talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

51 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Rudiger has done well yes but I feel he can improve at the same time, needs to work on his concentration. It doesn't help (as Liquidator points out) that he gets shifted about the back line but I think he was bought with that purpose in mind. We can be relatively happy with him though.

I 'm sorry but I refuse to be sold on this man, article written about him today:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/chelsea-marcos-alonso-2017-18-newcastle-fa-cup-a8182926.html

The article makes the right point with regards to the system suiting him etc but this:

Myth 1: He's quite good in and around the opponent's box but it's his purpose within the system to do that, it's following strict tactical instructions from Conte. I can't take anything away from his finishing but why doesn't Moses get these goal scoring opportunities on the other side? Because we don't get any crosses in from Alonso's side. There's little productivity there in terms of attacking play.

Myth 2: He doesn't defend crosses well.

Myth 3: He never gets in crosses! Everything is inside or backwards, he rarely whips the ball around a defender or creates the space for that to happen. He looks for the pass inside all the time, he's very limited in that regard, his body is facing inside to the midfield a lot of the game.

As for Moses on the other side, he's becoming very predictable, can't remember the last time he actually beat a player, looks lacking in confidence in that regard. It was striking the other night when Iwobi had him in his pocket. I'm getting a bit tired of Moses running at a player only for it to result in him being dispossessed, would give Zappacosta more of a run in the team for the sheer reason that it's something different.

And I've always liked Batshuayi to be honest, I rate him.

If Cicero is right and Emerson Palmeri is on his way before the window, you will get your wish with Alonso being tested by a more mobile wing back.

Hazard's agent has been in touch with us, Hazard wants to move to City  ..does he have a release clause? ..would he even get in the team?  ..we turned Hazard away last time when he said he was joining a Manchester club due to wage and agent fee demands, is he ready to take a pay cut?

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

Hazard's agent has been in touch with us, Hazard wants to move to City  ..does he have a release clause? ..would he even get in the team?  ..we turned Hazard away last time when he said he was joining a Manchester club due to wage and agent fee demands, is he ready to take a pay cut?

Don’t even tease mate, the meltdown would be just too much xD

5 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

yawning-smiley-face.png.77444b88c090828215854609c780e530.png

I must remember to dumb down when seeing ANYTHING Happy posts   :dam:

3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Don’t even tease mate, the meltdown would be just too much xD

xD  ...but this is real mate, Hazard is desperate for a move to us, think Pep might go after Mahrez though as Hazard would only play when Sane gets injured and wants silly wages again no doubt 

On 30/01/2018 at 02:52, Cicero said:

Wasn't a 3-0 performance at all in my opinion, thought we still looked shaky. Drinkwater had a mare and Batshuayi got 2 of the luckiest goals in his career. Alonso will yet again make the headlines with his FK even though he's been a liability for going on 12 months now. 

On a plus, Ampadu has a ridiculous passing range and Batshuayi looks to be a confidence performing player, as in the 2nd half he looked a different player in general. Need to push towards his loan move and be at a club where he can play regularly. 

I want to see Hudson Oddoi get more minutes, as he reminds me of Musonda. 

Did anyone score a PK? Was the FK the main threat from SP's? How are your TI's? 

Domino effect best to describe our current situation.  

Whole bunch of mistakes have been made by the board and Conte, but more so the former as day one into the season, we were not prepared. Buying Injured players, buying average players, and not having the squad ready on match days are just a few of the numerous bad decisions we have made this season. Not having the funds is no longer an excuses. 

The board's handling of transfers have blatantly effected Conte. Just look at him. Tired and disinterested due to his lack of power. Whereas that mentality is reflecting on our players. 

7 minutes ago, True Blue said:

The only player that looked half arsed was Hudson Odoi who came on for the final 25 minutes, probably our best player in the game. 

Yeah, he actually looks arsed. 

Thing is, replacing managers shouldn't be something to be seen as a revamp or a refresh for the club. If we have the same board continuing on with the same transfer methods, there won't be any progression or stability. Especially for our youth players. 

Edited by Cicero

Just now, Cicero said:

Yeah, he actually looks arsed. 

Thing is, replacing managers shouldn't be something to be seen as a revamp or a refresh for the club. If we have the same board contiuning on with the same operations plan in transfers, there won't be any progression or stability. 

Been saying it since day one, however we tend to bring the best out of each managers get what we want and move onto the next. Don't see it changing much under Roman, who after all these years won't just walk or sell.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

The soundbites around Europe’s press are that Conte will walk in the summer. If this is the case, who would you want?

It looks as if Zidane will be jobless and probably Unai Emery if they don’t win the Champions League. 

Marina so she can sack herself.

9 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The soundbites around Europe’s press are that Conte will walk in the summer. If this is the case, who would you want?

It looks as if Zidane will be jobless and probably Unai Emery if they don’t win the Champions League. 

Literally won't matter mate. 

Manager appointed

Miraculously win a trophy. 

Following season, Not fulfill manager needs and restrict him of power.

Get rid of youth players and spend shit loads on average players. 

Wonder why everything went wrong and blame the manager. 

Sack the manager and repeat. 

Finally watched the game back.

Have to say full credit to Bournemouth, a long with Man City earlier this season, the best team I've seen tactically here in a long time. They used their extra rest well and took full of advantage of the energy, man on man high press, one forward for each of our centre backs, two men for Kante and Bakayoko. Pressing traps were constant, the images below are in and around the period where they score their second and third goals but they did it for the whole game until the last twenty minutes where they sat off and saw out the game and interestingly that is when we also had our best spell. We like the comfort of being able to transition into midfield, we like to be comfortable in that regard, Conte builds his teams from this basis and all Bournemouth did was kill us at source. Out of the back five I'd say only Christensen has the ability to play under pressure, Rudiger and Azpi are OK but short of the top players in that department. We were forced to kick long on many occasion and who to? Hazard? Pedro? Only a matter of time before we conceded. I was very impressed with Bournemouth when they came here to last season. As early as a few weeks after the famous formation change last season I always feared what would happen if team's high pressed us and conducted it in such a way like Bournemouth did on Wednesday, what would be our answer? Our we good enough to play out of it? No. Do we have other alternatives? At the moment no.

Bournemouth's high pressing game.

sF0R0MG.jpg

cDVfQLr.jpg

880t2HS.jpg

naGr4ec.jpg

On 2/1/2018 at 09:19, SirBalon said:

I'd take Unai over the Algerian tbqh. He has exp with teams in the watercloset

6 hours ago, Spike said:

I'd take Unai over the Algerian tbqh. He has exp with teams in the watercloset

The latest rumours are Luis Enrique.

Who knows, Conte may yet stay at Chelsea because it sounds more like he will want to leave than anything concerning the sack.

Conte to extend stay by 3 years?

The guy has spun around like the old Battling Tops game from the 70's in the last week ~ I have to say, I quite admire what he has done, however, while he has openly put the ball in the owners side of the court, it's unlikely he would change their mind on him. I am still of the mind he should be moved on. I am not sure who he would talk to at the club on a extension, I am told he has spoken to Marina since before Christmas.

Anyone agree with his claim we would just need 3 world class signings to compete for the title next season?

10 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

Finally watched the game back.

Have to say full credit to Bournemouth, a long with Man City earlier this season, the best team I've seen tactically here in a long time. They used their extra rest well and took full of advantage of the energy, man on man high press, one forward for each of our centre backs, two men for Kante and Bakayoko. Pressing traps were constant, the images below are in and around the period where they score their second and third goals but they did it for the whole game until the last twenty minutes where they sat off and saw out the game and interestingly that is when we also had our best spell. We like the comfort of being able to transition into midfield, we like to be comfortable in that regard, Conte builds his teams from this basis and all Bournemouth did was kill us at source. Out of the back five I'd say only Christensen has the ability to play under pressure, Rudiger and Azpi are OK but short of the top players in that department. We were forced to kick long on many occasion and who to? Hazard? Pedro? Only a matter of time before we conceded. I was very impressed with Bournemouth when they came here to last season. As early as a few weeks after the famous formation change last season I always feared what would happen if team's high pressed us and conducted it in such a way like Bournemouth did on Wednesday, what would be our answer? Our we good enough to play out of it? No. Do we have other alternatives? At the moment no.

Bournemouth's high pressing game.

I agree. I felt we were outplayed outcoached and for sure out scored with a tinge of embarrassment.

In games where team set up like this in the past we always had Drogba to move the ball up too, latterly Costa. It was painful watching Hazard trying to move under balls he was far too short for, yet the manager failed to do anything about it.