talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

I'd treat it with a bit of caution. Transfer odds quite often go massively odds on when the club is favourite to sign a player, think Griezmann to United or Van Dijk to Liverpool.

I agree and often bet on players to stay as you get some daft odds there, but 1/6 suggests it's either been massively backed or Sky know something.

I'm reading about it now. Sounds like there's a good chance of it happening. Not liking the prices quoted though. Some saying £25mil. Absolutely absurd money for someone who is now part of a Championship club who only has a year left on his contract. Even in this daft market that's ridiculous.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

yeah I pay absolutely no attention to transfer odds. Think about the source of them - the bookies.

Player starts out on 50/1 for example. Few journalists publish a dead rumour which they pick up on. Many people start to put money on it. Odds drop. More people put money on it. Odds drop even further and further etc. 

Bookies find it so easy to manipulate the public in to getting them to plough more money in to them. 

• Subscriber

The most baffling one for me on there is that they still have Van Dijk at evens to go to Liverpool. 

Obviously you have to take them with a pinch of salt but they do give an overall indication what the consensus is of where people will move to.

A lot of the odds given are just speculative though. Joe Hart was favourite to join Everton when I looked last night, and there's no good reason he should be, there's been little to no chatter on that move, but they just try and put two and two together. Obviously with the Pickford news today that's completely changed but now they have him going to West Ham just because it seems the most likely destination, not because there's been any evidence of talks or interest. 

• Subscriber

I'm fully with you on it but 1/6 isn't just favourites, that's the kind of price you get on Real Madrid to beat Malaga at home, it's a near certainty. Reminds me of when Pearson went, his odds on next manager to go went from 3/1 to 1/10 in the blink of an eye. Something had happened.

I've got money on Mahrez to stay here at 7/1. I think some of them are well over-priced. Who, in the Champions League (which Mahrez quoted as saying he wants) is going to pay the kind of money we want (I'm hearing at least £40mil) for someone who had an inconsistent season? He's also now been quoted as saying he'll stay here if he has to. You've got to have the right situation for it to happen. I think the bookies go well overboard with some of the odds given out.

Apparently we made a 45 million bid for Insigne which got rejected. 

However Insigne's agent claims, "The offer reported by the Sun is inefficient". 

All you need to know really. According to the Sun we are spending 1 billion this summer xD

Bit of movement for us last day or so. 

Italian press seem convinced we're about to push for Niang from Milan as well for about £15 million. There's other links like;

Steve Walsh having a bigger role to play in transfers this summer. He's all over the place. Hopefully he finds his way to Burnley and Swansea next. 

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Man United stating they have no interest in Fabinho. 

Makes sense. He's a smart technical midfielder. Not a tall strong midfielder. Not the Mourinho way. 

I would take Fabinho over Matic anyday though.

Archived