Ozil has to come deep to get it.

• Upvote 1

On 1/1/2018 at 10:56 AM, SirBalon said:

I miss Santi Cazorla... I don’t think us Arsenal fans appreciated him enough before this terrible situation that seems to have ended his footballing career. Boy could we do with him now!

Thats not right mate, every arsenal fan I met and spoke to misses him in the team. Even the guys on ArsenalFanTV likes him :ph34r:

Guardiola, Mourinho, Pochettino, Klopp and Wenger in the pub. Guardiola buys a round of Sangrias and they all enjoy a drink. Then Mourinho goes to the bar and buys a round of red wines. Next Poch goes up and buys a round. When it's Klopp's turn he buys 4 beers. Wenger says "Excusez moi Monsieur Klopp but where is my beer?" Klopp says, sorry this is the 4th round; you're not in it!

:ph34r:

17 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Guardiola, Mourinho, Pochettino, Klopp and Wenger in the pub. Guardiola buys a round of Sangrias and they all enjoy a drink. Then Mourinho goes to the bar and buys a round of red wines. Next Poch goes up and buys a round. When it's Klopp's turn he buys 4 beers. Wenger says "Excusez moi Monsieur Klopp but where is my beer?" Klopp says, sorry this is the 4th round; you're not in it!

:ph34r:

I was gonna read about the forth round draw then I remembered we weren't in it :(

And some were laughing at the fact some Arsenal fans would be all riled up at Wenger staying on and signing a new deal. Shows how much they care about the club that for their detriment they would rather have a situation to laugh at fellow fans they disagree with or find distasteful. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I think he will stay, he is just waiting for an insane contract to be offered to him. I think if we actually got rid of Wenger and replaced him well, he'd probably commit. 

Ozil loves Wenger mate - so don't think that's the case.

Go on then... I challenge anyone to show me where in Özil’s senior career he’s been anything other than a bit part player?

Where’s all this originating from ey?

Where is all this hooh-hah on Özil come from because at the top level of football he has never managed to offer consistency consistently... Never!  Some take these types of statements as being a slant on Özil or a lack of recognition for his undoubted talent.

Bit what if we look at it this way...

Yes he’s very talented, but he can many times be lazy, many times be unconcerned and definitely doesn’t offer the quality he can most of the time.  What if he’s a player you’re paying like a world class game changer but never takes the bull by the horns?

On 1/14/2018 at 19:06, SirBalon said:

Go on then... I challenge anyone to show me where in Özil’s senior career he’s been anything other than a bit part player?

Where’s all this originating from ey?

Where is all this hooh-hah on Özil come from because at the top level of football he has never managed to offer consistency consistently... Never!  Some take these types of statements as being a slant on Özil or a lack of recognition for his undoubted talent.

Bit what if we look at it this way...

Yes he’s very talented, but he can many times be lazy, many times be unconcerned and definitely doesn’t offer the quality he can most of the time.  What if he’s a player you’re paying like a world class game changer but never takes the bull by the horns?

Because a lot of Arsenal fans are so easily pleased these days, Look what this board and Wenger have done to these people , Ozil just has to swing in a corner and if anyone scores off it then Ozil is seen as this assist machine, its pathetic. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Dream on 

Well he doesn't seem to happy with you. If he was at arsenal he would have more power which he seems to want. You haven't kept a manager for more than 3 years since the takeover so seems perfectly plausible

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Well he doesn't seem to happy with you. If he was at arsenal he would have more power which he seems to want. You haven't kept a manager for more than 3 years since the takeover so seems perfectly plausible

If he is going to leave, it won't be for another club in England. Either back at Juve or PSG. 

5 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Why say that?

Because he's not the type of man to manage another club in the same country of a club he has affiliation towards. That and the fact he always says he misses Italy. PSG would also be all over him if he becomes available. 

Edited by Cicero

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Because he's not the type of man to manage another club in the same country of a club he has affiliation towards. That and the fact he always says he misses Italy and that PSG would be all over him if he becomes available. 

OK but I don't think you can say it won't happen from that. There is no loyalty in football I think its perfectly possible he could manage us

I’d like to know why these things weren’t happening 5 or 6 years ago.  Everytime players like Özil and Alexis came in which were anomalies, they were due to pressure.  This seems more organic and correct decisions but why didn’t it happen before and why were we subjected to stale bread all the time!

12 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I’d like to know why these things weren’t happening 5 or 6 years ago.  Everytime players like Özil and Alexis came in which were anomalies, they were due to pressure.  This seems more organic and correct decisions but why didn’t it happen before and why were we subjected to stale bread all the time!

It is down to pure pressure of the fans as well as the other shareholders now, who know what really goes on but this whole thing is extremely strange,  Arsenal bring in a scout from Dortmund and suddenly Arsenal are getting a former Dortmund player plus a current one, so it looks like its not really from Wenger's source.   The power is finally but slowly been taken away from Wenger,  he might of said in the past I do not need to sign players for big money I can find players who can be World class for 10-20 million as that is what he has been doing but who knows.   The only thing everyone should be concerned with, is why is no one signing a contract from the current crop of players, is it because they they do not want to play under Wenger anymore?   if thats so then Wenger needs to go ASAP as the club cannot afford to lose their assets.

Edited by VanPaddy