talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Juventus (4) 3-2aet (4) Porto - Tuesday 9th March, 2021 (2nd Leg)

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Rick said:

Listen, you child. 

Says the guy who literally attacks Scouse Mouse and LFCMadLad at every situation. 

You get a grip! I did not say a word here and am actually trying to stay away from Serie A/Bundesliga talk now.

3 minutes ago, Rick said:

I replied to one post where you said it was a “one off”. Juventus have been knocked out by Porto this season, Lyon last season & Ajax the season before. Elite level teams don’t choke like that three years in a row. They may have dominated a broken Serie A, but they’ve been subpar in Europe. 

Juventus with a manager out his depth this year, Lyon who knocked out City and Ajax who were a minute away from that years final. That's who they lost to. How do you come up with this nonsense?

Just now, Mpache said:

Says the guy who literally attacks Scouse Mouse and LFCMadLad at every situation.

I mean, me and Madlad have had our disagreement’s but that’s two adults having a heated discussion. 

Would be interested to see these times I’ve “attacked” Scouse Mouse though. I’ll give you some time to pull them out of your arse. 

In fact, I don’t want to hear anything else from you. I wouldn’t want to contribute to one of your childish meltdowns. 

7 minutes ago, Michael said:

That's not true at all. Morata is a pile of rubbish, Chiesa is good, but at least Inter have 2 good forwards in Lukaku and Martinez. De Ligt is also good. But most other Juve players are average. They have Weston Mckennie in their team for Christ's sake and they bought him from bottom Bundesliga side Schalke. Juve are not that good and they have been poor for several seasons under different managers. So you can't keep using the manager as a cop out.

This is their weakest squad in years, but a team with Ronaldo, Ramsey, Rabiot, Arthur,  Bonucci, Sandro and Cuadrado should still be winning Serie A and not be 10 points behind.

Just now, Rick said:

I mean, me and Madlad have had our disagreement’s but that’s two adults having a heated discussion. 

Would be interested to see these times I’ve “attacked” Scouse Mouse though. I’ll give you some time to pull them out of your arse. 

In fact, I don’t want to hear anything else from you. I wouldn’t want to contribute to one of your childish meltdowns. 

Then stay out of my affairs and hop off the bandwagon. Put me on ignore, cunt.

4 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Juventus with a manager out his depth this year, Lyon who knocked out City and Ajax who were a minute away from that years final. That's who they lost to. How do you come up with this nonsense?

City bottle the champions league regularly & Ajax were dumped out by Spurs. Is this your strongest argument?

I’m trying to have a discussion with you now about this. If you want to partake in it, fair enough. If you want to call me a cunt and say I’m hopping on some bandwagon, I’ll not bother. 

1 minute ago, Rick said:

City bottle the champions league regularly & Ajax were dumped out by Spurs. I’d this your strongest argument? 

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

:clown:

City bottling the CL isn't an excuse. Ajax smacked Real Madrid and beat Juve, again how do you come up with this nonsense

1 minute ago, Mpache said:

Could of would of should of. They consistently lose and we could make similar excuses for all the Bundesliga sides as well if you want to go back. Lyon were good but nothing special, Bayern disposed of them comfortably. Ajax played an attractive style of football, but they were kids and they got knocked out by Spurs, who in turn were comfortably beaten by Liverpool.  Lyon and Ajax are not elite sides, yet they disposed of Juve.

Just now, Michael said:

Could of would of should of. They consistently lose and we could make similar excuses for all the Bundesliga sides as well if you want to go back. Lyon were good but nothing special, Bayern disposed of them comfortably. Ajax played an attractive style of football, but they were kids and they got knocked out by Spurs, who in turn were comfortably beaten by Liverpool.  Lyon and Ajax are not elite sides, yet they disposed of Juve.

Yet excuses are made when Bayern lost in the semis 3 years running. It's ok when a German side loses though. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

3 minutes ago, Mpache said:

This is their weakest squad in years, but a team with Ronaldo, Ramsey, Rabiot, Arthur,  Bonucci, Sandro and Cuadrado should still be winning Serie A and not be 10 points behind.

Ronaldo is over the hill, good in Serie A but flops in Europe in recent seasons.  Ramsey is nothing special. Cuardado the Chelsea flop and Sandro, well don't really rate him that much either.

Just now, Mpache said:

Yet excuses are made when Bayern lost in the semis 3 years running. It's ok when a German side loses though. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

One minute your argument is "the CL is sooooo hard to win, making the last 4 is a huge achievement"

Now it's haha Bayern suck, imagine being only in the best 4 teams in Europe consistently! "

They reached the semis, much more than can be said for Juve in recent years. They also lost to top sides, sides that ended up winning the competiton. Not the likes of Lyon or a teenage Ajax side.

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

One minute your argument is "the CL is sooooo hard to win, making the last 4 is a huge achievement"

Now it's haha Bayern suck, imagine being only in the best 4 teams in Europe consistently! "

It is hard to win though.

Bayern underachieved this decade with the generation they had, only winning 1 CL (2 if you count 2020). That proves my point that the CL isn't easy to win. Hence why I think Juventus did enough to solidy themselves as an elite team this past decade. Real Madrid with their underwhelming performances won more than anyone.

Just now, Mpache said:

And just FYI, Ajax in that run to the CL semis went unbeaten vs Bayern, smacked Real Madrid and beat Juve. Let's not pretend it was just a fluke just cos Spurs beat them in the 2nd leg.

The issue I have with what you said is “one bad season”. The runaway leaders in Italy haven’t done a whole lot in the Champions league lately, especially in the last three years when they got knocked out by teams they should be beating. 

Just now, Michael said:

They reached the semis, much more than can be said for Juve in recent years. They also lost to top sides, sides that ended up winning the competiton. Not the likes of Lyon or a teenage Ajax side.

Could of would of should of. Literally contradicting yourself.

And just FYI, Ajax in that run to the CL semis went unbeaten vs Bayern, smacked Real Madrid and beat Juve. Let's not pretend it was just a fluke just cos Spurs beat them in the 2nd leg.

Yeah, they were a good side and shocked a lot of people because they had such a young side, but Spurs still managed to defeat them, a Spurs side comfortably beaten by Liverpool in the final. Real Madrid by the way were also poor that season.

Just now, Michael said:

Yeah, they were a good side and shocked a lot of people because they had such a young side, but Spurs still managed to defeat them, a Spurs side comfortably beaten by Liverpool in the final. Real Madrid by the way were also poor that season.

Real Madrid were poor during their 3peat, and they still won those 3 CL's. What's your point?

Could of would of should of. Literally contradicting yourself.

I didn't say could of should of, I said they reached the semis and that is much more than Juve achieved in recent seasons. No contradiction there mate, I think your a bit confused.

1 minute ago, Rick said:

The issue I have with what you said is “one bad season”. The runaway leaders in Italy haven’t done a whole lot in the Champions league lately, especially in the last three years when they got knocked out by teams they should be beating. 

Are we just forgetting how Roma, Fiorentina, Napoli and Inter have all made a European semi-final of some sort in the past 10 years? Juventus have made 2 finals. Serie A clearly hasn't been good this year, but it's still comfortably one of the best leagues in the world.

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

I’d say every league is a farmers league atm. It’s such a poor standard of football. There’s Bayern, huge gap, then City. And that’s it. 

Not true, don't underestimate Dortmund son!xD Their defence might be shaky at times but the firepower they have going forward is one of the best in the world.

2 minutes ago, Michael said:

I didn't say could of should of, I said they reached the semis and that is much more than Juve achieved in recent seasons. No contradiction there mate, I think your a bit confused.

I'm not confused, I'm pissed that I was bloody dragged into this nonsense. I also don't believe in taking merit away from your rivals, unless they were truly poor. Monaco in 2015 are a good example. Arsenal dropped the ball in losing to them that year, but Lyon and Ajax weren't exactly mugs and had statistics in their favour.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived