talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 0-0 Chelsea - Saturday 24th October, 2020

football forum

10 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Would love to hear how they didn't consider it a foul under questioning... Also I notice they didn't announce they were reviewing it like they did with the Rashford incident?? I don't believe they looked at it at all which is the only rational explanation.. Need to keep a watch out for any similar instances in games where the decision is given and compare notes... 

I think the Maguire incident is clear, which is why it was passed on so quickly (but it was clearly a pen). The Rashford incident definitely wasn’t a penalty, but the contact wasn’t clear which is why I think they took their time deliberating on it (if you get what I mean). 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't really matter what any of us think to be honest or how hard done by we feel when a clear decision goes the other way for whatever reason because as long as they can make calls differently from one week to another or have a different interpretation of the rules from game to game then there is simply fuck all we can do about it, They are a law unto themselves with zero accountability and until that changes or gets challenged effectively that's the way it will stay... 

14 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I think the Maguire incident is clear, which is why it was passed on so quickly (but it was clearly a pen). The Rashford incident definitely wasn’t a penalty, but the contact wasn’t clear which is why I think they took their time deliberating on it (if you get what I mean). 

Making it stranger still that when there was doubt about the foul they really looked hard at it and ruled against yet when the foul was completely obvious nothing happened??? 

5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Making it stranger still that when there was doubt about the foul they really looked hard at it and ruled against yet when the foul was completely obvious nothing happened??? 

It’s just complete and utter ineptitude on their part. I’d genuinely love to see and in depth explanation. 

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Mate, we’ve definitely had a huge amount and it is bizarre, but last season, there were genuinely only 2 questionable pens that shouldn’t have been. The rest were either stonewall or those that go either way.

You realise United were awarded 2 penalties in the whole of January and February? If that’s ‘scarcely believable’, I’m not sure you should be watching football.

Nobody forced Leicester into bottling a 14 point lead from the end of February. That’s why you’re angry about it. The perceived injustice that somehow Man United were simply handed third place last year is laughable. You and Chelsea literally had to win a game or two more, but you didn’t. Nobody to blame but yourselves. Are you saying you weren’t allowed to score? That penalties for you were withheld and therefore you should have won all those games? That United didn’t score any other goals in those games bar penalties? United had 5 penalties between Jan and the end of the season. 4 awarded between you being 14 points clear and losing to us..............

Watford - Foster takes out Fernandes (stonewall)

Tottenham - Push on Pogba (either way for me)

Bournemouth - Handball in box (stonewall)

Villa - Never a penalty (we all know that)

Let’s say each penalty is worth 3 points for a total of 12. Well we beat Watford 3-0 and Bournemouth 5-2 so that’s 6 points anyway. Tottenham we were losing, so only gained a point and Villa we won 3-0. The point swing actually isn’t that impacted by the penalties, unless you’re telling me the penalty against Villa completely swings the game and they were going to win. So there’s your 4 points back and we’re 5th. Happy now? 

I was talking about us in that period rather than you. The ones we didn't get.

• Subscriber
On 25/10/2020 at 13:33, DeadLinesman said:

It’s just complete and utter ineptitude on their part. I’d genuinely love to see and in depth explanation. 

It's better to avoid fishing for explanations really because they'll sooner come up with shite than admit it was a mistake. Last year there was a "his hand was in an unnatural position but he was jumping so it's not handball".

Archived