talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

U20 World Cup 2017; ENGLAND ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS!

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All 4 of my predictions went through. Although out of all of them this was the only obvious winner as Mexico have been lucky to make it this far. Now its a matter of the 4 best. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch the quarter finals but big bad brian will be back for the semi's.

I'm going with a Venezuela vs England final.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

italy suffered a horrendous decision as well, which even went to VAR

Damn you and your black-out channels.

Can't watch it, but I will find it.

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

click on 'Watch on Youtube'

Got it. Thanks.

So since I haven't watched a second of it, what is going on at Zambia? Are they just full of young talent?

1 minute ago, Eco said:

Got it. Thanks.

So since I haven't watched a second of it, what is going on at Zambia? Are they just full of young talent?

Most African sides are blamed for having over aged players, but I can assure you that this isn't a problem with Zambia. Not only do they look young, but its one of the most developed African countries in the south. Its the closest you'll come to South Africa so I highly doubt they will be over aged.

One thing that many people don't know is that in Africa, Zambia are actually a big footballing nation. They are a bit like Egypt. They don't qualify for world cups but they are very big in the continent because they've had some very good teams in the past. Particularly the 2012 AFCON winning team and the one that died in a plane crash. 

• Subscriber
53 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

All 4 of my predictions went through. Although out of all of them this was the only obvious winner as Mexico have been lucky to make it this far. Now its a matter of the 4 best. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch the quarter finals but big bad brian will be back for the semi's.

I'm going with a Venezuela vs England final.

xD

You're using the nickname I gave you

38 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Most African sides are blamed for having over aged players, but I can assure you that this isn't a problem with Zambia. Not only do they look young, but its one of the most developed African countries in the south. Its the closest you'll come to South Africa so I highly doubt they will be over aged.

One thing that many people don't know is that in Africa, Zambia are actually a big footballing nation. They are a bit like Egypt. They don't qualify for world cups but they are very big in the continent because they've had some very good teams in the past. Particularly the 2012 AFCON winning team and the one that died in a plane crash. 

I keep up some with AFCON, but still, this young Zambia team looked to not be that much a surprise to people. Like it was expected.

I just wanted to point out that the refereeing in the Venezuela and Uruguay match was a joke. Who was the culprit? VAR. In other news grass is green.

Uruguay got a penalty when the Venezuelan defender didn't even touch the attacker. He got the ball and got barely a touch. He exaggerated and they went to VAR and got a penalty for something that should have never been given. Are these referee's blind? 

That wasn't why it was flawed though. In extra time, Yefferson Soteldo got clearly fouled in the box, it was a clear penalty and VAR wasn't even checked. He was including in front the referee's eyes and nothing. 

This whole tournament VAR has been poor and hardly showing any improvements from normal refereeing. The whole point is to avoid controversy, all its done is just create more and it will get worse when the World Cup and Premier League begins as those are big tournaments.

I understand that it may get better as time went on, but based on the CWC and now the U20 World Cup, this will need huge improvements, otherwise the sport will just become more unfair then it already was. The whole point is to make it more fair, its just doing the opposite of that. People are impatient unfortunately and years of work will just prove to be too long for some.

I know its a matter of opinion, but I just can't see how people are actually defending this pathetic excuse of technology as in the tournaments its been in its gotten less than a 50% if I had to grade it. Its baffling how much support it has. Some say give it time, I say give it time before it gets torn apart by others and the press.

My original prediction at the start of the tournament was Venezuela vs France final. After France got knocked out, I felt that England could seriously challenge to win it and now they are a match away. They will face their biggest challenge now and that is Venezuela

Hate seeing Italy out of it.

Hate even more that the timing of the matches mean I wasn't able to watch one. Although America's best U-20 player is on the National Team, which takes a little out of this tournament as I'm sure we aren't the only ones.

Just now, SirBalon said:

Why do you like Venezuela more than Uruguay?

I put a bet at the beginning of the tournament for Venezuela to win it. I will win $600, hence why I celebrated.

Just now, SirBalon said:

Oh right! Well done... :congrats:

Don't congratulate me yet! There is still one last hurdle and its against a very good England side.

To think in 2013, England had Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, John Stones and Eric Dier and they went out in the groups. I can only imagine how good some of these current players will become.

"Nico, the responsibility has already been taken and that's when you put on our wonderful kit. We are a team, a family and when we mess up, we all have. Now its time to keep working and be proud of how we left the country. Keep going Nico!"

I call that a superb role model. Especially for a U20 player like Nico De La Cruz

Suarez made this because De La Cruz missed the last penalty.

Archived