• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

West Ham 0-1 Chelsea - Saturday 24th April, 2021

football forum

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

VAR / officials - one and the same Stab.

Yeah, I’m not sure why so many people give them such separation. VAR refs are part of the team of officials, the VAR ref should have stepped in and said “look at the fucking monitor and look how fucking stupid you are”

4 hours ago, Cicero said:

Hope we see less of this system next season. 

Yeah, I agree. It's going to be interesting. I don't blame Tuchel for using it as it helps hides a lot of the players' weaknesses whilst at the same time allowing their strengths to shine more and it's helped galvanize and give the squad confidence again. It's going to give us the best chance of winning things this season definitely. 

In saying that I still stand by a similar team and shape that I posted earlier on this season in the Chelsea thread but maybe we would need a few additions of players with a certain skill set to make it work. From the lineup I posted back then, maybe some of the players would have to be changed given form and other circumstances mind. 

In one of the match threads, I saw talk of us being boring and negative under Tuchel. I see it and agree to a certain extent but I think the players available now are more progressive than some of the players we had under Conte (where we used a similar system) which allows us to adapt and change in games more easily. Players aside, I think Tuchel's style and identity are more progressive in general than Conte's but I would agree to an extent and understand why some people would label it a bit boring.

The term VAR stands for ‘Video Assistant Referee’ , so when people say the VAR is shit, they mean the chimp at the desk. They aren’t getting angry at a PC. 

This result was annoying. That red card was annoying. The ref and the var on the day shouldn’t be allowed to officiate another game of football, the pair of absolute useless pricks. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived