talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

European Wonderkids/u-24s

football forum

Wonderkids and u25s is a bit of a stretch I know but this is essentially a topic for those in their early 20s and below who we think might go on to do big things. Feel free to post the big, obvious talents or some of the more obscure ones that might just turn into decent/good players but still pretty talented. Essentially a topic for under 24s where the only criteria is "not shit" :twothumbsup:.

I'm going to start with Croatian "wonderkid" (as he's called on several google searches....he's 23 xD) Lovro Majer, aesthetically the only way I can describe him is a winger/attacking midfield version (and clearly not as good) of Luka Modric, he gives me Yoanne Gourcuff vibes in that he's clearly very talented but hasn't really done anything at a high level (though granted he's got a decade at least to do that). In the 17-18 season, aged 20, he scored 14 goals for Lokomotiva and was announced as the best Young Footballer by the Croatian Football Federation, however he didn't play too much the following two seasons due to injury and the coach not liking him scoring a combined 3 goals. This season however he's scored 6 goals, bagging a couple of goals and 3 assists in the Europa League.

And here's a video of his season so far as of January 9th, by a Marseille fan who jumped the gun thinking he signed for them:

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Yusuf Demir, 17 years old, Rapid Wien. Crazy good for his age, can play in numerous positions upfront, probably the biggest talent in Austria. Lovely technique, great creativity and pace, also good at finishing and dribbling. Definitely needs to develop further, as while already a part of Rapid's first team, he still has work to do to become a regular starter. In terms of raw talent though, he's definitely one of the most exciting prospects for me. 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Yusuf Demir, 17 years old, Rapid Wien. Crazy good for his age, can play in numerous positions upfront, probably the biggest talent in Austria. Lovely technique, great creativity and pace, also good at finishing and dribbling. Definitely needs to develop further, as while already a part of Rapid's first team, he still has work to do to become a regular starter. In terms of raw talent though, he's definitely one of the most exciting prospects for me. 

I feel like at some point you will be able to make a decent first 11 out of "of Turkish descent" players

Pedri

He already looks the business most weeks and has only just turned 18. Not many players at that age, who I've seen, play football to that level and he's showing it in a tough league and against sides like Juventus away in the Champions league.

Obviously in terms of Barça players, there is also Ansu Fati (currently injured), who also has the potential and talent to leave his mark on the game, but Pedri has something extra special. 

I'd be massively surprised if he doesn't make it big. 

He has that elegance about him that not many players possess.

• Administrator

Libby Cacace. New Zealand player who used to play for Wellington Phoenix but has since moved to Belgium I think. Only 19 or 20.

Probably a bit more known these days but Eduardo Camavinga at Rennes will be world class. 

Kubo at Real Madrid. Not sure how much he's played but he was quality at Villarreal last season

Obviously Ansu Fati at Barcelona. 

And I guess @Panna King would appreciate mentioning Myron Boadu at AZ Alkmaar. He's someone I'd love to sign in summer as a Vardy replacement. 

17 minutes ago, Stan said:

Libby Cacace. New Zealand player who used to play for Wellington Phoenix but has since moved to Belgium I think. Only 19 or 20.

Probably a bit more known these days but Eduardo Camavinga at Rennes will be world class. 

Kubo at Real Madrid. Not sure how much he's played but he was quality at Villarreal last season

And I guess @Panna King would appreciate mentioning Myron Boadu at AZ Alkmaar. He's someone I'd love to sign in summer as a Vardy replacement. 

Camavinga is a Fifa20 buy of the decade, about £10m for a 16 year old rated around 76. Boadu on Fifa as well as a big steal....as is Batu and Diatta. Not seen them in real life though xD

5 hours ago, Stan said:

Yea Boadu is quality but he is not having the same season like he did last season but also could do with AZ Alkmaar who have lost their coach.     AZ Alkmaars star players apart from Boadu are Koopmeiners, Stengs and Wijndal.

1 minute ago, Panna King said:

Yea Boadu is quality but he is not having the same season like he did last season but also could do with AZ Alkmaar who have lost their coach.     AZ Alkmaars star players apart from Boadu are Koopmeiners, Stengs and Wijndal.

Great Fifa buy alongside Buta

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Panna King said:

Stengs is a good shout. Another player I'd love at Leicester. Think he would fit in perfectly. 

• 5 months later...
  • Subscriber
On 03/02/2021 at 17:45, nudge said:

Demir has just joined Barcelona on loan, with a 10 million option to buy! Planned for the reserve team for now. 

Archived