talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 0-3 Man Utd - Saturday 30th October, 2021

football forums

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Spurs should have hired Potter in the summer, and they should still sign him now. Not that I think he would abandon Brighton mid season mind. 

Yup I said this at the time would have been happy with him.

Not a chance he comes to us now though, not in the middle of the season, but to be honest maybe not at all. Why would any young manager with a promising future want to come and work for Daniel Levy?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Potter would be mad not to leave Brighton imo, mid-season or not. You don't get an opportunity like this that often. I'd like to see Bielsa get a chance at Spurs too but can't imagine he'd want to leave Leeds.

I think Spurs' best bet is to wait the season out and try and bring Poch back, or look elsewhere. As much as I'd like to see what Potter or Bielsa would do at Spurs, they should be aiming higher than that for a manager. They need to sell Kane too, let him go in January. He's not going to stay much longer at the club and the sooner you get him out the better the atmosphere inside the club will be for the new regime. Reinvest that money around the squad with bright, young talent. Only manager I can think that could do something with Kane at the club is Poch.

20 hours ago, Devil said:

Atalanta away before City, if he gets a second victory in Italy then I don't think he will lose his job if we lose to City. If he gets beat in Italy and then against City its likely curtains for Ole.

I'm all for us sticking with the five at the back if it keeps us winning, just a shame the squad wasn't built with that formation in mind. We're going to have so many unhappy players going forward.

Yes Chelsea have had that situation at times too. 

Archived