talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bayern München Thread

• Subscriber

Also I hope this is true. He profiles excellently but he just hasnt been given a chance so I still dont really have an idea in what we have in him. The weirder part is Goretzka hasn't played that well overall and Tuchel even mentioned recently he see's Gravenberch as an 8.... GIVE HIM A START.

Bayern have obviously problems. Whether a revival of the dinosaurs is the solution to these issues is debatable, though.

Would be entertaining to hear Hoeneß rambling about human rights because some journalists dared to critizise Bayern's team again, I admit.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
44 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Bayern have obviously problems. Whether a revival of the dinosaurs is the solution to these issues is debatable, though.

Would be entertaining to hear Hoeneß rambling about human rights because some journalists dared to critizise Bayern's team again, I admit.

The latest rumour has Uli wanting to install his son Florian in some capacity, maybe he returns as well to shepherd him along.

Hainer's publically denied a Kahn exit at this stage but that doesnt mean a whole lot, he carried on the line about evaluating all of the execs at the end of the season. The guy that broke this has been pretty spot on on a few things to break early this season. Both Plettenberg and Falk joined in afterwords. Smoke theres fire etc etc...

Out of the DFB Cup, out of the Champions League and they face a big possibility of not winning the Bundesliga this season. This could be one of the worst seasons in years for Bayern Munich. It's actually quite ridiculous, because they have some excellent players in their squad. But they've unfortunately not been playing close to their potential for far too many matches this season.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 26/04/2023 at 00:19, Michael said:

Out of the DFB Cup, out of the Champions League and they face a big possibility of not winning the Bundesliga this season. This could be one of the worst seasons in years for Bayern Munich. It's actually quite ridiculous, because they have some excellent players in their squad. But they've unfortunately not been playing close to their potential for far too many matches this season.

Yep. Far too many players have been unwhelming for large portions of the season. We lacked the consistency of Lewy and Müller up front which was a given for the better part of what 7 or 8 years? When your'e relying on contributions from the likes of Coman, Sane, Gnabry and a barely 20 year old Musiala things are quite different. Choups was great but even he wasn't healthy when we needed him most and even then hes not the solution long term. Mane has been a disaster full stop. Goretzka has been bad and Kimmich has been exposed more this season probably directly because of that. Upa's had a nightmare lately but otherwise I'd say the one saving grace is our defence was fairly solid up until recently. Going to be an interesting off season between personnel and management turnover. 

• Subscriber

This is BILD's list of our current roster status going into the summer. Pretty much agree with most of it. There are some inklings of Tuchel having influence in trying to negotiate a better price on Cancelo as well as wanting to keep Gravenberch as management is still quite high on him. Pavard I do hope gets extended at this point but we'll see how he feels as well. Maz's future seems somewhat tied to what happens with Pavard and Cancelo specifically but maybe also throw Stanisic in that mix as well. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Not surprising but the timing is a little odd yet again. Apparently they knew yesterday so good on Brazzo for still being there and celebrating. Kickers reported the same so it's official

Well, Kahn wanted to be there too, but was apparently not allowed to xD

• Subscriber
39 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

There was a report of him being sick. I would assume it would have to be something like that.

I mean, he literally said he wanted to be there but wasn't allowed by the club...

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, nudge said:

I mean, he literally said he wanted to be there but wasn't allowed by the club...

I did see that too. Cant both things be true? he wanted to be there but they wouldnt allow him cus hes sick?

• Subscriber

this actually might be funnier then that, i havent really looked at anything since yesterday but now theres reports of Kahn losing it upon getting the news so they banned him from attending the match. He does deny it ofc but idk there has to be a reason and not just because he was fired xD

• Subscriber

No matter how you look at it, announcing the sacking of both of them just MINUTES after winning the title is completely classless, nevermind preventing your club legend from attending the final match and taking part in the celebrations... Regardless of Kahn's reaction to the news, it's simply not how you treat people. But I'm not surprised, it's typical Bayern, after all.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, nudge said:

No matter how you look at it, announcing the sacking of both of them just MINUTES after winning the title is completely classless, nevermind preventing your club legend from attending the final match and taking part in the celebrations... Regardless of Kahn's reaction to the news, it's simply not how you treat people. But I'm not surprised, it's typical Bayern, after all.

Agree on the timing much like the sacking of Nagelsmann, alot of this season has been handled as poorly as possible. I really didnt expect any news or changes until the board meeting and I still fail to see the reason why they would do it when they did, theres literally nothing to gain. I dont get it man. That being said there has to be context to not letting Kahn attend and I refuse to believe its something trivial. If Brazzo attended no problem then why wouldnt they let Kahn.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Agree on the timing much like the sacking of Nagelsmann, alot of this season has been handled as poorly as possible. I really didnt expect any news or changes until the board meeting and I still fail to see the reason why they would do it when they did, theres literally nothing to gain. I dont get it man. That being said there has to be context to not letting Kahn attend and I refuse to believe its something trivial. If Brazzo attended no problem then why wouldnt they let Kahn.

Well, according to Hainer, Brazzo agreed to a mutual termination, whereas Kahn didn't, and then according to Hoeneß, Kahn has verbally attacked Dreesen during the talks, so was forbidden to attend the match in order to "avoid further escalation". Which sounds plausible tbh, but everything about it is completely classless. Also, I am now pissed off because I would have loved seeing Kahn right-hook your whole damn management board during the match xD 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, nudge said:

Well, according to Hainer, Brazzo agreed to a mutual termination, whereas Kahn didn't, and then according to Hoeneß, Kahn has verbally attacked Dreesen during the talks, so was forbidden to attend the match in order to "avoid further escalation". Which sounds plausible tbh, but everything about it is completely classless. Also, I am now pissed off because I would have loved seeing Kahn right-hook your whole damn management board during the match xD 

Yeah I was seeing that as well and I would not be surprised at all but all i can think of is wrath of Kahn xD KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHN. Might have knocked some sense into em.. that woulda been a shame.

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

This shit is just nuts as this point.

Uli Hoeneß to @kicker on the talks with Oliver Kahn over his dismissal: “It wasn’t a pleasant conversation.”

Was it a mistake to appoint Kahn in the first place?

Hoeneß: “In retrospect, you have to say so.”

“We would have acted the same way even with three titles, this decision had to be made. (New Bayern Munich CEO Jan-Christian) Dreesen knows the club inside out, a new man would have had to get used to it for half a year,” Hoeneß said.

Hoeneß says Kahn’s advisors in the background were responsible for the unrest, “the catastrophically bad atmosphere” at the club and an increasing lack of motivation.

During the conversations over his dismissal, Oliver Kahn verbally attacked new CEO Jan-Christian Dreesen — that’s why Kahn was told not to travel with the team to Köln in order to avoid further escalation.