talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

I would normally defend Willian, but his performance this past weekend was pretty pathetic.

Cahill is a strange one. Not at his best so far this season with Rudiger looking more at ease on the left that Gary. For me, its an ideal time to switch Gary back to the right. We still havent fixed the weakness over Dave and I would like to see it sorted before it costs us again.

Looks as thou you will get your wish Cicero with Christensen getting a run in the centre, including Stoke away. I believe that will be illuminating.

Cahill wasn't the problem on Sunday, all down to Conte. I can't think why he didn't go with three in midfield especially after our recent performances against Arsenal unless there were concerns over the fitness of Bakayoko. Then again if that was the case I still would have put Luiz in midfield. We were starting to win the battle in the middle with Bakayoko's arrival.

Interestingly we've had three red cards in our last three games against Arsenal which hasn't helped our cause either.

Edited by carefreeluke

5 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

Cahill wasn't the problem on Sunday, all down to Conte. I can't think why he didn't go with three in midfield especially after our recent performances against Arsenal unless there were concerns over the fitness of Bakayoko. Then again if that was the case I still would have put Luiz in midfield. We were starting to win the battle in the middle with Bakayoko's arrival.

Interestingly we've had three red cards in our last three games against Arsenal which hasn't helped our cause either.

And all three were blatant red's, so Conte is coming across rather stupid trying to defend them. 

I understand he's trying to defend his players, but sometimes you just have to accept that they were in the wrong and things need to change in regards to their temperament. 

But that is in the past. I'm fairly certain Conte will get things moving again. 

Edited by Cicero

I commented on Cahill during the match thread and as far as I'm reading him at the moment he looks increasingly anxious on the ball and in his body language in general. Just a theory but perhaps he's been feeling the pressure more than usual this year with Chelsea fans' criticism of him growing, of which he has even responded to on social media. This combined with the captaincy and the increased competition perhaps things are getting to him a bit.

Edited by carefreeluke

2 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

I commented on Cahill during the match thread and as far as I'm reading him at the moment he looks increasingly anxious on the ball and in his body language in general. Just a theory but perhaps he's been feeling the pressure more than usual this year with Chelsea fans' criticism of him growing, of which he has even responded to on social media. This combined with the captaincy and the increased competition perhaps things are getting to him a bit.

People are fearing it will turn into an Ivanovic situation, where the manager is forcing us to dislike a certain player by continuing to play him no matter how many mistakes he makes as well as the potentially better alternatives we have on the bench. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

People are fearing it will turn into an Ivanovic situation, where the manager is forcing us to dislike a certain player by continuing to play him no matter how many mistakes he makes as well as the potentially better alternatives we have on the bench. 

Yeah mate, Ivanovic should have been binned arguably two years before he eventually did. 

Managers putting trust in certain players who perhaps don't deserve it is common though, perhaps to do with squad harmony and man management etc. Mourinho dropped Cahill in 14/15 for around a month and Zouma took his place, credit Mourinho here as it actually sorted Cahill out and he got back on track after that.

I am perhaps harsh on players at times but with a club of our resources and ambitions we should be aiming to have some of the best players in the world in every position. Cahill, Moses, Alonso, Willian aren't at the level we should be aspiring to. I would look back on Cahill fondly no doubt about it but I will always compare him to the best we've had and that's Terry and Ashley Cole, it was a pleasure watching these two play at their peaks. For me we still haven't replaced Cole, who perhaps goes slightly underappreciated by Chelsea fans in comparison to the likes of Terry, Lampard, Drogba etc.

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Chelsea are being investigated (again) by FIFA over their youth transfer policy.

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...vestigated-by-fifa-over-youth-transfer-policy

7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Who is it this time? 

Chelsea. He just said. 

:ph34r: 

Chelsea are expected to line up as follows:

Caballero; Rudiger, Christensen, Cahill (c); Zappacosta, Bakayoko, Fabregas, Kenedy; Musonda, Batshuayi, Hazard.

Subs: Eduardo, Clarke-Salter, Moses, Sterling, Ampadu, Willian, Morata.

Mixed team like the look of it, time to step up for the one's that aren't starting.

17 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Net spend of only 15 million this summer :coffee:

We are bound to face them in the knockouts should we qualify 

Well we will face him again in the tie at the Bridge with Costa on board, since he wasn't registered for the Champions League :coffee:

Oh and a deal worth to be 50mill pounds with add on's not confirmed yet.

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Net spend of only 15 million this summer :coffee:

We are bound to face them in the knockouts should we qualify 

Had to be done ~ You can only have a Cancer in the dressing room for so long and Diego has outstayed his welcome.

This manager has managed to do what the previous manager could not, which in time was a major contributor to him losing his job.

While it hasnt been the smoothest 3 months to rid him and allowed the weak minded some wet dreams thinking it will cripple us, from what we have seen, it looks as thou we have come through it.

44 minutes ago, Danny said:

I don't get why Chelsea didn't do everything to keep Costa? Surely him and Morata up front would be class for you lot?

I reckon Chelsea will buy big in January now this is done and dusted.

Because we don't want a bad egg disrupting the team? 

We avoided signing Aurier for the very same reason

Edited by Cicero

Ironically his best season for us was under Conte. I'll miss him. Whilst I understand Chelsea fan's frustration with him, I always thought his antics etc were over exaggerated and not really a big issue compared to what they were made out to be. My biggest problem with him was his form in the second half of last season and that's where my annoyance lay. I was always for keeping him at least for another season but with the fall out etc we were right to let him go. He's going to be fantastic for Atlético, exactly the type of player they are missing at the moment.