talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

I don't think we are going to come out of this well tonight... Can't see us being able to stop them scoring and by the same token not sure where we are going to be finding a goal from.. A clean sheet would be an absolute must if we would be hoping to go through and not sure we are going to be good enough at the back to stop them.. 

Just our luck that after all the other good performances put in so far by everyone else we will be the ones to drop a bollock... 

3 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

HAHA ~ Have you seen the team?

Question, which one of our players will be sent off so Barca get their helping hand? It's as thou Cüneyt Çakir has been hand picked.

I hope I am wrong, but after seeing the team he has picked, I have a VERY bad feeling about this.

We shall see.

I feel we wasted our best player tonight. I fully understand the set up of the team as a defensive unit, but if you are going to do that you must have a player up front who can hold the ball. Dopey Linekar is calling it a brilliant game plan that just failed. I call it playing our best player facing the wrong way, exactly what Barca would have hoped.

Sorry for young Christensen. Obviously lots to like about him, but he got us burned tonight.

Edited by The Liquidator
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Not his best day. Definitely a learning experience for him. 

Still all to play for and hope we actually start with a striker. 

Hazard and Willian will love the Nou Camp given the amount of space it provides. 

I thought Willian should never pull on a Chelsea shirt ever again? 

Is he in the good books again now? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I thought Willian should never pull on a Chelsea shirt ever again? 

Is he in the good books again now? :ph34r:

Christ, Not this again. I said he and Alonso aren't good enough to start for us. And I stand by that claim. 

Willian is horribly inconsistent, and i wouldnt be surprised if after tonight he' s back to his usual brainless self for the next several weeks. Also, it' not like we have Pedro in firing form this season. 

About 5 good games in 30 for Willian, a spell of good games doesn’t make up for the rest where he’s been shite. First goal he’s ever scored in the knockout stages as well. I’m happy to see him improve though and currently it’s the best I can ever remember him being but it’s stuff like where he should have played in Kante in the second half that will always let him down. One thing for sure though, is that he’d look a lot better playing for someone like Liverpool or Man City, as would Pedro, as would Hazard. Willian’s a good squad player at best.

Another example, I for one can count the amount of games on one hand where Alonso has played well and people will often point to the goals against Spurs, Southampton, Arsenal for example. But what about the other 50 games?

Haha the blue TFF mob aren't Willian fans but i am. He puts a shift on, agreed that he isn't crucial for us and that he often has poor games. Then again Hazard can be shit for months no one is pointing fingers because he is "World Class". Alonso has been shit since forever, both him and Moses were shit last night. Zappacosta isn't the best player you've seen but brings something in the game apart from running. In the summer if Conte stays the top priorities must be wing backs.

Edited by True Blue

4 hours ago, True Blue said:

Haha the blue TFF mob aren't Willian fans but i am. He puts a shift on, agreed that he isn't crucial for us and that he often has poor games. Then again Hazard can be shit for months no one is pointing fingers because he is "World Class". Alonso has been shit since forever, both him and Moses were shit last night. Zappacosta isn't the best player you've seen but brings something in the game apart from running. In the summer if Conte stays the top priorities must be wing backs.

Emerson and Alonso I am happy with. Both have their strengths. 

Moses and Zappacosta are not good enough. It's either one or the other that stays and a big upgrade is brought in. 

The only times Hazard has been shit this season, is when he is forced to play target man as a false 9.  

That is hardly true, name me three games he was crucial for us this season. He improved with the start of the 2018 then i repeat never near the heights of the players he is compared to.

For example he was terrible yesterday, i will credit him for playing the false nine and couldn't do much. Let's see how he does against both Manchester's.

I’d like to step in here and just ask the question... When has Hazard EVER been as influential to Chelsea as the likes of Kane, Salah, De Bruyne,? Or even players like Mane, Silva, Aguero are to their respective clubs?

Hes such a ‘in and out of form’ player that I can’t see him ever being part of one of the elite teams currently. 

He’s a great player on his day but those days are few and far between. The truly great players do it game in, game out, season after season. 

6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I’d like to step in here and just ask the question... When has Hazard EVER been as influential to Chelsea as the likes of Kane, Salah, De Bruyne,? Or even players like Mane, Silva, Aguero are to their respective clubs?

Hes such a ‘in and out of form’ player that I can’t see him ever being part of one of the elite teams currently. 

He’s a great player on his day but those days are few and far between. The truly great players do it game in, game out, season after season. 

When they won the league. 

21 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

This is such a complete asanine argument/theory that is still baffles me people still bring it up. It's coming to being borderline retarded. 

When has Hazard ever been influential as the likes Kane, Salah, and De Bruyne? I don't know, maybe when he won us the league? Twice?

In 2015, literally every player bar Azpilicueta decided to go missing towards the 2nd half of that season. Hazard was the only consistent player throughout. Scoring or assisting against every top 6 club home and away. Never have I seen a player carry a bunch of useless bellends that 2nd half of the season, and  Hazard was rightly awarded the player of the season. 

2017 was the same deal. Hazard scored against every top 6 club that calender year, and was the only consistent spark once more whilst Costa decided to be a twat and asked to go to China. 

It honestly is a comedy piece when you compare Hazard to the likes of Salah and DeBruyne, who are currently having their first influential season in the premier league. Not only that, but the sheer fact you are comparing two players who play in an attacking system under an attacking coach, in a free fucking role. Surrounded by quality attacking players. 

Hazard has worked under two defensive minded managers, never had the luxury of working in an attacking system nor the players Salah and DeBruyne work with, yet Hazard's overall stats still make him the best in the premier league.  The audacity to rate him lower than Salah and KDB truly is beyond laughable. Can't be seeing part of an elite team when he has been Real Madrid's number 1 target going on a few years now 

Edited by Cicero
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

I don’t recall him doing it on his own? 

My point is that Hazard is too inconsistent to be considered a top top player that’s all. Excellent on his day though. 

2014-15 he was unreal. Think he won most of the individual awards that year as well. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

This is such a complete asanine argument/theory that is still baffles me people still bring it up. It's coming to being borderline retarded. 

When has Hazard ever been influential as the likes Kane, Salah, and De Bruyne? I don't know, maybe when he won us the league? Twice?

In 2015, literally every player bar Azpilicueta decided to go missing towards the 2nd half of that season. Hazard was the only consistent player throughout. Scoring or assisting against every top 6 club home and away. Never have I seen a player carry a bunch of useless bellends that 2nd half of the season, and  Hazard was rightly awarded the player of the season. 

2017 was the same deal. Hazard scored against every top 6 club that calender year, and was the only consistent spark once more whilst Costa decided to be a twat and asked to go to China. 

It honestly is a comedy piece when you compare Hazard to the likes of Salah and DeBruyne, who are currently having their first influential season in the premier league. Not only that, but the sheer fact you are comparing two players who play in an attacking system under an attacking coach, in a free fucking role. Surrounded by quality attacking players. 

Hazard has worked under two defensive minded managers, never had the luxury of working in an attacking system nor the players Salah and DeBruyne work with, yet Hazard's overall stats still make him the best in the premier league.  The audacity to rate him lower than Salah and KDB well and truly is beyond laughable. Can't be seeing part of an elite team when he has been Real Madrid's number 1 target going on a few years now 

So he’s been good in 2015 and 2017 then :ph34r:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Honestly, a part of me whishes Hazard goes to Real just to shut MadLad up xD

I don’t! because when he falls off a cliff for a season like he usually does then everything is fine and dandy xD

Its like our lass saying to me “you are fucking wank in bed”

My response.... “Yeah but remember how I made u squeele in 2012 and 2014” :D

Edited by LFCMadLad

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Great that but he’s been at Chelsea about 6 years. 

As I said, he’s a great player, but far too often does he down tools to be considered elite. 

But you clearly said "EVER" in a way that you were insinuating that he's never been influential, yet he has been...in a title winning side. 

• Upvote 1

Great that but he’s been at Chelsea about 6 years. 

As I said, he’s a great player, but far too often does he down tools to be considered elite. 

Maybe he is getting sick of carrying the team and playing under defensive minded coaches? 

I don’t! because when he falls off a cliff for a season like he usually does then everything is fine and dandy xD

He would piss La Liga and you know it 

Just now, Cicero said:

Maybe he is getting sick of carrying the team and playing under defensive minded coaches? 

He would piss La Liga and you know it 

Anyone can piss La Liga, it’s a shit league where everyone goes to lap up the sun and improve their stats! 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, HK85 said:

But you clearly said "EVER" in a way that you were insinuating that he's never been influential, yet he has been...in a title winning side. 

Salah in his first season at Liverpool has totally destroyed any decent stats Hazard has produced throughout his time at Chelsea :D

Mane wasn’t far off either and Firmino will probably top it this season. 

Edited by LFCMadLad

10 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Salah in his first season at Liverpool has totally destroyed any decent stats Hazard has produced throughout his time at Chelsea :D

Mane wasn’t far off either and Firmino will probably top it this season. 

And yet Salah's stats won't contribute to a title winning side. 

Niasse has more PL goals this season than Mane ffs, leave him out this conversation. 

Just now, HK85 said:

And yet Salah's stats won't contribute to a title winning side. 

Niasse has more PL goals this season than Mane ffs, leave him out this conversation. 

You really shouldn’t judge a player on what he’s won, it’s the most fatal mistake ever. 

Do you think Igar Biscan was a better player than Maldini when we lifted Ole Big Ears in 2005? 

Or that Milan Baros was was better than Shevchenko? 

It really is a silly argument. 

Suppose Drinkwater is better than Gerrard because he won a Premiere League Title?