talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bayern München Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Not as promising as it sounds, to be honest. Bayern are on 2nd spot in only the second best of the three first U17 leagues and the best players born that year play U19 anyway.

1 hour ago, Goku de la Boca said:

Jeeeesus, well taken free kick from Chavez.

890d40.jpg

:ph34r:

6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

890d40.jpg

:ph34r:

I can read I just don't give a shit because Bayern's U17's are comfortably better than any of our youth clubs. I can't say I've seen Chavez but I thought he was another filler player from abroad, but those stats do tell me something. I just hope that he actually gives something on the pitch and doesn't show up for the odd goal xD

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Unfortunate timing, he was also looking really good these last couple matches. The rumour is 3-4 weeks or so.

Alphonso Davies suffered a ligament strain in his left knee during Bayern’s 3-1 Bundesliga win at home to Borussia Mönchengladbach. This was the result of an examination conducted by the club’s medical department following the match. The left-back will therefore face a spell on the sidelines.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Eberl official. Will work with Freund I suppose. This is a pivotal moment with him going forward. The squad needs a reshape and a new coach. Interesting to see how this all plays out.

https://fcbayern.com/de/news/2024/02/entscheidung-aufsichtsrat-fc-bayern---berufung-von-max-eberl-ab-1.-maerz-zum-sportvorstand-sowie-schaffung-einer-schlanken-organisationsstruktur-mit-drei-vorstaenden

• Subscriber

Also the latest on Davies is apparently hes asking for €20m a season for a wage to extend. Think thats probably about that, sell him in the summer and move on. Will be sad to see him go on the one hand as I have an attachment to him but objectively looking at it Id sell him in a heartbeat if the asks and rumours are even half true. He hasn't hit the same heights from a few seasons ago, whether that's injuries or not probably a mix of everything. Will wish him the best at Madrid either way I suppose.

• Subscriber

Neuer's comments in particular I think are pretty candid and spot on. 

Thomas Tuchel:

"We played a very good first half, but couldn't take the lead. The second half was a bit complicated. We scored the opener when Leipzig was on the rise. We reacted well after the equaliser. All in all, it was a deserved win. The win today is good for the players, it’s good for all of us at the club." [@SkySportDE ]

on Leroy Sané: "With his qualities, he's judged by goals and assists. It's a difficult phase for him at the moment with a lot of ball losses. He had to come off because he was in pain. He's not completely free at the moment and is biting his teeth"

on Kimmich at right-back: "Josh was the only one in the squad who played several times at right-back. He did well. The likelihood that we'll need him again there against Freiburg is very high"

Manuel Neuer:

on Tuchel's departure: "It's bitter that we couldn't build anything . I also feel sorry for the coaching staff. In the end we screwed up together. I think you don't always have to look at the teacher when you get bad grades" [@MartinVolkmar]

on how the team reacted to Tuchel's departure in the summer: "It casts a bad image on all of us, on the team, on the players, because we didn't manage to be successful with such a top coach. It is also our responsibility when a good coach is dismissed. We want to continue the path professionally until the end. There was no sign of [the decision] today in the speech or in the preparation for the game. He did everything extremely professionally and we were really prepared for the game." [Sky]

on why top coaches at FC Bayern have repeatedly failed recently: "It's difficult to say. There are different players in this team than before when things happened a bit on their own. Teams change and I believe that we haven't had the self-confidence recently to put on this shirt every time, go onto the pitch and beat teams. We have to work on getting that back."

Thomas Müller:

"It was a win for all of us. We're all in the same boat. It wasn't an easy time for us, after three defeats in one week - especially against Leipzig, an opponent that can hurt you. We played better in the first half, but we weren't efficient enough. We totally dominated Leipzig in the first half. We didn't let them get a chance. Even though we were a bit lucky to get a late goal, we are happy that we won" [@SkySportDE]

Harry Kane:

"I think we played a good game today. From start to finish we were the team with the better chances. Especially in the first half we probably should have scored a couple. We played against a really good side. Of course we had to show a reaction after last week. It's really nice to score a couple of goals and help the team get the win"

"As a team we felt like we could create more chances with the players that we have and that's what we did today. Especially the first goal was nice - me and Jamal were working on that in training just yesterday. It's really pleasing it came off as it did. That's what we need. We need more connection among each other. Hopefully we can build on today" [@SkySports]

on Tuchel's departure in the summer: "The club made a decision. We players have to show our responsibility to the manager, our responsibility to the club, to give everything we have for the season. We knew as players we haven't been performing as well as we can. You can't just sit there and talk about it. You have to fight and work hard at every moment and that's what we did today"

Eric Dier:

On Tuchel: "It's disappointing. He brought me here, we have a good relationship. Regardless of that, it's a pity because he's a very good coach. We haven't done enough as a team in the past few weeks, the results don't lie. Now we have to finish the season as well as possible" [@kerry_hau]

Herbert Hainer:

on the title race: "We'll never give up."
On the team and Tuchel: "I wouldn’t say that the team is uncoachable. We reacted because we're not satisfied with the development. Of course Thomas is disappointed." [@georg_holzner]

"When FC Bayern lose three times in a row, we all have to question ourselves. That is not our ambition. We will draw the conclusions from it."

On the many coach dismissals in recent years: "The expectations are very high at FC Bayern. There's pressure on everyone, but in the end that is the formula for success at FC Bayern: we are never satisfied" [Sky]

on Tuchel's departure in the summer: "I'm very sorry. Thomas has invested a lot and put a lot of energy into it. We now all have to work together to ensure that we spend three more nice and successful months together."

On Xabi Alonso “That’s not a topic for us now.” [@kerry_hau]

on Alphonso Davies' comeback: "We hope he can resume team training or at least parts of it next week" [@julianbuhl]

Dreesen:

on Tuchel: "We've seen in the past few games that things are not working. That's why we decided to go separate ways in the summer. The team is now just as responsible as the coaching staff." [@_kochmaximilian]

Thomas Tuchel has hinted that he would have liked to fulfill his contract. Was the decision to part ways in the summer really amicable and mutual?

" Thomas is, as you have also written or reported, someone who does not mince his words and says his opinion. If he hadn't been of the same opinion as us, we wouldn't have said together in a press release that we were parting ways amicably"

on Max Eberl's imminent appointment: "If things turn out the way we all think it will, we will have a new board member next week. More competence and quality in management can only be good. I believe we will achieve a lot together as a team" [@dpa]

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Awesome to hear. Even his agent seems likeable!

Mathys Tel's agent Gadiri Camara on his client's new deal: "It’s easy to sign a new contract when the sun is in the sky. But when it’s cloudy like right now, you have to show your commitment. It’s a good way to be a legend and to begin a new era. That’s what Mathys wants. And that’s why he signed that contract until 2029" [

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Sounds like some clarity is coming on the situation at least. This is reportedly in the same ballpark as the contract that was signed with Brazzo and co near the end of last season. I hope he stays but life goes on. The squad turnover could be pretty signifcant come summer. 

"The negotiations have been going on for a long time, but were a bit broken last summer. We are working on this topic"

• Subscriber

Little bit of a tactical analysis of Goretzka and the sort of hybrid positioning hes taken up in recent times. It was first noticeable with the second leg of the Lazio match and corresponds with our bit of a resurgence in form. 

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2024/3/21/24098739/bayern-munich-bfw-film-room-tactic-analysis-leon-goretzka-midfield-pavlovic-kimmich-kane-musiala-tel

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Front office shakeup continues. Dont know how to feel, hes was involved in alot of the gems unearthed and brought here but how pivotal a role? idk man. 

FC Bayern and its technical director Marco Neppe have agreed to end their cooperation by mutual consent after 10 successful years. Neppe joined FC Bayern from Bayer Leverkusen on 1 July 2014 and most recently held the position of technical director.

Neppe thanked the club for his time working within the front office.

“I would like to thank FC Bayern for the trust, support and, above all, the opportunity I was given here. It was a challenging, exciting and successful time, with the 2020 treble as the highlight. I wish FC Bayern and its wonderful fans maximum success for the future. FC Bayern will remain part of my history and I am proud of that,” Neppe remarked.

CEO Jan-Christian Dreesen said that he appreciated Neppe’s effort.

“I would like to thank Marco Neppe for this long cooperation. We celebrated many successes during this period, and under Marco Neppe we discovered outstanding talents such as Alphonso Davies and Jamal Musiala, who have matured into world-class players in Munich,” Dreesen remarked. “He was an important factor in squad planning and, not least because of his excellent network, also in the completion of many transfers. We wish Marco Neppe all the best for the future.”

• Subscriber

Not great news but hopefully a speedy recovery. Hes been a great since coming back into the lineup... 

Also unrelated but theres talks of a 5 year extension coming for Alex Nübel with another loan for next season back to Stuttgart. The setup is in 2025 to come back and battle for a starting role then as likely we will need a successor for Neuer at that point. 

• Subscriber

Its official. Including a two further season loan to  Stuttgart so I imagine the idea is Neuer is the hang them up at that point and have a chance to take over the #1 spot. Further word of a clause to terminate the loan after 1 more year. Makes sense.

Alexander Nübel has extended his contract at FC Bayern by a further four years to 30 June 2029, with his original deal set to run until summer 2025. An agreement has also been reached with VfB Stuttgart that the 27-year-old will remain there on loan for another two seasons. Nübel moved to Munich in summer 2020 from Schalke and has spent this campaign on loan at the club currently third in the Bundesliga table.

Nübel thinks the arrangement is the best of both worlds.

“I’m very happy about this decision and the trust that FC Bayern has shown in me. At the same time, I feel very good in Stuttgart. I want to enjoy success with VfB and take my next steps personally,” Nübel noted.

Bayern Munich executive Max Eberl was thrilled to keep Nübel in the fold.

“We’re pleased we could agree to a long-term extension with Alexander Nübel. He’s made excellent progress in recent years and is among Germany’s best goalkeepers. He can continue to play at a high level at VfB Stuttgart. FC Bayern is superbly positioned now and for the future in the goalkeeper department with Manuel Neuer, Sven Ulreich, Daniel Peretz and Alexander Nübel,” Eberl said.

Nils Petersen said he wished Bayern would win the CL, because- wait for it- he doesn't want to lose his unique selling point as being the last footballer, who played  at least one  season for Bayern without winning any silver ware in his whole career to Kane.😄

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Haha 1

• Subscriber

Kicker had a report come out over the weekend that Müller plans to retire at the end of his current contract in 2025 and that we will find a role for him off the pitch and work on integrating him there. Timeline would make sense its just sad, you know its coming at some point and Ive seen in with many of Bayern legends over the years but this one will just hit different. 

• Subscriber

The rumours have persisted and now this is the latest. I did think it was a mistake at the time to let him go but this whole circle would be utterly bizarre. 

Bayern have made their decision - the club wants Julian Nagelsmann as new coach. Max Eberl and Christoph Freund are in concrete talks and negotiations with Nagelsmann's agents, talks are advanced. Bayern are offering a 3 to 4 year contract. Nagelsmann has not given his final approval yet. The DFB are still hoping he would extend his contract as Germany coach until 2026. As of now, Nagelsmann has neither accepted nor rejected either offer - but the tendency is rather towards Bayern [

4 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

The rumours have persisted and now this is the latest. I did think it was a mistake at the time to let him go but this whole circle would be utterly bizarre. 

It was wrong to let him go to start with. But in his shoes, I don't know if I'd come back after they treated me like that. Then again, it was Salihamidzic and Kahn who sacked him, right? They could always blame it on these idiots. xD