talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

There are all sorts of rumours passing through Europe's media (especially in Italy) that Antonio Conte could be on his way out of Chelsea FC.

Apparently the relationship between him and a number of the board has reached boiling point and could be at a stage of no return.  This could be just more unfounded rumours but it's now attached itself to practically every European national sports newspaper.  They're even mentioning replacements that could come in for Chelsea in the shape of Luis Enrique or Thomas Tuchel.

Was just about to post that, several links are hinting that could well happen. I believe if this happens the club is making a step back for a few years. Conte made a winning team under a year, and this will go very badly with the fans. I for once would be devastated.

5 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Was just about to post that, several links are hinting that could well happen. I believe if this happens the club is making a step back for a few years. Conte made a winning team under a year, and this will go very badly with the fans. I for once would be devastated.

It could well be unfounded rumours, but in recent years a lot of what's come from inside the walls at Stamford Bridge seems to have been true.  Someone at the club whoever it is, is leaking sensitive information with what goes on.  This puts the club under a lot of pressure and actually makes certain issues harder to resolve because they're now in the public eye like everything surrounding with Diego Costa just to use an issue that's recent.  That sort of info usually doesn't come out.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

It could well be unfounded rumours, but in recent years a lot of what's come from inside the walls at Stamford Bridge seems to have been true.  Someone at the club whoever it is, is leaking sensitive information with what goes on.  This puts the club under a lot of pressure and actually makes certain issues harder to resolve because they're now in the public eye like everything surrounding with Diego Costa just to use an issue that's recent.  That sort of info usually doesn't come out.

I hope it is just the paper talk that went on all summer, if he does get sacked or resigns the Chelsea board should follow. 

Just now, True Blue said:

I hope it is just the paper talk that went on all summer, if he does get sacked or resigns the Chelsea board should follow. 

The board is practically hand picked by the owner and for that to happen, the owner would have to admit blame with a lot of issues.  The board will remain mate!

I feel sorry for Álvaro Morata in all of this...  Conte worked his arse off to get him to Juventus and left two weeks later when he couldn't refuse a shock surprise invitation to become the coach of Italy.  Now Conte has battled with the board to bring Morata to Chelsea and Morata could see Conte leave again although for other issues.  Maybe the relationship they seem to have is forbidden in another dimension and the forces work against both of them. O.o

15 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

Actually I thought Bakayoko looked a bit clumsy, I know he is not match fit but, he sure crashed into a fair number of Spurs players.  He gave up the foul that led to the own goal and just after that gave up a foul on the edge of the box that Spurs should have down better from.    I would have to see him  play a few times more before I pass judgement.

Wow, its as thou you are describing Matic on his best games last season and we got 40M for him! :ay:

I have no doubt in my mind he is a HUGE upgrade on Matic who we must remember, saw the writing on the wall and couldnt get out quick enough.

Yes I know I must sound like a sad git, but I normally watch our games 2 or 3 times and I would like to bring to everyone's attention to Bakayoko sprinting almost the entire length of the pitch in the breakaway leading to the winning goal in the 87th minute. Wonderful conditioning for a player who had been out for a number of months since the end of last season.

I think we found a good one.

On 8/23/2017 at 10:33 PM, The Liquidator said:

Oh look another twitter crap account ~ I had actually starting to think better of you Luke ~ But here you are sharing another garbage account.

Haha I was waiting for your reaction.

The videos speak the truth though, only have to go back as little as the Burnley game to see another example of Cahill's poor ability on the ball. We have a duty to not only produce good defenders in this country but good footballers as well.

Haha, yeah I know I am predictable.

Thing is with Christensen ~ He is getting huge plaudits for his performance at Wembley with many who have been waving their dicks above their head while he has been in Germany taking this performance as proof of what they have been proclaiming.

Of course everyone fails to speak of the protection he was given by the manager for his first start.

Most teams have one holding midfielder, sometimes teams set up with two holding midfielders away from home.

Our new superstar CH had THREE top class holding midfielders infront of him.

I would humbly suggest if John Stones was afforded that kind of protection during his time at City, we Chelsea fans would be beating ourselves up on the one that got away.

Lets wait n see on young Andrea's ~ Of course I have my fingers crossed for him, but I'll wait a while before waving anything above my head.

Oh on Gary ~ He is a naturally right footed CH who is doing a job the wrong side of the defence for him. No wonder he does not look natural coming out of defence with the ball. It's simple basic understanding of the game. He is doing a magnificent job for us and it tires me when I read those who should take a while before offering their views in negative fashion.

9 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Haha, yeah I know I am predictable.

Thing is with Christensen ~ He is getting huge plaudits for his performance at Wembley with many who have been waving their dicks above their head while he has been in Germany taking this performance as proof of what they have been proclaiming.

Of course everyone fails to speak of the protection he was given by the manager for his first start.

Most teams have one holding midfielder, sometimes teams set up with two holding midfielders away from home.

Our new superstar CH had THREE top class holding midfielders infront of him.

I would humbly suggest if John Stones was afforded that kind of protection during his time at City, we Chelsea fans would be beating ourselves up on the one that got away.

Lets wait n see on young Andrea's ~ Of course I have my fingers crossed for him, but I'll wait a while before waving anything above my head.

Oh on Gary ~ He is a naturally right footed CH who is doing a job the wrong side of the defence for him. No wonder he does not look natural coming out of defence with the ball. It's simple basic understanding of the game. He is doing a magnificent job for us and it tires me when I read those who should take a while before offering their views in negative fashion.

That in itself shouldn't be a problem for defenders who are good at playing from the back, which the game now demands from defenders. 

He's been taking shit since day one, because he wasn't expensive and not a huge name. Overall he did more good than bad obviously, also i don't consider him the weak link but he is error prone from time to time. His biggest problem is that all his errors end in defeat or goals conceded. 

1 minute ago, True Blue said:

He's been taking shit since day one, because he wasn't expensive and not a huge name. Overall he did more good than bad obviously, also i don't consider him the weak link but he is error prone from time to time. His biggest problem is that all his errors end in defeat or goals conceded. 

I made a post several months back regarding Cahill. We as the club expected too much from him, given the fact we signed him from Bolton then a couple months later he is playing in the Champions League final. He is one of the best defenders at set pieces and last ditch tackles, but that's it. Need to appreciate him for what he is rather than unrealistic expectations. 

• Upvote 1

Hazard played for the under 23's for 75 minutes looked sharp and fit. Doubt he will be risked tomorrow, but we will have him ready for Leicester after the International break. Conte can finally have an option to pick the starting eleven. 

I'd go with:

------------Courtois-------------

Dave-------Luiz------Rudiger

Moses-Baka-Kante-Alonso

Willian-----Morata------Pedro

Much news suggesting The Ox told Arsenal again yesterday he will not sign a contract with them. Did he tell them he intended to sign a contract with Chelsea at the end of his Arsenal deal? Not if you believe media outlets who say Liverpool have made a huge play for him last night.

Now I wonder if what Sanchez said, wanting to stay in London, still stands. Surly Arsenal wouldnt sell both to us? I am told if Arsenal look to cash in on Sanchez, we will bid competitively.