Solve it

football forum

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
9 minutes ago, nudge said:

Ok, next one.

What is the highest number of triangles you can form by drawing only three triangles?

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Nope :) Show the picture, too!

Spoiler

I got the answer learning from a TV show 1 Percent Club, shown on TV a couple weeks ago.

This is the best image I can find to replicate it

triangle-comp-1580337173.jpg?resize=768:

There's obviously one big triangle. 

Then from the top point a smaller triangle to around a third of the way down, and then from the same top point another triangle going 2/3rds of the way down.

While looking at that, I've just realised that the triangles can be shaped differently inside the larger triangle.

Ill Get Back To You Reggie GIF - Ill Get Back To You Reggie Diggstown -  Discover & Share GIFs

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Hide contents

I got the answer learning from a TV show 1 Percent Club, shown on TV a couple weeks ago.

This is the best image I can find to replicate it

triangle-comp-1580337173.jpg?resize=768:

There's obviously one big triangle. 

Then from the top point a smaller triangle to around a third of the way down, and then from the same top point another triangle going 2/3rds of the way down.

While looking at that, I've just realised that the triangles can be shaped differently inside the larger triangle.

Ill Get Back To You Reggie GIF - Ill Get Back To You Reggie Diggstown -  Discover & Share GIFs

Tbh, you can do much better than that! And the idea is to draw three separate triangles - they can be inside each other of course, but it should still be 3 distinctive triangles :) 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, nudge said:

Tbh, you can do much better than that! And the idea is to draw three separate triangles - they can be inside each other of course, but it should still be 3 distinctive triangles :) 

The first 3 pictures on the top row are the separate distinctive ones!

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

The first 3 pictures on the top row are the separate distinctive ones!

I think I need more sleep, because I still don't get it xD 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I kinda tried but not that hard :ph34r:.

Hide contents

20220508_235346.jpg

I think this is only 18 too but because I drew it on my phone I can't be sure.

You're on the right path, just move the 3rd triangle inside to the outside in a similar fashion like the other two, and you'll get 30.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Took me about 2 minutes to figure it out, if you look at the first group of numbers it = 6 so I basically quickly realised each number had its own value. If you look through the chart there is series of numbers with a value of zero so we know all the 7's for example = 0 then we see all the 9's = 4 so the value of 9 = 1.

You can then also see 0 has a value of 1. Based on that I knew that 8's value must be 2 because to make the total 6 on the first line.

The last sequence of numbers has a value of 2 because the only number with a value is the number 8

0 = 1

1 = 0

2 = 0

3 = 0

4 = 0 never comes into it the code

5 = 0

6 = 1

7 = 0

8 = 2

9 = 1

I explained that badly I know but I see the solution quickly but explaining it written isn't my strongest point.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Devil said:

Took me about 2 minutes to figure it out, if you look at the first group of numbers it = 6 so I basically quickly realised each number had its own value. If you look through the chart there is series of numbers with a value of zero so we know all the 7's for example = 0 then we see all the 9's = 4 so the value of 9 = 1.

You can then also see 0 has a value of 1. Based on that I knew that 8's value must be 2 because to make the total 6 on the first line.

The last sequence of numbers has a value of 2 because the only number with a value is the number 8

0 = 1

1 = 0

2 = 0

3 = 0

4 = 0 never comes into it the code

5 = 0

6 = 1

7 = 0

8 = 2

9 = 1

I explained that badly I know but I see the solution quickly but explaining it written isn't my strongest point.

You explained it well, but there's actually a much simpler pattern there - just count the "holes" in the shapes of the numbers xD 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, nudge said:

You explained it well, but there's actually a much simpler pattern there - just count the "holes" in the shapes of the numbers xD 

Ironically, this is my reaction trying to solve it AND after seeing the solution

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, nudge said:

So does that make my solution more impressive 🤔 

Never even considered the number of holes. 🤣

Archived