Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Kalidou Koulibaly - Liverpool Linked

Quote.thumb.png.8a12412347933e38e798986d2ec5bd09.png

Manchester United 'will ramp up pursuit of Kalidou Koulibaly' in the summer as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer feels the Napoli man 'is the perfect partner for Harry Maguire'. (MailOnline)

Kalidou Koulibaly 'decides against January Manchester United move'. (SportsMole)

He is 29 now, not sure why would anyone spend that amount as he has three years in his prime at best.

The second best CB in the world in my opinion. And he would be a fix to City's defensive woes or lack of depth rather.

Would be a shame to see him leave Napoli though, as he's our best player now I'd say.

35 minutes ago, Mpache said:

The second best CB in the world in my opinion. And he would be a fix to City's defensive woes or lack of depth rather.

Would be a shame to see him leave Napoli though, as he's our best player now I'd say.

Nah they need a proper LB, because Mendy and Zinchenko are mediocre.

29 minutes ago, Cicero said:

How much has Pep spent on defenders?

What he wants his defenders to do is rare compared to what he requires of his midfielders and forwards. Really, when I watch his team, I see him only ever use two defenders, the two CBs, his fullbacks are pretty much box-to-box midfielders played on either flank, Walker being the only player dynamic, fit, and technical enough to fit the entirety of the role. If you look at the squad, how many of those players are actually typical defenders? None really, Otamendi is a goon that thinks he is a pass master but can't do either that well, and Stones wants to Xabi Alonso. Fernandinho is a defensive midfielder, and I don't think Laporte has ever been a consistent player for the team.

Quote.thumb.png.ea13187e169ab94ca786fb1334660508.png

Liverpool have moved ahead of Manchester City in the race for Napoli's Senegal centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly, 29, by offering Croatia defender Dejan Lovren, 30, as part of a transfer. (Tuttosport - in Italian)

think they tried sokratis from us earlier in the window. that's some come down, Koulibaly to Sokratis.

football forum