The better place to talk football.

Comunio 2020/2021

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
44 minutes ago, Rick said:

On a scale of 1-10, how did I do? 

Diaby will get you the most points I think.

Can't see Nubel playing much unless Neuer gets a big injury?

I thought about getting Salih Ozcan too but not sure how much he'll play. Kevin Mbabu is a decent purchase.

You must have quite a bit of money in the bank as, apart from Diaby, I can't imagine that squad is that expensive?

I'd give the squad a 6 but not sure if that's a bit harsh!? 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Rick said:

F1B39828-3347-4C27-B131-04EA0B537186.jpeg

I like your attack, would expect the three of them to get you a fair amount of points (Gonzalez is injured now though) . Midfield is so-so, I think Haidara and Özcan have good potential for the season, Sow and Haberer not so much. In defence, I see Mbabu as a good choice, but unfortunately for you, he's seriously injured and won't play for two months or so 😬 Nübel in goal with no chances as long as Neuer is fit. 

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, nudge said:

I like your attack, would expect the three of them to get you a fair amount of points (Gonzalez is injured now though) . Midfield is so-so, I think Haidara and Özcan have good potential for the season, Sow and Haberer not so much. In defence, I see Mbabu as a good choice, but unfortunately for you, he's seriously injured and won't play for two months or so 😬 Nübel in goal with no chances as long as Neuer is fit. 

That's a shame for Mbabu. Didn't know that about him. When I watched him for Wolfsburg (that's correct, yes?!) he stood out on a few occasions. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

That's a shame for Mbabu. Didn't know that about him. When I watched him for Wolfsburg (that's correct, yes?!) he stood out on a few occasions. 

Yeah, he picked up a knee injury while away with the national team. Huge blow for Wolfsburg, especially since their 2nd choice right back is also recovering from a serious injury, so they are kind of short of players for the position. 

5 hours ago, Rick said:

Your attack is probably one of the best attacks in this league that we are playing. Diaby will net you loads of points this season, he is world class and awesome. Cordova and Gonzalez should also do well, even though they play for weaker clubs where it's harder for attackers to score high points compared to attackers at the bigger clubs, where their clubs usually score a lot. 

Your midfield looks solid. Sow is a regular for Frankfurt and an important player in midfield. Haberer and Haidara are also very good midfielders who should perform well this season, although Haberer has a short term injury. Ozcan is good, but I don't think he will get too much playing time.

In defence, Rekik is a solid no no-nsense defender who should net you important points this season and Morey will also no doubt do well, however again not sure how much Morey will play. Mbabu is obviously a very good player, but his long term injury means he will not be netting you any points for a while. I decided to sell N'Dicka for a loss because of his injury and he will only be out for a month. But Mbabu will be out for at least two months, which is quite a long time. So I'd definitely find a replacement for him if I was you. As for Nubel in goal, not sure how much playing time he will be getting behind Neuer, the best goalkeeper in the world. Gikiewicz is up for sale, if you can afford him, I'd buy him if I was you. He's an excellent keeper who is bound to shine and see plenty of action at Augsburg. 

Mate you have a squad of 11 players. The reason why you don't have too much money, is probably because you bought one of the costliest and best players in the league with your purchase of Diaby. But also because you have probably paid well over the odds for some of your other players. In any case, I'd give your team a 7 out of ten right now. But if you can replace Mbabu(because of his long term injury) and Nubel(because lets be honest he's hardly going to play this season), with a couple of decent players, then I'd potentially give your team an 8 out of 10, which is a good score.

5 hours ago, Rick said:

By the way @Rick

This was @nudge's reminder yesterday

"For those of you who have negative balances, make sure you put some players on sale today in order to accept the offer and get the money credited to you by tomorrow night. On Friday morning, balances have to be positive, as otherwise you'll miss out on points for matchday 1.

Good luck everyone! "

So not sure if you can sell players today and be in the red. I'd confirm with her first before buying and selling if you are going to be in the red in doing so.

15 minutes ago, Rick said:

Oh of course. I may wait until the end of Matchday 1. I’ll lose some points on injured players, but it will be less than not fielding them. 

Yes, I have a couple of injuries as well. So yeah, I think it's better to wait and then buy players after matchday one, rather than getting no points at all on matchday one because of being in the red.

Can anyone tell me how long Santiago Ascacibar is estimated to be out injured for? I have been trying to find out, but all I have found is an initial report saying that he will be out for weeks(which is a bit vague). I know Laimer will be out for at least 4 to 5 weeks from now, but I am not sure how long Ascacibar is out for. Hopefully he doesn't miss out on too many matchdays.

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, Michael said:

Can anyone tell me how long Santiago Ascacibar is estimated to be out injured for? I have been trying to find out, but all I have found is an initial report saying that he will be out for weeks(which is a bit vague). I know Laimer will be out for at least 4 to 5 weeks from now, but I am not sure how long Ascacibar is out for. Hopefully he doesn't miss out on too many matchdays.

No indication for how long he will be out, but he's already in individual training so probably not THAT long... 

• Subscriber
42 minutes ago, Michael said:

By the way @Rick

This was @nudge's reminder yesterday

"For those of you who have negative balances, make sure you put some players on sale today in order to accept the offer and get the money credited to you by tomorrow night. On Friday morning, balances have to be positive, as otherwise you'll miss out on points for matchday 1.

Good luck everyone! "

So not sure if you can sell players today and be in the red. I'd confirm with her first before buying and selling if you are going to be in the red in doing so.

Yeah, if you accept an offer tonight, the money will only be credited to your account during the next transfer phase, which is on the night from Friday to Saturday - so after the Matchday 1 starts. If you are in the red come tomorrow morning, you'll miss out on points. 

14 minutes ago, nudge said:

No indication for how long he will be out, but he's already in individual training so probably not THAT long... 

I didn't realise he was back in training, that's very promising news. Hopefully he doesn't miss more than 2 matchdays. Having said that, the competition in Hertha's holding midfield positions this season is quite tough. Tousart, Darida, Maier and even Stark are all contenders for those positions as well as Ascacibar. Unfortunately, I sense that Labbadia prefers Tousart and Darida as his first choice players in those positions. However, I am sure he will rotate his players in that area of the pitch, throughout the course of the season. But thanks for that update @nudge, it's good news.

38 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah, if you accept an offer tonight, the money will only be credited to your account during the next transfer phase, which is on the night from Friday to Saturday - so after the Matchday 1 starts. If you are in the red come tomorrow morning, you'll miss out on points. 

Out of curiosity: is this also true for negative points?

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Out of curiosity: is this also true for negative points?

Very good question. I assume that once your account is negative, your team is kind of frozen for the matchday, so no point (regardless if negative or positive) whatsoever. I'll have to check it out to know for sure though! 

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

Very good question. I assume that once your account is negative, your team is kind of frozen for the matchday, so no point (regardless if negative or positive) whatsoever. I'll have to check it out to know for sure though! 

Asking because I would deem it a bit unfair, if somebody with a positive account could get negative points because his team does horrible, while somebody with a negative account could abstain from nominasting a single player for his teams and not getting the negative points because his point tally is locked.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Michael said:

Image preview

This is my starting line-up for the opening matchday. I would have started Laimer and Ascacibar for Bozdogan and Boujellab if they were fit. You can give your honest opinions about my starting 11 if you wish to do so.

Can't see the image...

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Can't see the image...

I know, it's is too small to see properly. xD

Just seen the Bayern v Schalke line-ups, Matondo surprisingly starts for Schalke, but Bozdogan and Boujellab are not even on the bench.:ph34r:

Either way, I don't think that many Schalke players are going to get many points today away to this Bayern side.

• Subscriber
Just now, Michael said:

I know, it's is too small to see properly. xD

Just seen the Bayern v Schalke line-ups, Matondo surprisingly starts for Schalke, but Bozdogan and Boujellab are not even on the bench.:ph34r:

Either way, I don't think that many Schalke players are going to get many points today away to this Bayern side.

It's not that, the image link is broken and doesn't show for me at all xD 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived