talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Werder Bremen Thread

• Subscriber

We're apparently looking into signing Gladbach's Michael Lang. Wouldn't be the worst of transfers; a reliable right back who can also help out in CB or even in LB if need be. Not the most spectacular one but I don't think we're in a position to complain at this point.

22 hours ago, nudge said:

We're apparently looking into signing Gladbach's Michael Lang. Wouldn't be the worst of transfers; a reliable right back who can also help out in CB or even in LB if need be. Not the most spectacular one but I don't think we're in a position to complain at this point.

Lang is may not be a spectacular player, but he is a reliable player, who is experienced. I think that he is a good purchase for Werder, but I do think that they need to bring in one more defender at least, to help alleviate their injury crisis.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Michael said:

Lang is may not be a spectacular player, but he is a reliable player, who is experienced. I think that he is a good purchase for Werder, but I do think that they need to bring in one more defender at least, to help alleviate their injury crisis.

Doubt we'll sign any more defenders; we already spent around 15 million this summer (including Lang) and if we don't manage to get Bentaleb from Schalke I don't think we will sign anyone else before the window closes.

Just now, nudge said:

Doubt we'll sign any more defenders; we already spent around 15 million this summer (including Lang) and if we don't manage to get Bentaleb from Schalke I don't think we will sign anyone else before the window closes.

Times are obviously hard at Werder right now. Not much time before the window closes either, but they do certainly need at least 1 more new defensive addition in my opinion. You are probably right, Bentaleb is probably the last new transfer for Werder this summer, that is if they actually manage to get him.

• Subscriber

Lang deal is officially done! A one-year loan with an option to buy. Perfect really; if he does well we can always make the deal permanent but this gives us freedom to look for a young talent to be Gebre Selassie's replacement for the future.

• Subscriber

We're about to sign Leonardo Bittencourt :o

Used to be one of the players I loved to watch when he was still at Köln, we wanted him last year already but he chose Hoffenheim... It looks like the deal is as good as done now. 

Love it how it's another attacking player :4_joy: who needs defending anyway. 

2 hours ago, nudge said:

Oh and Maxi Eggestein is now injured too :dam:

I give up.

This is getting just ridiculous! At this rate I am sure that Union Berlin will beat Werder tomorrow. They beat Dortmund 3-1(although it has to be noted that Dortmund's defending was bad that day) and I think that it is more than likely that they will win again at home against injury ravaged Werder. The Berlin crowd and the Union team will see Werder there for the taking.

Werder literally now have half their squad out injured, talk about bad luck!

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Michael said:

This is getting just ridiculous! At this rate I am sure that Union Berlin will beat Werder tomorrow. They beat Dortmund 3-1(although it has to be noted that Dortmund's defending was bad that day) and I think that it is more than likely that they will win again at home against injury ravaged Werder. The Berlin crowd and the Union team will see Werder there for the taking.

Werder literally now have half their squad out injured, talk about bad luck!

It's extremely bad luck but I still think we have what it takes to win against Union - as long as nobody else gets injured while stepping out of the bus before the match haha. 

• Subscriber

Groß will get his debut in the starting XI in the Bundesliga match today :x So happy for him; he's been playing in lower divisions for all of his career and now finally gets a chance in the top league at 30 years old :D at least something positive from our injury crisis. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Werder are definitely jinxed, today Füllkrug had to be transported from the pitch  with a golf cart during training. the amount of injuries picked up from Bremen's player this season is unbelievable.

Doesn't look good either considering that's the same knee he had a surgery on just a while ago that kept him out for over 5 months.

Just awful.