talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

Don't know what we will do against Everton.

We can do the 3-4-3 with a false 9, although it proved to be very frusturating against Southampton as having no target man literally screws us in the final 3rd. We could have Batshuayi but he's been very poor as of late. 

We could do the 3-5-2 with Pedro and Hazard up top. Although neither of them can hold the ball up against the physical defenders, and having Batshuayi would limit our play as he isn't as good as a footballer as Morata as. 

24 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I'd much rather he plays CM. Has looked almost faultless at both CB and CM

While I would agree with you CM would be a far more safe option as he is completely raw and as we saw last night, is liable to take a player out with his inexperience and enthusiasm, I can not stress how well he read the game infront of him and organized those around him. He looks to be a proper leader, even future Captain level and the buzz around the ground was really something. The 2nd half was rubbish, but this kid was shouting at the two central midfielders infront him demanding more from them both and gave Pedro a full mouthful when he allowed a player to run past him without challenge. He soon left the pitch.

Id like him to continue as a CH in a 3 and get some airtime on the right side of a 3 too which will benefit him if we ever go back to a 4.

1 hour ago, The Liquidator said:

While I would agree with you CM would be a far more safe option as he is completely raw and as we saw last night, is liable to take a player out with his inexperience and enthusiasm, I can not stress how well he read the game infront of him and organized those around him. He looks to be a proper leader, even future Captain level and the buzz around the ground was really something. The 2nd half was rubbish, but this kid was shouting at the two central midfielders infront him demanding more from them both and gave Pedro a full mouthful when he allowed a player to run past him without challenge. He soon left the pitch.

Id like him to continue as a CH in a 3 and get some airtime on the right side of a 3 too which will benefit him if we ever go back to a 4.

The thing is though, considering Chelsea are the current champions... What you have to think about is.... If he breaks into the team later down the line yet Chelsea finish below first.... Has he really improved you? 🧐

17 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

The thing is though, considering Chelsea are the current champions... What you have to think about is.... If he breaks into the team later down the line yet Chelsea finish below first.... Has he really improved you? 🧐

Haha, sorry for all the sleepless nights mate, not sure this almost humourous posting will release you from my grip. That is still in the hands of your Dracula goalkeeper (Don't like crosses) and wide apart defenders. Who would have thought your manager would be on my side? Have a good Christmas!

19 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

Haha, sorry for all the sleepless nights mate, not sure this almost humourous posting will release you from my grip. That is still in the hands of your Dracula goalkeeper (Don't like crosses) and wide apart defenders. Who would have thought your manager would be on my side? Have a good Christmas!

Wow, I couldnt have asked for a better example than last night... Not that Liverpool fans are accepting of the descriptions

2 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

Wow, I couldnt have asked for a better example than last night... Not that Liverpool fans are accepting of the descriptions

All Liverpool fans accept that we need to upgrade our goalkeeper and CB’s. Anyone who hasn’t been living under a rock for the past 5 years would know that. 

12 minutes ago, Cicero said:

This is Willian's  6th season for us.

148 PL games and only 21 goals. 

I don't believe he has ever been prolific in his career. Hardly surprising, especially when considering half of those goals came from wild FKs.

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

I don't believe he has ever been prolific in his career. Hardly surprising, especially when considering half of those goals came from wild FKs.

Our habit of signing average Brazilians needs to end. We should be putting max efforts to sign Arthur, but no question we will continue to target the Nathan's, Oscar's, and Piazon's of Brazil. 

24 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Our habit of signing average Brazilians needs to end. We should be putting max efforts to sign Arthur, but no question we will continue to target the Nathan's, Oscar's, and Piazon's of Brazil. 

True but try not frame your posts like Jamie Redknapp xD

21 hours ago, Spike said:

Anyone else think that Alonso could be a decent CM?

He's dross mate, a lot being made of his goal scoring record for a defender but he's not really a defender in our system, the wing backs are two of the furthest players forward at all times for us. That comparison isn't really a fair one as he's being compared to pure defenders. He's given a lot of freedom in our system and has a lot of cover and protection in and around him as well, he follows the tactical instructions and has to be in certain positions all game.

And Moses was growing on me loads until his recent two performances.

Edited by carefreeluke

The system is based on good wing backs and we are the thinnest there, just don't want to get another Zappacosta in January. I can wait until the summer no problem. As for Willian he played a total of 210 games and score 37 goals for us, agree that the record isn't impressive but truth to be told he was a defender too under Jose xD

13 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Majority of footballing world seems to rate him and whilst that's the case we could flog him for 30M at least and put that towards someone decent. I would love Zaha.

You see that way of thinking all the time. WIllian scores a FK and penalty against Spurs, all of a sudden he's top class and completely papers over the cracks of how limited he is. 

Alonso scores a few FK's and it apparently papers over how utterly average he is defensively. 

FA Cup semi final against Spurs. Those that actually watched the game, would understand how much of a passenger Matic was. He then scores a cracker, and some people were giving him MOTM. 

People tend to look at the highlight reel rather the full match and actually analysing their ability as a footballer. (nearly laughed my ass off at his performance against Burnley, as he yet again refuses to use his right foot to play a pass and ignores the situation entirely). 

Cahill, Zappacosta, Alonso, Moses, Drinkwater, Willian, Batshuayi are just not good enough, especially to be regulars in the starting XI.  

Edited by Cicero

Today a very good team performance and someone was bound to get destroyed with the amount of chances we missed in the past few games. Willian was superb today two assists and a goal, and the partnership Kante - Drinkwater worked well. Danny scored a very nice goal, so refreshing to see our midfielders having a go missed that. The team looked fresh and we will be fully fit for Arsenal. Morata could have got a couple today but it seem's he only scores headers haha. Very pleased today can't find something to say negative, only restricted Stoke to a single shot the entire 92 minutes. Moving to second is also a bonus.

Onto the list from Cicero

Cahill, Zappacosta, Alonso, Moses, Drinkwater, Willian, Batshuayi. The bolded aren't starters and can do a job but not a very good one. Alonso can be brilliant but most of the time plain average. Think it's a bit harsh on Moses as he always does okay for me, just can't cross to save his life. Drinkwater needs more games he showed today that he is more than capable and played a perfect game. Verryyy harsh on Willian, when he is up for it he is superb, had a very slow start to the season i could say the worst in his Chelsea career, but in the past month he was our best winger. Goal wise, assist wise and performance wise. I only think he will be more of a squad player due to age.

Edited by True Blue

Morata should have easily got 5 goals in his last five with the chances he was provided with. Not hating but if Michy missed all this he would be shot after the game. Those chances were all 100% not half chances or even from difficult positions. He had to score the winner, and the 3-5-2 again proved to be useless. We need a 2-0 win or more in the first leg to go through, as we defend wayyy to deeply at the Emirates.

Happy New Year my fellow Blue's! One hopes you and your families had wonderful festive times together!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Well I had been flagging up Morata's well below average finishing since I got a good look at him and last night was the biggest hit we have taken.

As much as I agreed with losing Costa because of his antics, him returning and scoring last night kinda put the Cherry on a awful night for our Blues.

Not sure about you guys, but I felt like we had lost last night to that equalizer. Thx Morata  :censored:

--------------------------------------------------------

The Willian stat,

"This is Willian's  6th season for us.

148 PL games and only 21 goals. "

This is what I would call a BULLSHIT SKY SPORTS stat.

Whenever you see this kind of stat you must determine minutes on the pitch. As I am sure all are aware, Willian is a player who rarely completes a 90 min game and is often a introduced Substitute. I have no idea of his actual mins, but would suggest he score in 1 in 5, 90 mins. When you compare he is normally stuck out wide and not his preferred position of in the middle, I would say its a fair return. While he cant be looked upon as a superstar, to suggest he isnt good enough for our club is laughable and fingers should be pointed towards those who have the team selection n tactics for not getting more out of him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bloody Alonso produced another goal to bring his total to 7 for the season, judging by his finger count held up in his New Highbury celebration. While I am in full agreement that his defending isnt good enough, I cant help warming to the guy who continues to bounce back with goals n assists in his Chelsea shirt. News we are in for Juventus wing back again, now almost 30M less than it was said we prepared to pay in the summer, I guess is expected although not sure why the price reduction and this alone would have me questioning why. I have to say if I was in charge I would be in Chelsea fan Luke Shaw's ear to make sure he knows where his new home should be after running down his United contract.

For the record, I do not believe Alonso would be a tidy CM.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zappacosta:

He gets a full season of bit parts before he gets any stick from me. Very difficult to make a claim on anything when you are introduced from the bench in most of your appearances. It's not like our darling new CF who gets plenty of airtime & supply of chances to run around allowing us to determine what he is at this stage of his career. Interesting the manager took Moses off yet again when he seemed to refuse to take on the Arsenal left back. I am sure I dont have to remind anyone who did just that when he was introduced and set up Alonso.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer window:

By the end of this window we will be able to determine if our manager will still be with us next season. From what I have been told and read, the clever money is on him being elsewhere next season, which inturn would lead us to believe the window will not be as fruitful as we may hope. I have already stated I would like us to get Luke Shaw and I would like us to get at least 2 more forwards, preferably forwards with 2 feet.

Edited by The Liquidator

6 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Happy New Year my fellow Blue's! One hopes you and your families had wonderful festive times together!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Well I had been flagging up Morata's well below average finishing since I got a good look at him and last night was the biggest hit we have taken.

As much as I agreed with losing Costa because of his antics, him returning and scoring last night kinda put the Cherry on a awful night for our Blues.

Not sure about you guys, but I felt like we had lost last night to that equalizer. Thx Morata  :censored:

--------------------------------------------------------

The Willian stat,

"This is Willian's  6th season for us.

148 PL games and only 21 goals. "

This is what I would call a BULLSHIT SKY SPORTS stat.

Whenever you see this kind of stat you must determine minutes on the pitch. As I am sure all are aware, Willian is a player who rarely completes a 90 min game and is often a introduced Substitute. I have no idea of his actual mins, but would suggest he score in 1 in 5, 90 mins. When you compare he is normally stuck out wide and not his preferred position of in the middle, I would say its a fair return. While he cant be looked upon as a superstar, to suggest he isnt good enough for our club is laughable and fingers should be pointed towards those who have the team selection n tactics for not getting more out of him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bloody Alonso produced another goal to bring his total to 7 for the season, judging by his finger count held up in his New Highbury celebration. While I am in full agreement that his defending isnt good enough, I cant help warming to the guy who continues to bounce back with goals n assists in his Chelsea shirt. News we are in for Juventus wing back again, now almost 30M less than it was said we prepared to pay in the summer, I guess is expected although not sure why the price reduction and this alone would have me questioning why. I have to say if I was in charge I would be in Chelsea fan Luke Shaw's ear to make sure he knows where his new home should be after running down his United contract.

For the record, I do not believe Alonso would be a tidy CM.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zappacosta:

He gets a full season of bit parts before he gets any stick from me. Very difficult to make a claim on anything when you are introduced from the bench in most of your appearances. It's not like our darling new CF who gets plenty of airtime & supply of chances to run around allowing us to determine what he is at this stage of his career. Interesting the manager took Moses off yet again when he seemed to refuse to take on the Arsenal left back. I am sure I dont have to remind anyone who did just that when he was introduced and set up Alonso.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer window:

By the end of this window we will be able to determine if our manager will still be with us next season. From what I have been told and read, the clever money is on him being elsewhere next season, which inturn would lead us to believe the window will not be as fruitful as we may hope. I have already stated I would like us to get Luke Shaw and I would like us to get at least 2 more forwards, preferably forwards with 2 feet.

Willian - 21 goals since he joined? 

Salah has done more than that in 6 months :rofl:

Yup. It's The tactics. It's the tactics (even though in our system, our wide players are technically inside forwards) that makes Willian absolutely brain dead and toothless in the final third. The same way he is for Brasil. 

Jesus wept. 

Edited by Cicero