talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bayern München Thread

• Subscriber

Tuchel has basically continued to shoot down any notion of staying beyond the summer seemingly when asked until now... a little ambiguous? This is undoubtedly one of the most strange Manager saga's in awhile... I would be shocked if he does stay in the end I guess but idk anymore it does actually make alot of sense xD

“We have an existing contract and have agreed that we will terminate it earlier. Everything is possible, but the answer is the same. The agreement stands. The agreement exists,” Tuchel said during his press conference ahead of Bayern Munich’s Bundesliga match against VfB Stuttgart (as captured by @iMiaSanMia).

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

This is the latest in the rumour mill. This whole search is just utterly bizarre why not throw Flick in the mix. They say Ten Hag is the backup plan to Flick. 

They could have learbed from the distratous course of their current manager search and just shut up on speculations, though.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

The latest: It seems like circling back to Tuchel again is becoming more and more a real possibility. 

Do you listen to the Gegenpressing podcast?  Long discussion on this topic.  Eberl continues to sell this as "it was not my decision to part ways".

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Coma said:

Do you listen to the Gegenpressing podcast?  Long discussion on this topic.  Eberl continues to sell this as "it was not my decision to part ways".

I do not, just catch Bavarian Football Works once in awhile. Yeah, I mean I think thats the easiest way to sell it. I think it can be sold also because of the CL run. Tuchel's been proven right with the squad's glaring issues and injury problems. Also the coaching search if even half of the rumours are true is a bloody farce and basically noone left would be a clear upgrade on Tuchel. 

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I do not, just catch Bavarian Football Works once in awhile. Yeah, I mean I think thats the easiest way to sell it. I think it can be sold also because of the CL run. Tuchel's been proven right with the squad's glaring issues and injury problems. Also the coaching search if even half of the rumours are true is a bloody farce and basically noone left would be a clear upgrade on Tuchel. 

Without any schadenfreude, well actually with a bit of schadenfreude, noticing Hoeneß might have Bayern done a disservice with his debatable tcriticism on a media event nobody called for.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
41 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Without any schadenfreude, well actually with a bit of schadenfreude, noticing Hoeneß might have Bayern done a disservice with his debatable tcriticism on a media event nobody called for.

Yep, absolutely. As he has seemingly always done in recent years anyways. 

• Subscriber

After talks between Bayern bosses and Thomas Tuchel's management today, the club now wants to go into next season with Tuchel. Both parties are working on reversing the decision of his dismissal. Tuchel remains willing to stay at FC Bayern despite the turbulent past few weeks and public criticism from Uli Hoeneß. Still no total agreement. The sticking point in negotiations is mainly about the new contract term. Tuchel now wants a contract until at least 2026. A final decision is expected soon [

Weird all around.

"Look, we couldn't find anyone else, so do you want to stay after all?" 

Weird that he agrees to it. Because I think Tuchel is definitely the kind of guy to hold grudges. 😂 But maybe Eberl went with the "I didn't have anything to do with your sacking" approach, but that they still went for other managers and got rejection after rejection still must feel like Tuchel is their last desperate choice. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Weird all around.

"Look, we couldn't find anyone else, so do you want to stay after all?" 

Weird that he agrees to it. Because I think Tuchel is definitely the kind of guy to hold grudges. 😂 But maybe Eberl went with the "I didn't have anything to do with your sacking" approach, but that they still went for other managers and got rejection after rejection still must feel like Tuchel is their last desperate choice. 

I think its two fold; you're definitely right on the one hand Im a bit surprised Tuchel would be interested but if he can get an extension in this uno reversal that sounds pretty enticing. Secondly I think when he looks around and see's there isnt really any better coaching options for himself out there either. 

Id have to think when Eberl is sitting down with him to iron out an extension (hypothetically for now mind you) he would have to allow him more say in the squad restructuring as well. That wouldn't really seem bad from Tuchel's side of things looking at it objectively I figure.

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

I think its two fold; you're definitely right on the one hand Im a bit surprised Tuchel would be interested but if he can get an extension in this uno reversal that sounds pretty enticing. Secondly I think when he looks around and see's there isnt really any better coaching options for himself out there either. 

Id have to think when Eberl is sitting down with him to iron out an extension (hypothetically for now mind you) he would have to allow him more say in the squad restructuring as well. That wouldn't really seem bad from Tuchel's side of things looking at it objectively I figure.

Honestly I think he was always the best option for Bayern.  It's not like he performed poorly... Leverkusen were just an unbelieveable team this season.  Squad still needs a major overhaul.  Upamecano, Goretzka, Choupo-Moting, Gnabry all need shipped out.  Probably some others.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Coma said:

Honestly I think he was always the best option for Bayern.  It's not like he performed poorly... Leverkusen were just an unbelieveable team this season.  Squad still needs a major overhaul.  Upamecano, Goretzka, Choupo-Moting, Gnabry all need shipped out.  Probably some others.

Kim hasn't exactly been a revelation this season neither. Given how much praise he received in Italy and Serie A's reputation of being a league of excellent defenders.

• Subscriber

Kim had a really strong Hinrunde and looked promising imo. After leaving for Afcon he just never really looked settled in the Rückrunde idk the reason but Id definitely give him another shot. Upa on the other hand has had way too many chances and I get hes still young but he just cannot get that hiccup or one big howler out of his system its always there it seems. 

Only one on his list I would swap out would be Gnabry, when healthy and I get that basically never happend this season but he scores. Id keep him if hes willing to be one of the ones to be taking a pay cut and draw back these ridiculous wages given out but we'll see. Id let Coman go at this point and as it kind of pains me probably still Davies and maybe if we're going extra deep Maz/Boey. The Boey transfer never made any sense at all he played what 1 or 2 matches and got injured in typical Bayern fashion. If Kimmich is willing to play RB Id keep him but if hes insistent on being in the middle hes got to go as well. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Coma said:

This is just it over the course of the season Tuchel's criticism's where proven right. He proved he can adapt to even the thin squad he was given and his tactics basically got us very, very close to the CL final. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Viva la FCB said:

This is just it over the course of the season Tuchel's criticism's where proven right. He proved he can adapt to even the thin squad he was given and his tactics basically got us very, very close to the CL final. 

If I were him I'd be in there making demands:  I'll stay but I want more say in the squad planning and tell that old man up top to shut his hole.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Coma said:

If I were him I'd be in there making demands:  I'll stay but I want more say in the squad planning and tell that old man up top to shut his hole.

Funny enough its sounds like thats a point of contention right now. Tuchel wants at least a one year extension which imo he absolutely should be demanding in this case. Sounds like over the weekend a decision is coming. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Viva la FCB said:

Funny enough its sounds like thats a point of contention right now. Tuchel wants at least a one year extension which imo he absolutely should be demanding in this case. Sounds like over the weekend a decision is coming. 

Uli always runs his mouth but imo he should be sucking up to Tuchel.  There are literally no other options right now and having a guy in-house who's a proven winner ain't a bad place to be.

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber

I hope this is true, I really want to believe.

Max Eberl and Christoph Freund are working hard on keeping Thomas Tuchel and are no longer taking the concerns of Uli Hoeneß and Rummenigge into account. The word from the new board: If you are convinced of a decision, you have to enforce it against all odds. Freund was largely left out of the decision to part ways with Tuchel back in February. Eberl wasn't at the club yet. A decision should be made this week

Posted (edited)

Bayern should stay calm: Tayfun Korkut, Michael Frontzeck and probably many other managers of their ilk are still available.😎

Seriously, though: Gradually Bayern are running out of choices mostly by their own doing, their new manager is already in the unfortunate situation of everybody knowing he wasn't their first or second choice. Would be smart, if they learned from this appointing disaster and wouldn't shout the name of their preferred personal option into the public as impertinent as they always used to since the 90s and did again this time in the future. Probably they won't though, which offers fans of other clubs the prospect of a lot of entertainment.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Last presser for Tuchel probably, comes accross quite well as usual. 

“Harry (Kane) is receiving treatment from his personal doctor. He cannot travel. He was already at the limit in Madrid. He had a complete blockade in his back, it’s gotten worse and bothers him in everyday movements. Leroy (Sané) and Jamal (Musiala) won’t be in the squad. (Eric Maxim) Choupo(-Moting) has the flu, won’t be available. Kim (Min-jae) is injured, not in the squad. Sacha Boey is definitely not in the squad, for private, sad reasons. Rapha Guerreiro and Serge Gnabry are injured. Kingsley Coman is trying everything to be at the Euros, but won’t be in the squad tomorrow,” Tuchel said (as captured by @iMiaSanMia).

“Sensational. It’s a pleasure to watch the young lad play. We’ve always brought in players from the reserves. From the very first training session, we saw something special in him. He was very confident with the way he played. He’s also incredibly nice and always comes to training with a big smile on his face,” said Tuchel. “It’s a pleasure to see his development. He deserves the greatest praise of all. Everything was absolutely great. He absolutely deserves to be called up for the Euros. Playing in central midfield for Bayern is not easy. He’s a nice guy, big credit to him. There’s nobody who doesn’t wish him well.”

“It’s been clear to us all since February that the chapter was coming to an end. It’s been a turbulent last week. It’s important to keep the focus on tomorrow’s game and bring it to a fitting conclusion,” said Tuchel. “It’s obviously tough. Results like in the Champions League against Lazio, Arsenal and Real bring you together. The feedback from recent weeks was the foundation for us having a discussion. But we couldn’t reach an agreement. I won’t name the reasons. The agreement from February stands.

“The job requires full energy, but it also gives me a lot of energy. It is my great passion. For me, a good training session is the basis for an excellent day. There are few better, more fun places than a football dressing room. A trophyless season with Bayern is never satisfactory, no one will disagree with that - including myself. It remains a very disappointing performance in the DFB Pokal, which was unsatisfactory.

“We are currently second in the Bundesliga and have got a number of points that would have been enough to win the title in nine of the last 11 years, that with injury problems throughout the season and Leverkusen just refusing to lose. That’s not something to be ashamed of. The CL season was almost perfect until the 87th minute in Madrid. Losing there in the last seven minutes can happen. You can accept that without having to be ashamed. We are very self-critical. We will never run away from responsibility. We have the right to walk out of this 15 month period with our heads held high.

“I’m a bit sad because I don’t like leaving teams and a staff. There are 60, 70 people here that you see every day. Also the stewards in the underground car park and the guys in the kitchen. There’s a bonding that develops with time. You work closely together for hours every day. It’s always difficult.”