talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

You could play Salah anywhere in a front 3 or even No10 and he’d still be as effective. Even when he’s having an off day he still causes havoc. 

Cant say the same about Hazard. 

Okay this was a couple of years ago but Chelsea did play Salah (obviously not enough) across a front three numerous times and he obviously didn't cause havoc.

I'm not denying that Salah is world class and he's putting together one of the best seasons we've seen from any current player, but it's still one season. I know he did well at Roma too but not to the extent that he was being talked about as one of the top 5 players in the world otherwise he wouldn't have ended up at Liverpool. Look at Mahrez for example, best player in the league for one season then he went back to being "just" a quality player who would still get into most sides in world football but isn't a contender for the Ballon D'Or or anything like that. Not taking anything away from Salah but let's see him keep this up for more than six months before concluding that he is a better player overall than Eden Hazard who has his dips but still has on his CV that he was a key player in multiple title winning sides.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Okay this was a couple of years ago but Chelsea did play Salah (obviously not enough) across a front three numerous times and he obviously didn't cause havoc.

I'm not denying that Salah is world class and he's putting together one of the best seasons we've seen from any current player, but it's still one season. I know he did well at Roma too but not to the extent that he was being talked about as one of the top 5 players in the world otherwise he wouldn't have ended up at Liverpool. Look at Mahrez for example, best player in the league for one season then he went back to being "just" a quality player who would still get into most sides in world football but isn't a contender for the Ballon D'Or or anything like that. Not taking anything away from Salah but let's see him keep this up for more than six months before concluding that he is a better player overall than Eden Hazard who has his dips but still has on his CV that he was a key player in multiple title winning sides.

Ok, I’m willing to re-visit this discussion in a few seasons to see how Salah is getting in. 

Hes a monster, an absolute beast and will no doubt be playing for one of the big powerhouse clubs within 2 years. 

Hazard however will probably still be plodding along at Chelsea having spells of being great and spells of being invisible. 

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Ok, I’m willing to re-visit this discussion in a few seasons to see how Salah is getting in. 

Hes a monster, an absolute beast and will no doubt be playing for one of the big powerhouse clubs within 2 years. 

Hazard however will probably still be plodding along at Chelsea having spells of being great and spells of being invisible. 

I'm not saying you'll be wrong at all, just that the evidence isn't there to say you're definitely right.

22 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm not saying you'll be wrong at all, just that the evidence isn't there to say you're definitely right.

Of course, as with all talent rating within football, it’s only a matter of opinion. 

Mine can be simply put by saying that if it come out tomorrow that we had swapped Salah for Hazard.... I’d not be a happy man and I dare say Spurs fans would say the same if it was Kane and likewise City fans if it was KDB. 

Thats not to say though that I wouldn’t be over the moon if we signed Hazard on a totally separate deal. He’s a wonderful player on his day and I think under Klopp he could possibly go up another level and become elite. As things stand though I just think he’s way too inconsistent to be considered world class. 

Edited by LFCMadLad

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Hazard wouldn't take the step down anyway. He's Real bound. 

Of course he wouldn’t (not that Liverpool is a step down from Chelsea, more of a sideway step). I was just talking theoretically. I think Hazard working within a Klopp system would be scary.  

Edited by LFCMadLad

Gentlemen, much thanks for taking a interest in this subject matter of Hazard against the rest.

When evaluating a player it's important to decide if they can do at least the same as each other. The players some of you are putting forward are having career seasons, a level they have never reached before. What we are seeing them produce has already been shown by Hazard, however, there is plenty Hazard has produced in a Chelsea shirt that your offerings, at the time of writing, have not shown us they can do. For me, that rules them out, at this time, being considered as the best in our league. What your offerings can be accused of is being the most inform players and I am sure that will bare evidence in player of the season polls.

Body of work against best current form ~ its the difference between understanding football & football opinion lead by shortsightedness.

2 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Gentlemen, much thanks for taking a interest in this subject matter of Hazard against the rest.

When evaluating a player it's important to decide if they can do at least the same as each other. The players some of you are putting forward are having career seasons, a level they have never reached before. What we are seeing them produce has already been shown by Hazard, however, there is plenty Hazard has produced in a Chelsea shirt that your offerings, at the time of writing, have not shown us they can do. For me, that rules them out, at this time, being considered as the best in our league. What your offerings can be accused of is being the most inform players and I am sure that will bare evidence in player of the season polls.

Body of work against best current form ~ its the difference between understanding football & football opinion lead by shortsightedness.

Salah and Hazard play in very similar positions (wide forward) and not once has Hazard posted the numbers Salah has already posted in his very first season at Liverpool, not even close. 

I wouldn’t swap Salah for Hazard, not a chance. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Salah and Hazard play in very similar positions (wide forward) and not once has Hazard posted the numbers Salah has already posted in his very first season at Liverpool, not even close. 

I wouldn’t swap Salah for Hazard, not a chance. 

Yet you continue to ignore the variables as to why that is. Variables that are pretty significant. 

Hazard's contributions lead to titles. I'm sure Liverpool will always remember and cherish Salah's golden boot award for 2018.

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Yet you continue to ignore the variables as to why that is. Variables that are pretty significant. 

Hazard's contributions lead to titles. I'm sure Liverpool will always remember and cherish Salah's golden boot award for 2018.

While I agree with you on Hazard you're contradicting yourself re: variables. Like Hazard doesn't have the opportunity at Chelsea to post Salah's numbers, Salah doesn't have the opportunity at Liverpool to compete for silverware in the way that Hazard has at Chelsea in previous years.

7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

While I agree with you on Hazard you're contradicting yourself re: variables. Like Hazard doesn't have the opportunity at Chelsea to post Salah's numbers, Salah doesn't have the opportunity at Liverpool to compete for silverware in the way that Hazard has at Chelsea in previous years.

Nonsence. We are constantly told by them that Gerrard  was better than Lampard, Alonso + Mascherano were better than Essien + Ballack, Suarez + Coutinho + Sterling + Lallana + Torres were better than any Chelsea attacking player ever, so obviously they had just as much if not better chance at winning silverware as us :whistling:9_9

Edited by Cicero
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Nonsence. We are constantly told by them that Gerrard  was better than Lampard, Alonso + Mascherano were better than Essien + Ballack, Suarez + Coutinho + Sterling + Lallana + Torres were better than any Chelsea attacking player ever, so obviously they had just as much if not better chance at winning silverware as us :whistling:9_9

Aye, forgot that Mo Salah has played for us since 2008.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Cicero said:

So what you are saying is that Hazard played for a title winning team yet was never given the opportunity to post numbers that Salah has achieved in his first season at Liverpool?

Makes sense tha O.o

6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

So what you are saying is that Hazard played for a title winning team yet was never given the opportunity to post numbers that Salah has achieved in his first season at Liverpool?

Makes sense tha O.o

Not quite. Almost there though give it another try, I know you can do it. 

Psst, you can find hints from other sensible posts within the thread :twothumbsup:

Edited by Cicero

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Not quite. Almost there though give it another try, I know you can do it. 

Psst, you can find hints from other sensible posts within the thread :twothumbsup:

Let’s just agree that Salah shits on Hazard from a very great height :coffee:

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

That actually points to a weird trend. Whether Salah or Kane win the golden boot this season, it'll be 5 seasons in a row where the golden boot winner wasn't a part of the title winning side. It's great for good press though as the media gives teams a pass for not doing anything for a long time. :ph34r:

• Administrator
3 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and now I know your opinion in all your postings are not to be taken seriously. :ay:

great, thanks for that. 

wonder if you'll have the same opinion on Hazard if 1) he played for Liverpool or 2) you weren't a Chelsea fan. 

6 hours ago, Cicero said:

With growing indication that Conte will be gone,  rumored names for next manager are Sarri, Enrique, Ancelotti, and Tuchel 

Who would you lot prefer and why?

@Spike @carefreeluke @True Blue @The Liquidator @Bluewolf

Wouldn't touch Enrique with a barge pole mate, would be against that one for sure.

Out of that list I would like to see Sarri or Tuchel but it would be important Roman gave full backing to both them and more importantly the time to implement things. So either of them but combined with the full backing and time to do their thing. Would like to watch a more attacking Chelsea team.

The problem is that Conte has bought in a lot of players that suit his style and identity so it would probably need further recruitment. That's the problem we have.

Also, Tuchel or Sarri potentially could go the way AVB went for example and both would need the right environment and conditions for it to work out.

Edited by carefreeluke

8 hours ago, Cicero said:

With growing indication that Conte will be gone,  rumored names for next manager are Sarri, Enrique, Ancelotti, and Tuchel 

Who would you lot prefer and why?

@Spike @carefreeluke @True Blue @The Liquidator @Bluewolf

Sarri - I do not know enough about the man.
Enrique - He is gruff, confrontational, and grouchy. He would never accept this post unless given what he wants. This is the man that replies to 'good morning' with 'oh? what is so good about it, then?'.
Ancelotti - While, I really like the bloke, I don't particularly rate him as a manager. He seems to be the type of guy that can get the horse over the finish line but only when it is in a good mood. He isn't particularly a great strategist or tactician but relies on superb man-management to get the job done. There is a reason why Lampard, Drogba, Malouda, a other had their greatest seasons under his management. The only manager to give up a ridiculous lead in a CL when the opponent made a couple of tweaks, with one of the greatest teams ever assembled against the weakest winners ever.
Tuchel - I don't know much about him but he seems to have bizarre body language. People joke that he has autism.