talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

15 minutes ago, Saturdays Are For The Boys said:

You're owner is of jewish decent you absolute mongs. Chelsea shouldnt be blamed for a couple shits though, fucking lifetime ban them andd give those fans a large fine. Disgusting.

But is it racist? It is directed at Tottenham supporters not Jews; it just so happens they share a slur.

For well over a couple of decades my Spurs friends referred to themselves as the "Y" word Army, spinning our & almost all club fans reference to Spurs Jewish background. I remember them being particularly proud of that title (Not that they would get a real one) & thought no more of our and others song over any other fired their way.

Once football became the new Rock n Roll and jealous assholes who wouldnt take an interest in anything at White Hart Lane before, started raising issues.

I think Spurs are more stung by the Willian song & for my mind there was no reason to raise Morata signing & most definitely lyric with the "Y" word. Disappointing.

And for our judgemental Stoke fan, it was no more than a couple of seasons ago I sat with Stoke fans watching the visit of Arsenal to their home patch and listened to vile abuse, far worse than anything Chelsea fans produced this past weekend, aimed at Arsene Wenger. People laughing at the videos of fans throwing there arms about in taking the Michael. Shame what they were saying could not be heard. It was like being back in the 70's. Understandable mind, I hear they have only just got Electricity in Stoke.  :ay:

So you're honestly going to defend those individuals? That's just as disgusting then. That's why I specifically said Chelsea shouldn't be blamed for the individuals who started this. It's not the club or the fans faults it's those idiots who started the chant. Doesn't matter what club they are from, Stoke, Chelsea, Porto, etc. The game doesn't have room for unnecessary slurs whether it's religion, race or sexuality, etc. 

Edited by Saturdays Are For The Boys

2 minutes ago, Saturdays Are For The Boys said:

So you're honestly going to defend those individuals? That's just as disgusting then. That's why I specifically said Chelsea shouldn't be blamed for the individuals who started this. It's not the club or the fans faults it's those idiots who started the chant. Doesn't matter what club they are from, Stoke, Chelsea, Porto, etc. The game doesn't have room for unnecessary slurs whether it's religion, race or sexuality, etc. 

Tell that to Spurs then? xD

Like nigger, them using the term Yids to associate themselves teaches others to use it when associating them, yet when others use it all of a sudden its a derogatory term. 

People chose to get offended by certain things, so its hilarious to hear these things when people can't fathom that they are  giving these terms the recognition they so desperately don't want it to have. 

In regards to these slurs, either all words are OK, or none of them are OK. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Tell that to Spurs then? xD

Like nigger, them using the term Yids to associate themselves teaches others to use it when associating them, yet when others use it all of a sudden its a derogatory term. 

People chose to get offended by certain things, so its hilarious to hear these things when people can't fathom that they are  giving these terms the recognition they so desperately don't want it to have. 

In regards to these slurs, either all words are OK, or none of them are OK. 

While I see what you're saying there is a difference between someone saying it in a derogatory way vs conversational way.

If either all those slurs are ok or not ok then in a sense that's like saying it's ok to call the germans on this forum nazi's because it doesn't offend me and they are german so it must go hand in hand or anyone on the forum that is gay a "fag"?  I'm not trying to be aggressive, I'm just trying to get your take on what is ok vs not ok then with any slur. 

3 minutes ago, Saturdays Are For The Boys said:

While I see what you're saying there is a difference between someone saying it in a derogatory way vs conversational way.

If either all those slurs are ok or not ok then in a sense that's like saying it's ok to call the germans on this forum nazi's because it doesn't offend me and they are german so it must go hand in hand or anyone on the forum that is gay a "fag"?  I'm not trying to be aggressive, I'm just trying to get your take on what is ok vs not ok then with any slur. 

I'm referring to people holding certain slurs to such a higher esteem compared to others. So when Spurs fans get offended by someone else using the term Yid, it goes against what I'm saying when they themselves use it to refer to themselves. Nigger, Pikey, Yid, whatever. If it is deemed as a derogatory remark, it should then be valued the same as the others. 

4 hours ago, Cicero said:

I'm referring to people holding certain slurs to such a higher esteem compared to others. So when Spurs fans get offended by someone else using the term Yid, it goes against what I'm saying when they themselves use it to refer to themselves. Nigger, Pikey, Yid, whatever. If it is deemed as a derogatory remark, it should then be valued the same as the others. 

I see and agree with what your saying. However because they associate themselves with it in the context of themselves it'll never go away, although I think it should. I dont understand the "we can say it but you can't" culture. If I can't say "nigga" you cant say kike etc.

33 minutes ago, Saturdays Are For The Boys said:

I see and agree with what your saying. However because they associate themselves with it in the context of themselves it'll never go away, although I think it should. I dont understand the "we can say it but you can't" culture. If I can't say "nigga" you cant say kike etc.

Because words are contextual and relative to the speaker and the listener. For instance, if I call a black friend of mine 'my nigga' is he going to be offended? No, it is between friends and understood as much. The word is different when used in different social scenarios, with different people, different inflections, and different intent. On the other hand if I said 'You're a useless fucking nigger'; even to my friend it is obviously completely different. 

This wasn't a racist incident; it did contain a slur but the slur wasn't used with racist intent. As you know words have several meanings; the word 'yid' has two, a derogatory term for Jews and term the Tottenham supporters refer to themselves as. 'Alonso notched a brace against the Yids' (context: football discussion) is a different statement that 'gas the yids' (context: violent racial slur; holocaust implications).

Mate, you're a gweilo. Don't know what that means? Well, it is actually a Cantonese slur for white people. Are you offended? If you are, that is only because I told you it is a slur; otherwise the word has no context for you and is rendered meaningless because you don't have anything basis to form offence from. If we are to use the Post-Modern style of deconstruction, you would realise that the only reason we are offended by words is because we are taught to be offended by them. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Spike said:

Because words are contextual and relative to the speaker and the listener. For instance, if I call a black friend of mine 'my nigga' is he going to be offended? No, it is between friends and understood as much. The word is different when used in different social scenarios, with different people, different inflections, and different intent. On the other hand if I said 'You're a useless fucking nigger'; even to my friend it is obviously completely different. 

This wasn't a racist incident; it did contain a slur but the slur wasn't used with racist intent. As you know words have several meanings; the word 'yid' has two, a derogatory term for Jews and term the Tottenham supporters refer to themselves as. 'Alonso notched a brace against the Yids' (context: football discussion) is a different statement that 'gas the yids' (context: violent racial slur; holocaust implications).

Mate, you're a gweilo. Don't know what that means? Well, it is actually a Cantonese slur for white people. Are you offended? If you are, that is only because I told you it is a slur; otherwise the word has no context for you and is rendered meaningless because you don't have anything basis to form offence from. If we are to use the Post-Modern style of deconstruction, you would realise that the only reason we are offended by words is because we are taught to be offended by them. 

Far too intelligent for a Football board ~ Go stand in the corner  :12_slight_smile:

I know it is just Qarabag but he looked very good and had a good game. Rudiger was caught off position a few times but managed to clear his mess. The back three Azpi Luiz and the third spot is a fight between the remaining three with Cahill being the worst option for now. His lunge in the first half was very similar to the one he was sent off for against Burnley, no need for a tackle and in bad position for a centerback.  

10 minutes ago, True Blue said:

I know it is just Qarabag but he looked very good and had a good game. Rudiger was caught off position a few times but managed to clear his mess. The back three Azpi Luiz and the third spot is a fight between the remaining three with Cahill being the worst option for now. His lunge in the first half was very similar to the one he was sent off for against Burnley, no need for a tackle and in bad position for a centerback.  

There is something about Christensen's defending that is so catchy on the eye. So elegant. Like the Italian defenders of old. 

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

There is something about Christensen's defending that is so catchy on the eye. So elegant. Like the Italian defenders of old. 

Yeah, its all the holding midfielders the manager plays infront of him protecting his ass  :34_rolling_eyes:

Mr. Blobby could have played in the centre of our defence last night.... ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for anyone who played to be highlighted  :46_confounded:

4 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Yeah, its all the holding midfielders the manager plays infront of him protecting his ass  :34_rolling_eyes:

Mr. Blobby could have played in the centre of our defence last night.... ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for anyone who played to be highlighted  :46_confounded:

Ok? Referring to him in general, not solely on the basis of last nights game. 

Look he is a promising player who our manager has said he trusts. It seems thats a big compliment as almost all other youngsters have been put out on loan.

So far Christensen was on the pitch for all three goals Burnley scored against us and in the next game the manager played 3 holding midfielders infront of him at Wembley. Last nights game was a non event.

For me he has been bang average and does not deserve the plaudits you pour on him each week.

Lets wait n see. I have my fingers crossed for him n truly want him to make it at our club, but FFS, let the boy earn your praise.

5 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Look he is a promising player who our manager has said he trusts. It seems thats a big compliment as almost all other youngsters have been put out on loan.

So far Christensen was on the pitch for all three goals Burnley scored against us and in the next game the manager played 3 holding midfielders infront of him at Wembley. Last nights game was a non event.

For me he has been bang average and does not deserve the plaudits you pour on him each week.

Lets wait n see. I have my fingers crossed for him n truly want him to make it at our club, but FFS, let the boy earn your praise.

You do realise that my valuation on him is high due to his time at Gladbach rather than merely this season alone, right? 

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

You do realise that my valuation on him is high due to his time at Gladbach rather than merely this season alone, right? 

Yes, I understand that, but what you fail to see is the point I have been trying to get you to accept.... the Bundesliga isnt the EPL.

We can forget everything he did there, its what he does here will determined if he gets my & my fellow Chelsea fans praise.

What we need to see is a home game with just Kante infront of him playing in the middle of 3 and Benteke or Carrol up against him.

Then we will know what we have

I felt it was a terrible performance today. I kinda made my mind up after 20 mins we would get nothing from the game and placed a bet on the draw. I am not sure how many agree with me but I felt the manager was VERY slow to react to the game. As much as I was pleased to see Bakayoko make an appearance in the 2nd half, I would have preferred to see Hazard enter the game at that time. A defensive move by the manager at half time? I think so. I think I have said before, Fabregas, again as much as I love his play, shouldnt start against other high ranking clubs. I understand the manager called it a good draw. I say it was a fucking disgraceful performance which lacked sparkle after the first 10 mins.

Lastly, I am fairly new to this board but what I am about to say I have said for years, since this guy appeared on our football pitches.

Michael Oliver, referee.   HE IS A WRONGON!

I have no doubt in my mind the guy plays up when taking charge of our games, and I understand the club feels the same way.

Cahill had no business just walking back into the XI. Still actually baffled that Conte put in Kante+Cesc after everything that's happened with them together and equally as baffled as to why Hazard and Bakayoko were on the bench. 

Like I said, this poor result was down to Conte. He should have learned by now being this the 5th time he's faced Wenger. 

Were never going to get anything from the game with that lineup. 

Onwards and upwards and focus on Forest midweek. One game at a time at this rate. 

Cahill and Willian need to be benched until further notice. Just liabilities as of now. One is a chicken in headlights and the other is a headless chicken. Both need to stay in their coup. 

Drinkwater unavailable until after the international break, so I'd like to see this against Forest. 

Batshuayi

Hazard--------------------------------Musonda Jr.

Kenedy--------Fabregas-----Bakayoko-----Zappacosta

Cahill-------Christensen----Rudiger

Caballero

Edited by Cicero