21/12/2020 - Chelsea 3-0 West Ham
01/07/2020 - West Ham 3-2 Chelsea
30/11/2019 - Chelsea 0-1 West Ham

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, Redcanuck said:

Looked like the two West Ham defenders looked at each other, thought the other one was going to clear the ball and both let the ball run through to Wernet.

One of them had to take charge. Deal with it and get rid.

• The title was changed to West Ham 0-1 Chelsea - Saturday 24th April, 2021
Just now, Cicero said:

This will be the harshest red in existence if given 

Red it is.... Very unlucky there I thought.... Not a red for me and agree with the commentary team, if this had been a niggly game where there was some aggressive tackles going on then maybe but it's not been one of them games.. got to apply some common sense in games.. 

• Administrator
Just now, Bluewolf said:

Red it is.... Very unlucky there I thought.... Not a red for me and agree with the commentary team, if this had been a niggly game where there was some aggressive tackles going on then maybe but it's not been one of them games.. got to apply some common sense in games.. 

The type of game shouldn't dictate what's a red or not though to be fair. In any context or situation that is never a red. 

• Administrator
Just now, Whiskey said:

I feel like I say it every week, but VAR keeps outdoing itself. Fucking joke of a red and would be hilarious if you didn't know that shit like this will happen over and over in the next couple of weeks.

This is a referee decision? 

Just now, Whiskey said:

I feel like I say it every week, but VAR keeps outdoing itself. Fucking joke of a red and would be hilarious if you didn't know that shit like this will happen over and over in the next couple of weeks.

This was the ref's decision though, VAR bottled making a decision by getting him to look at it

1 minute ago, Whiskey said:

VAR? This was bad officiating, which VAR has wonderfully exposed in this country. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

The type of game shouldn't dictate what's a red or not though to be fair. In any context or situation that is never a red. 

Well I think there is a matter of intent or reckless behaviour to be considered... In a game like this it would be reasonable to say there was no intent and even you are saying "where's his foot supposed to go" It was just a solid tackle with follow through, worse case for me a Yellow.. 

Not sure if you're aware, but there's a bloke using VAR who provides advice to the referee on what he should do. Rather than advising that the ''foul'' was nothing more than a follow through, the VAR official asked the referee to take a look at it again on the screen (which basically means that there's going to be a decision overturned 99% of the time). The referee is an absolute clampet for giving the red, but VAR and the officials using it deserve just as much of the criticism too.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Whiskey said:

Rather than advising that the ''foul'' was nothing more than a follow through, the VAR official asked the referee to take a look at it again on the screen (which basically means that there's going to be a decision overturned 99% of the time). The referee is an absolute clampet for giving the red,

So you agree it's the officials decision then? 

Glad we got that sorted promptly. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived