• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
4 minutes ago, Danny said:

I'm sceptical about their signings too, is Michael Keane really a massive upgrade on someone like Ashley Williams? Comparing them to the teams around them, is Klassen close to or better than Pogba, Ramsey, Coutinho, Alli etc?

I think what's good for Everton is they're all young so they can grow over the course of a few years together and they won't have the worry of an ageing squad, but they were 15 points off of the Champions League last season, unless they have more up their sleeves I think it'll be difficult to make that up.

it's not Williams they're replacing though, is it? More for Jagielka I thought. 

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Storts said:

I'm with you Madlad, but then again I've pretty much said it for all the big clubs signings.

So much money thrown around but how many would get in our team? Very few if any. 

Everton spending loads of money, and fair play to them trying to improve the team and squad, but currently I don't think it takes them any higher. 

9 minutes ago, Danny said:

I'm sceptical about their signings too, is Michael Keane really a massive upgrade on someone like Ashley Williams? Comparing them to the teams around them, is Klassen close to or better than Pogba, Ramsey, Coutinho, Alli etc?

I think what's good for Everton is they're all young so they can grow over the course of a few years together and they won't have the worry of an ageing squad, but they were 15 points off of the Champions League last season, unless they have more up their sleeves I think it'll be difficult to make that up.

Yes to the first part because Williams was fucking shite towards the end of last season. 

I don't get what people expect. If we're excited with our signings people want to say "oh well they're still not as good as Liverpool or Tottenham" but like I've said on the previous page, these players are about as good as we can get. On the other hand if we sit here and complain that we're wasting money and that we should be signing better players like the ones the top six can attract you lot would be sitting here calling us deluded and rightly so.

Why does Klaassen need to be as good as Alli and Coutinho? Of course he's fucking not, otherwise he wouldn't be coming to Everton would he? xD

The way people are going on it's like us lot have been making out we'll be getting top four next season which is far from the truth. The excitement is born out of the fact that we're signing good young players that will definitely improve our starting lineup and the squad as a whole, and we're getting shit done early. A far cry from the days of waking up on deadline day with Jermaine Beckford on a free transfer the only business we've done the whole window. 

10 minutes ago, Danny said:

Ashley Williams is shite. 

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

The odds of Liverpool finishing above Everton on a betting site isn't worth me putting £1000 on it. 

I'll happily have an evens bet with anyone on here. 

Nobody said it was a 50/50 chance though, Lucas said he wouldn't rule it out and that's as far as it went. 

£1000 on at 1.14 is £140 of free money if you're that confident B|.

Just now, Cannabis said:

Funny how some of the Liverpool fans come out when we start making waves, and I thought we were the bitter bunch xD? The signings that we are making please me and I really couldn't give much interest in what anyone else thinks, so long as Everton are on the up then I'm happy. Anyone that thinks that Keane is only a slightly bigger upgrade on Ashley Williams needs to give their head a wobble too. There's some absolute shite being spouted at the moment in here.

I've said that the signings you've made are pretty solid?

19 minutes ago, Storts said:

I'm with you Madlad, but then again I've pretty much said it for all the big clubs signings.

So much money thrown around but how many would get in our team? Very few if any. 

Everton spending loads of money, and fair play to them trying to improve the team and squad, but currently I don't think it takes them any higher. 

You'd have liked Keane, my good friend. 

"think he'd be a good signing for any club in the league. I'd like him as our 3rd CB and push Dier back into midfield"

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Nobody said it was a 50/50 chance though, Lucas said he wouldn't rule it out and that's as far as it went. 

£1000 on at 1.14 is £140 of free money if you're that confident B|.

I'm never going to put £1000 on the line for £140 profit mate xD

I'll put it on the line for evens though if you're interested?

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

I'm never going to put £1000 on the line for £140 profit mate xD

I'll put it on the line for evens though if you're interested?

Of course I'm not interested. You want to be chatting Lucas up as he was the one who mentioned it was possible. The day I have £1000 spare lying around I won't be pissing it away on the double heartbreak of betting it on Everton anyway xD.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Of course I'm not interested. You want to be chatting Lucas up as he was the one who mentioned it was possible. The day I have £1000 spare lying around I won't be pissing it away on the double heartbreak of betting it on Everton anyway xD.

Fair play pal xD

@lucas?

4 hours ago, Danny said:

That... if they perform really well next season, they'll get poached by bigger teams with more funds and they will be willing to sell, for starters... if Sandro does perform, he'll be heading back to Spain and if Keane shows he's a really good CB, other clubs will sign him, even Klassen will be poached by a champions league team if he can be one of their standouts next season.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Screenshot_20170703-213926.thumb.png.7192b1d035d273d0208b721be743725f.png

Go on then, put your money where your mouth is B|. Bet365 -> Soccer -> Antepost Betting -> Season Match Bets -> English Premier League 17/18.

Screenshot of bet slip expected :)

Glad you're a member of the decimal odds club. The intellects as we're more commonly known.

Those odds are garbage too. Fuck putting a grand on for a potential £140 win. 1.40 is the lowest I go.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

The odds of Liverpool finishing above Everton on a betting site isn't worth me putting £1000 on it. 

I'll happily have an evens bet with anyone on here. 

Anyone who takes you up on this having literally been shown odds of 5.50 for Everton to come higher deserves a ban xD

10 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Not sure about that, Everton have solid financial backing now. They would have no need to sell, and if they did they've be able to demand exorbitant fees.

Yes they have no need to sell but the players got ambition too, their heads can be easily turned when playing for a club like Everton :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Anyone who takes you up on this having literally been shown odds of 5.50 for Everton to come higher deserves a ban xD

Wouldn't even touch Liverpool vs any top 7 team in the premier league to win against Liverpool, give me West Brom or Burnley to beat Liverpool and now we are talking, would gladly take those odds :D

Given all the top six have something to prepare for, whether it's a new stadium, or a different competition, or an entirely different squad. I wouldn't write Everton off in terms of getting in to the top six (especially if they'd keep hold of there bearcats players) just yet.

17 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Given all the top six have something to prepare for, whether it's a new stadium, or a different competition, or an entirely different squad. I wouldn't write Everton off in terms of getting in to the top six (especially if they'd keep hold of there bearcats players) just yet.

But Everton have them exact same things to prepare for?

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, Dan said:

We're definitely in for Deeney.

I'm unsure. I think we need someone younger.

Massively underwhelming signing if that one happens. Unless he's going cheap for some reason in which case he's possibly worth a punt to add some depth but I think Leicester can get someone better. 

8 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

But Everton have them exact same things to prepare for?

I knew you'd make a response. Your obsession with constantly trying to put them down is beyond cringeworthy and embarrassing. They could sign Messi and Ronaldo and you'd make a case for them both being too old to make an impact.

Everton are not playing at a new ground, there squad is unlikely to have a drastic change as much as City's will, and they could very easily not end up in Europe as Rangers have shown. This could be a great opportunity for them to capitalise this season.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Massively underwhelming signing if that one happens. Unless he's going cheap for some reason in which case he's possibly worth a punt to add some depth but I think Leicester can get someone better. 

I think he'd probably fit in quite well, but he's 29 years old, I can't be arsed with us blowing that much on someone that age. He's had a steady career and has by all accounts been a very big part of what good Watford have done, but I fear with both this and Iborra we're going too far up the route of throwing money at ageing players. We already have a pretty old squad. We need younger blood.

If we're selling Ulloa or Slimani then I get it a lot more, but if not then I cannot see the point really.

1 minute ago, Aaroncpfc said:

I knew you'd make a response. Your obsession with constantly trying to put them down is beyond cringeworthy and embarrassing. They could sign Messi and Ronaldo and you'd make a case for them both being too old to make an impact.

Everton are not playing at a new ground, there squad is unlikely to have a drastic change as much as City's will, and they could very easily not end up in Europe as Rangers have shown. This could be a great opportunity for them to capitalise this season.

You obviously haven't read my previous posts you balloon. I've said basically what you have. Everton have made some good signings and if nothing else will see off anyone challenging them for 7th. It wouldn't be a massive shock though if they did break top 6 but it's highly unlikely given the 6 teams above them. 

Fucking chill out for fucks sake. 

Archived