talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

You really shouldn’t judge a player on what he’s won, it’s the most fatal mistake ever. 

Do you think Igar Biscan was a better player than Maldini when we lifted Ole Big Ears in 2005? 

Or that Milan Baros was was better than Shevchenko? 

It really is a silly argument. 

Suppose Drinkwater is better than Gerrard because he won a Premiere League Title? 

Absolutely correct on the last one. 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Cicero said:

This is such a complete asanine argument/theory that is still baffles me people still bring it up. It's coming to being borderline retarded. 

When has Hazard ever been influential as the likes Kane, Salah, and De Bruyne? I don't know, maybe when he won us the league? Twice?

In 2015, literally every player bar Azpilicueta decided to go missing towards the 2nd half of that season. Hazard was the only consistent player throughout. Scoring or assisting against every top 6 club home and away. Never have I seen a player carry a bunch of useless bellends that 2nd half of the season, and  Hazard was rightly awarded the player of the season. 

2017 was the same deal. Hazard scored against every top 6 club that calender year, and was the only consistent spark once more whilst Costa decided to be a twat and asked to go to China. 

It honestly is a comedy piece when you compare Hazard to the likes of Salah and DeBruyne, who are currently having their first influential season in the premier league. Not only that, but the sheer fact you are comparing two players who play in an attacking system under an attacking coach, in a free fucking role. Surrounded by quality attacking players. 

Hazard has worked under two defensive minded managers, never had the luxury of working in an attacking system nor the players Salah and DeBruyne work with, yet Hazard's overall stats still make him the best in the premier league.  The audacity to rate him lower than Salah and KDB truly is beyond laughable. Can't be seeing part of an elite team when he has been Real Madrid's number 1 target going on a few years now 

Probably your best ever post ~ Outstanding!

Just to add a little.

Hazard continues to be the best player currently playing in the EPL because he can do things nobody else currently playing in this country can.

The examples of players put forward as possible better have all done some things we have seen Hazard do in the past. I am yet to see any of those players get anywhere close to the body of work Hazard has produced in a Chelsea shirt.

Granted if our manager continues to play him as a CF, (False Nine is a name given to a player who cant fucking play as a CF) then his worth to our club will only go downwards as far as a fee for him.

Hazard has been a great player for us and I for one would not begrudge him a move to Spain if it were to come to fruition.

FOOTNOTE:

Just watching Liverpool Youth Play Man Utd youth in the UEFA youth league, under 18 level.

I watch alot of youth football on Chelsea TV and feel watching the two above teams that our under 16's would give them more than a good game.

How times have changed.

11 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Just to add a little.

Hazard continues to be the best player currently playing in the EPL because he can do things nobody else currently playing in this country can.

The examples of players put forward as possible better have all done some things we have seen Hazard do in the past. I am yet to see any of those players get anywhere close to the body of work Hazard has produced in a Chelsea shirt.

Granted if our manager continues to play him as a CF, (False Nine is a name given to a player who cant fucking play as a CF) then his worth to our club will only go downwards as far as a fee for him.

Hazard has been a great player for us and I for one would not begrudge him a move to Spain if it were to come to fruition.

FOOTNOTE:

Just watching Liverpool Youth Play Man Utd youth in the UEFA youth league, under 18 level.

I watch alot of youth football on Chelsea TV and feel watching the two above teams that our under 16's would give them more than a good game.

How times have changed.

Chelsea’s youth teams are full to the brim of players they’ve cherry picked from across Europe with the one intention of loaning them out and then flogging them to cover the costs of a first team purchase. 

None of them, no matter how good, will ever play consistently for Chelsea’s first team. 

How times have changed :ay:

As my fellow Chelsea fans who frequent this thread know I defend William and I am one of the few Chelsea fans who have done since he arrived via Tottenham medical table a few seasons ago.

To say he can be rather "Marmite" is an understatement, but more than a few Chelsea fans are starting to see his importance to the team.

He is playing as well as he has ever done for us just now and I hope he continues as it would be nice if a few more Chelsea fans come over to our side of the Marmite!

-----------------------------------------------------

It's very important the fans get behind Christensen over the next few games. The media, while not all pointing a finger at him as the reason Barca got anything out of the game, have done enough to make him feel as uncomfortable as you would expect. The manager defended him after the game and spoke glowingly of his contribution this season. I very much liked that and hope everyone supports the kid. He obviously has a wonderful upside, one we hope to come to fruition with us.

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Chelsea’s youth teams are full to the brim of players they’ve cherry picked from across Europe with the one intention of loaning them out and then flogging them to cover the costs of a first team purchase. 

None of them, no matter how good, will ever play consistently for Chelsea’s first team. 

How times have changed :ay:

Knew you would Bite ~ Your too easy :ay:

• Haha 1

I like Conte.

Reporter asks him if he regrets not starting Cahill with all of his experience. Conte:  "No, no, no, no, absolutely not, no no no no."

Which is the right response. Cahill's way past his best... and his best wasn't ever as good as you'd expect from a club like Chelsea.

• Upvote 1

Opinions are what make football! Good reading this thread.

I don't rate Willian highly (as you lot know on here) especially for a club wanting to be one of the best in Europe but recently is arguably the best we've seen from him in his Chelsea career.

And Hazard is amazing.

Edited by carefreeluke

11 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I like Conte.

Reporter asks him if he regrets not starting Cahill with all of his experience. Conte:  "No, no, no, no, absolutely not, no no no no."

Which is the right response. Cahill's way past his best... and his best wasn't ever as good as you'd expect from a club like Chelsea.

Agreed but he did more than good enough for us over the years and had some fantastic performances. Won every trophy he could, i bet he didn't think he would have a career like this in his wildest dreams.

I'm desperate to see a technical player in the centre of our midfield, Fabregas although very useful if managed correctly isn't someone you can rely on every week, every game, in every competition. Half a season man.

Would love a technical player with mobility or at least someone who's comfortable on the ball, there's many from Spain we could get and probably for a decent price as well.

5 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

I'm desperate to see a technical player in the centre of our midfield, Fabregas although very useful if managed correctly isn't someone you can rely on every week, every game, in every competition. Half a season man.

Would love a technical player with mobility or at least someone who's comfortable on the ball, there's many from Spain we could get and probably for a decent price as well.

You're such a boring side to watch, not sure if it's because of the dimensions at Stamford Bridge but then again Highbury never held Arsenal back. You could do with a flair player or two

Well thats two games against very average sides who used to be fodder for us who we have taken the lead against only to fold up and allow them to get wins over the very recent performances.

Leading at the new Highbury and pretty much dominating United on their own patch early on, we have managed to lose both games with lack luster 2nd half performances.

Lets face the facts, United are miles from being a genuine title contender and Arsenal are probably further away, yet we could not put either away, so what does that make us?

Why?

Well it does not help when our manager starts the wrong players.

I always say any player signed from abroad gets the first season, anyone from here gets 6 months.... so anything they do well during that time period is all good and you hope they learn quickly during that time so by the back end, we can see there is better performances ahead.

Morata is not learning and at the time of writing I am of the opinion we need to be looking to get our money back n spend it elsewhere more wisely.

God he was shit. Pathetic.

I am sure like the rest of you I could write plenty on other players who need replacing, but at least Willian is playing at the best standard he has since signing.

If there is any whisper or hint that Florenzi wants out, we need to be splashing everything on him. 

Ridiculous in our system that is heavily dependent on Wing backs, we proceed into the season with only Zappacosta as back up and no upgrades. We deserve to be where we are. 

I am starting to like Willian in this more deeper role. If this lad just proved me wrong and remained consistent, I will gladly eat some humble pie. 

Give Morata a full season, and a fucking gym membership. 

31 minutes ago, Danny said:

100% if your wing backs were better you'd be better, Moses ain't good enough.

Whats happening with Roman, not bankrolling the transfer funds for you anymore? You seem to be a bit more frugal these days

I don't mind the lack of big transfers, but we spent 40 mill on Bakayoko, 35 mill on Drinkwater, 58 mill on Morata, 23 on Zappa and none of them came even close to repaying the high fee's. Apart from Rudiger who i felt was excellent in all of his games apart from Roma away earlier in the season. Oh and Caballero who came on free and is a very good back up keeper.

The big games have genuinely all gone one way this season, Arsenal Carabao cup, Barcelona and Man United. Start off on the front foot in these games, then sit back and we lose, the game management has been very poor. We get in this strange state when we sit back though, we just get too passive and lose our intensity. The opposition put their foot on the gas and up the intensity while we seem to lay off the pedal and coast.

Starting with the subs. Against Arsenal Xhaka scores 60 minutes to make it 2-1 to Arsenal, Conte only reacts 5 minutes after on 65 to bring on Batshuayi, then 7 minutes later to bring on Zappacosta. Technically he lost a sub early in this game because of the injury to Willian.

Barca, Messi scores 75. Takes Conte until the 85th minute to bring on Morata and Drinkwater.

Man United. Lingard scores 75 (interestingly the exact same time as Messi did). Pedro has come on just before this goal, Conte then reacts to the goal in the last 10 minutes and brings on two very attacking subs in Giroud and Cesc. Lingard was also the sub Mourinho brought on.

Being reactive rather than proactive in my eyes, in all these games we needed fresh impetus from somewhere, subs could have been an avenue in which we could of done that. I'm a big believer in bringing on an attacking sub when leading as well as it gives a positive message to the team. As soon as Willian scores against Barcelona, Giroud should come on in my eyes.

Interestingly after the game on Sunday Conte hinted (I don't know if anyone saw this) that it was important to have balance in the team which he said it in a way which looked like this was one of the reasons why Hazard came off.

Edited by carefreeluke

8 hours ago, Danny said:

100% if your wing backs were better you'd be better, Moses ain't good enough.

Whats happening with Roman, not bankrolling the transfer funds for you anymore? You seem to be a bit more frugal these days

Well and truly is mind boggeling how everyone could see this problem in the summer, but not our board. 

Given the title win, transfers and Nike sponsorship, we had 200 million to spend without Roman's influence. During last summers' transfer activity, when you compare our board's strategy to Man City's, it just makes you scratch your head. Especially as a Chelsea fan. 

Both us and City needed wingback upgrades last summer. City  had ageing wingbacks and we have a system where we are highly dependent on them. Alonso and Moses clearly had limitations, and for a club competing on all fronts, it was evident that they should at best be used for rotation. 

City bought Walker, Mendy, and Danilo in late July early August. 

We bought Zappacosta. On deadline day...

Like I said, the board is highly responsible for the outcome of this season well before Conte. The excuse that we don't have that much funds shouldn't be a factor when we've spent a combined total of nearly 130 million on bang average players. 

2010, 2015, and now 2017,  we've just acted very strange in the transfer market after a title win. 

Edited by Cicero