talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

Even though they play similar roles, both Salah and Willian are totally different players in the way they naturally interpret the game.  Willian is a more involved player with the build up of the game. He wants to feel a part of the mechanics of the build up and if he gets a chance of a shot on goal then obviously he's gonna take it.

Salah on the other hand is a more direct approach player.  He gets the ball and his objective is to individually cause havoc and always with the intention of getting a shot on goal.  Hence his better goal statistics...

20 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Yup. It's The tactics. It's the tactics (even though in our system, our wide players are technically inside forwards) that makes Willian absolutely brain dead and toothless in the final third. The same way he is for Brasil. 

Jesus wept. 

Well the previous manager had him running backwards for most of the games he played under him. This manager does not play him anywhere near as often.

Not my fault if you cant accept that truth.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Even though they play similar roles, both Salah and Willian are totally different players in the way they naturally interpret the game.  Willian is a more involved player with the build up of the game. He wants to feel a part of the mechanics of the build up and if he gets a chance of a shot on goal then obviously he's gonna take it.

Salah on the other hand is a more direct approach player.  He gets the ball and his objective is to individually cause havoc and always with the intention of getting a shot on goal.  Hence his better goal statistics...

Salah is having a career season, an absolute revelation to the player we knew at Chelsea and does make you wonder which club he will be at next season.

Just now, The Liquidator said:

Salah is having a career season, an absolute revelation to the player we knew at Chelsea and does make you wonder which club he will be at next season.

Not for me... In my view he's simply being played in a system that gets the most out of what he's good at.  Liverpool are a very direct side with players running at their rival while driving the ball forward.  Conte's approach as was Mourinho's (although with different emphasis) is a more tempered football of calculating the moments and the way in which an attack should commit more men going forward to accompany.  Liverpool's football is frenetic and for all of Salah's good goal scoring stats, the downside to that type of play is leaving yourself open to countering a weakened midfield and defence due to the commitment they've made.  Salah was never going to be the type of player Chelsea needed... He was signed on a reasoning based on what he was doing elsewhere and not what the team needed.  The same with Cuadrado.

7 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Well the previous manager had him running backwards for most of the games he played under him. This manager does not play him anywhere near as often.

Not my fault if you cant accept that truth.

Again, what does that have to do with a player literally becoming clueless in the final third with a combination of poor finishing? Averaging 4 league goals a season since he's been here. 3 seasons of which he's been a starter. 

You can spout shite like it's down to the tactics, but even at Shaktar he's had poor output and even at Brazil, one of the most attacking and free flowing national sides, he Looks utterly average compared to Neymar, Coutinho, Jesus, etc. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Again, what does that have to do with a player literally becoming clueless in the final third with a combination of poor finishing? Averaging 4 league goals a season since he's been here. 3 seasons of which he's been a starter. 

You can spout shite like it's down to the tactics, but even at Shaktar he's had poor output and even at Brazil, one of the most attacking and free flowing national sides, he Looks utterly average compared to Neymar, Coutinho, Jesus, etc. 

Haha, why not Ronaldo and Messi... That will make your point have strength   :whistling:

43 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Okay the Barkley rumors are becoming too loud for my liking, as he has only 6 months in his contract it is suggested that we could sign him for 15 mill. Fun fact we have Ruben out on loan who is younger and isn't far behind in quality.

They just got a bit louder mate... breaking news this morning that its a done deal... 

Edited by Bluewolf

Chelsea Football Club has today completed the signing of Ross Barkley from Everton.

The 24-year-old has signed a five-and-a-half-year contract and will wear the number 8 shirt.

Upon signing for the Premier League champions, Barkley said: ‘I'm overwhelmed, I'm looking forward to it and I'm really excited to get started.

‘To be given a fresh start at a new club like Chelsea, it's unbelievable for me. I'm looking forward to continuing where I left off at the end of last season and hoping to improve and add more goals to my game.’

Club director Marina Granovskaia added: ‘Ross is a player we have long admired and are certain he will prove to be an important player for Chelsea. He possesses outstanding technical and physical attributes, matched with good experience of the Premier League and a strong desire to succeed at the highest level. We welcome him to the club and look forward to seeing him in action.’

Barkley arrives with a wealth of experience for a player so young, having already made 150 Premier League appearances for Everton, as well as being named in England squads for both the World Cup and European Championships.

His versatility ensures he can play just behind the striker, in a deeper midfield role or in an advanced wide position, with his ability to get on the ball and create chances one of the player’s biggest strengths.

A hamstring injury at the beginning of the current campaign has kept him out since August, which means he is eligible to play for the Blues in all four competitions.

https://twitter.com/ChelseaFC/status/949328829608353794DSyw8bnX4AEddNj.jpg

Edited by Cicero

I was at the game last night unlike half of our first team squad. I think the decision to leave most of the "Names" in our squad at home while the plebs, at least thats probably how they felt about themselves took on a very average Championship side. Outside of William, who in my own opinion was trying, maybe add Pedro too, I felt the players were not giving 100%. I honestly feel our manager made a huge mistake and will have probably lost more minds (Although, I truly get the feeling he does not rate well over half of our squad) with one decision than he has at any other time during his time in charge.

We were garbage on the pitch, pretty much going through the motions leading to another fixture. Antonio, why bother?

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Christensen has signed a new four and a half year deal with the club. 

Fantastic news. Now to get Hazard and Courtois tied down. 

tied down to Real?