talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2017/18: Build-Up

football forum

10 hours ago, Eco said:

I've always had a soft spot for Leeds in England. Great history, down on the times, seems to have absolute quality fans, and I absolutely went ape shit in a Man U bar when Beckford scored against Man U. 

A truly magic moment that. Clearly a massive second best when it comes to honours compared to them but they will never be able to take away us humiliating them on their own patch with a team two divisions apart. The fans is the main thing going for us. I also think the fact we've still got an old traditional ground that retains a good atmosphere is appealing but that aside, it's pretty tragic to have seen us fall behind clubs such as Southampton, Leicester and West Ham in this day and age. Definitely think had we gone up fans of other clubs would have been looking forward to their fixtures with us for various reasons.

Anyway before I completely derail the thread, something I wanted to ask in here to everyone was this. Next season, are the Premier League still doing Friday night Sky games? Because I really don't think that took off last year. Infact, I really can't remember many of them being broadcast this side of Christmas? Surely they have to fuck that idea off. I think too much Football on the TV is in danger of turning people off anyway...

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I can remember three all season. Man Utd v Southampton, Chelsea v Liverpool, West Ham v Tottenham.

I'm with you as well, it's overkill. There is 100% some emphasis from the Premier League and Sky on trying to dominate over other leagues as well - such as bunching play-off games together now and having Premier League games on while they're being played just to try and knacker the viewing figures of other leagues. Think it's absolutely piss poor myself.

20 minutes ago, Dan said:

I can remember three all season. Man Utd v Southampton, Chelsea v Liverpool, West Ham v Tottenham.

I'm with you as well, it's overkill. There is 100% some emphasis from the Premier League and Sky on trying to dominate over other leagues as well - such as bunching play-off games together now and having Premier League games on while they're being played just to try and knacker the viewing figures of other leagues. Think it's absolutely piss poor myself.

I think Everton vs Crystal Palace was one aswell but other than that I can't remember any others.

I don't think it's necessary either, just put an extra game on the TV on Saturday or Sunday if they are wanting to show more games. I prefer a Championship game on the Friday.

• Subscriber

I don't mind Friday as long as it's fairly regionalised. Sending Southampton fans to Manchester on a Friday is poor.

For me Cannabis the overkill is largely in what I stated - it's overkill of Premier League football. I'm sorry, but no one is convincing me that they put the League Two second leg play-off games simultaneously, on a Thursday night, and moved Leicester v Tottenham to the same night to do anything other than retain PL attendance figures and lower those of games elsewhere. It's monopolisation.

• Subscriber

West Ham Away on a Friday Night was in theory delightful, clock off work early, beers in the city, hop across to Stratford and then that shite.

Local games would recommend though, other than it ruining my weekend with the result, it was really good. 

Archived