talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

U20 World Cup 2017; ENGLAND ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS!

England will get far in this competition. Semi-finals at least for me.

Their next opponents are Mexico or Senegal, who are both awful.

However, they will then meet one of France, Italy, Zambia or Germany. I think unless its Germany or Zambia by some miracle, then they will get knocked out.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Costa Rica score but its been disallowed. Not sure what for though.

In another match, Zambia equalize.

EDIT: Just saw that an offside Costa Rican player got a touch to the ball. 

Lookman scores and it was a great goal. He's having a fantastic tournament. Even if he didn't manage to score earlier on, the way he intimidated the backlines by running at it impressed me.

2-0

England won 2-1. Despite Woodman's blunder against Guinea, he's been superb all tournament. Over the course of 90 minutes per match he's been very good and has kept England in some games. A deserved win and they will take on Senegal or Mexico, which they should win against either. Lookman my player of the match. 

Zambia also won. 3-1 vs Germany. No shocks today. I have 4 out of 5 predictions right xD

The last of Zambia's goals.

Quarters currently

Portugal vs Uruguay

Venezuela vs NZ or USA

England vs Mexico or Senegal

Zambia vs France or Italy

• Subscriber
34 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Lookman looks great. Should be seeing him more next season. 

Looks really raw to me - not sure he's ready for much top flight football just yet 

What does the final look like for you guys?

I'm sticking with France vs Venezuela. Second choice on each side of the bracket would be Uruguay and England.

I didn't get up for Mexico - Senegal as it was at a very odd time and didn't really have much interest in it. Mexico won with a Ronaldo Cisneros goal. Its what was expected, a dull game being defined in the last few minutes with Mexico narrowly winning. They will take on England.

The next 2 games are both very good. France vs Italy is a no miss for me though.

France vs Italy

USA vs NZ

Italy, USA and Mexico all advance today. I was confident France would go through so fair play to the Italians. As a Serie A fan, I'm definitely happy they won.

USA will probably give Venezuela more of a game than I thought. New Zealand aren't good, at all but they aren't 5-0 to USA bad so I think that should be a cracking match. 

Italy will take on Zambia. Another match which will be very contested but I think Italy will end Zambia's run here.

England will easily beat Mexico to advance to semi's.

Archived