talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bayern München Thread

23 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Yeah it sounds like its been a done deal that hes wanted out for a couple of weeks now, Ive kind of accepted moving on but its still kinda sad. Kahn and I think Hainer have both said he has a contract until 2023 etc but I dont think they keep him against his will for one more season it doesnt make much sense. Get a half a decent transfer fee for him and theres plenty of time to plan for trying to replace him. 

One part of his comments jumps out at me.  That he feels that he and the club can no longer have a working relationship.  Is that in regard to the contract extension negotiations or was there something else going on behind the scenes?  It's one thing to say "I've been here for 8 years and I'd like to try something else."  It's completely different to say "I can't work with this club anymore."

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Coma said:

One part of his comments jumps out at me.  That he feels that he and the club can no longer have a working relationship.  Is that in regard to the contract extension negotiations or was there something else going on behind the scenes?  It's one thing to say "I've been here for 8 years and I'd like to try something else."  It's completely different to say "I can't work with this club anymore."

Definitely. The one idea being bandied about is he didnt like the idea of us being interested in Haaland. That he felt offended that we had seriously looked into the matter but I really dont think that holds any water. What "top" club wouldnt seriously inquire about Haaland? regardless of having Lewandowski at 34 you arent doing your job if you dont look into the matter and I dont believe talks even really went anywhere either. My opinion is its all talk to just force a move, It fits Zahavi practices and fits what he wants; basically threatens to not keep him for one more season which is naturally crucial at his age for one last move. 

• Subscriber

Gnabry in response to contract questions. Alledgedly he turned down the latest contract offer and brass wont go higher (reportedly €19m) Guy wouldnt talk contract with the media but had no problem jumping about appreciation. Appreciation xD fuck off with this bullshit you overpaid twats. 

Update: It apparently gets worse but from his side of things makes perfect sense to try and hold every card in the deck. Fuck him off this summer please if this is true. 

Edited by Viva la FCB

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Couple more transfers still in the works. Rennes 17 year old prodigy striker Mathys Tel and Laimer from RB.

Chris Richards on the verge of a move to Crystal Palace for around €15m (of which Dallas FC gets 30% ish) Zirkzee on his way out as well (looking for a price of €10m-€15m. Lastly rumours of potentially Pavard being up for sale to recoup some of the De Ligt money.. we'll see how that develops, personally I hope he sticks around as the depth will undoubtedly be needed.

Potentially a backup option?

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

Not sure how highly your youth teams are rated but that’s a hell of a result. Especially in your backyard. Really excited we might have a few lads finally breaking through as a group again. 

German U19 Bundesliga is divided intop three regional divisions. 1 of these divisions sends two teams to Championship final round, the other two one each. Bayern U19 are a midtable club that one of said two divisions. In other words Bayern U 19 are an average club in German first league youth football, this result is less suitable to brag about, than you would think without knowledge off German youth football. Bayern U19 neither are nor were traditionally one of the biggest Clubs in this part of the sport, despite their name in senior football. 

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I have to admit, I've never seen this lad play. But he must be a really top prospect if Bayern are splashing that kind of money for a 17 year old. The French always seem to produce many young talents that find their way to the Bundesliga. Joining Bayern and playing with the big name players at the club, should really help him reach his potential.

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, Michael said:

I have to admit, I've never seen this lad play. But he must be a really top prospect if Bayern are splashing that kind of money for a 17 year old. The French always seem to produce many young talents that find their way to the Bundesliga. Joining Bayern and playing with the big name players at the club, should really help him reach his potential.

I too know nothing about him. Barely played any minutes last season for them under 80 mins I think is what I read but clearly very highly regarded by Rennes as well. Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

On 23/07/2022 at 17:43, Viva la FCB said:

I too know nothing about him. Barely played any minutes last season for them under 80 mins I think is what I read but clearly very highly regarded by Rennes as well. Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

There were some comments on Twitter about this being Zirkzee's spot in the squad.  Has the club given up on him?

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Coma said:

There were some comments on Twitter about this being Zirkzee's spot in the squad.  Has the club given up on him?

Its always seemed like Zirkzee's had one foot out the door. Cant tell you why but much like Chris Richards they have always been rumoured with sales and moved on for profit before given a fair shake. 

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Excellent read/interview with Sane. I believe its free of paywall as well.

https://theathletic.com/3475009/2022/08/04/leroy-sane-bayern-munich-germany/?amp=1

Just a side note for you, I went to cancel my sub because they wanted $70 US to re-up this week.  After I threatened to cancel they let me renew for $20.