talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Championship Clubs Complain Over Standard of Refereeing

football forum

• Administrator

It's been shit for a long time and part of that is down to Mike Riley being at the head of PGMOL. Problems aren't just at this level but there have been some terrible calls recently.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am glad there are more clubs that are demanding a higher standard to officiating in the country.

I want to say I’m surprised by how bad it is right now. But as @Stan says, why the fuck should I be surprised when one of the most high profile shit refs, Mike Riley, is in charge of football officiating.

Clattenburg’s a bit of a twat because he seems attention hungry, and he’d probably say “fuck off I’m rich off oil money now” - but he was a very good ref, imo. I’d try to get him to take the job.

• Subscriber

Wasn't Mike Riley quite controversial himself? Sure I've seen clips from a Man Utd Arsenal game that he reffed back in the day that looked totally corrupt. Shouldn't be surprised the standards are dog shit.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Cazza said:

I quote someone else and you answer?

Is it only you (me and possibly two others, at most) on this forum and all the other accounts are multi's??????

What?

Didn't know conversation's had to be so specific. 

Championship refs being absolutely fucking useless is as certain as night following day. You have to get used to it as the only way out is promotion or relegation, right now we're not doing either soon.

Archived