talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Boxing

football forums

Posted (edited)

Great fight. I had Usyk winning the first 3 rounds, then Fury had rounds 4, 5 and 6. Fury really bullied Usyk in round 6, using his size to his advantage. But Usyk went for the jugular in round 9 and incredibly started to smash the giant Fury. It was an incredible turnaround of events, where Usyk caught Fury sweet on the nose. Fury got rocked and had the old wobbly legs. He was lucky he was saved by the bell, a few more seconds and Usyk would have gotten the KO. I thought Usyk won the rest of the rounds.

Fury at the end saying that they gave Usyk the win because of the war is a bit pathetic. I thought Usyk won fair and square and nearly knocked out Fury in the 9th. Its worth remembering that they are both elite heavyweights, but that Fury is 6 inches taller. Usyk shut those up who said the much bigger man always wins, when you have 2 elite fighters. This was a great win for Usyk and a great win for Ukraine. Usyk definitely came for Fury, as he promised he would and he delivered the goods.

Edited by Michael

Take nothing away from Usyk, but how much of the first 3 rounds he won due to Fury being a clown and throwing them away?

Fury got credit for showing heart. Why isn't Usyk getting credit for turning the fight round with a gash above his eye? He turned the tide when he was vulnerable.

Did you notice the desperation in John Furys voice in the corner in the final 3 rounds?

Anyone see Furys trainer looking seriously pissed off with him in the corner? This was in the early rounds. Looked like he was losing it with him.

22 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

USYK is a City fan, Fury United, it was written in the stars B|

City fan? So if he takes PEDs he'll get away with it 😉

53 minutes ago, MUFC said:

City fan? So if he takes PEDs he'll get away with it 😉

Undisputed world cruiserweight champion Oleksandr Usyk celebrated with the Manchester City squad after their 3-1 derby win over United on Sunday.

City fan Usyk, who knocked out Tony Bellew at the Manchester Arena on Saturday, was invited to Sunday's Premier League match at the Etihad and met up with his heroes in the home dressing room after the game.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/11552215/oleksandr-usyk-celebrates-with-man-city-squad-after-derby-win-vs-united

Lennox Lewis said that Fury behaved like n arrogant cunt who thought he had the fight won before it started. He also said that the mentally in your head should be that you've lost the close rounds, not won them.

David Haye said that Fury tried to steal rounds rather than dominating convincingly winning them. 

• Subscriber

Big fight went exactly as I expected. Fury was always going to win a few rounds in the first half of the fight then once Usyk figured the puzzle out, as he always does, he took over. The way he tires his opponents out because of his relentless constant pressure is so impressive. 

1 hour ago, MUFC said:

Lennox Lewis said that Fury behaved like n arrogant cunt who thought he had the fight won before it started. He also said that the mentally in your head should be that you've lost the close rounds, not won them.

David Haye said that Fury tried to steal rounds rather than dominating convincingly winning them. 

John Fury was a big problem talking over Sugar, the Kronk style was working in 4,5 & 6 following Hill's instruction's but his dad was telling him to do the opposite. maybe Tyson didn't have the cardio to keep the pressure on Usyk but fighting on the back foot was a big mistake. think if anyone is going to beat Usyk they have to take the fight to me and rough him up, he doesn't like them body shot does he :4_joy:

3 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

John Fury was a big problem talking over Sugar, the Kronk style was working in 4,5 & 6 following Hill's instruction's but his dad was telling him to do the opposite. maybe Tyson didn't have the cardio to keep the pressure on Usyk but fighting on the back foot was a big mistake. think if anyone is going to beat Usyk they have to take the fight to me and rough him up, he doesn't like them body shot does he :4_joy:

Taylor is a shadow of the fighter that demolished Ohara Davies and oitworked Prograis and Ramirez.

He should take the trilogy with Catterall which he’ll probably lose and then retire.

Hold on there's more coming this Saturday June 1st in Saudi. I'm expecting KO after KO after KO. Plan your fight party now and invite once again your friends, family & neighbours round (Enjoy)

Deontay Wilder vs Zhilei Zhang (Main event)

Daniel Dubois vs Filip Hrgovic
Hamzah Sheeraz vs Austin Williams
Dmitrii Bivol vs Malik Zinad
Raymond Ford vs Nick Ball
Willy Hutchinson vs Craig Richards

• Subscriber
On 26/05/2024 at 09:31, MUFC said:

Taylor is a shadow of the fighter that demolished Ohara Davies and oitworked Prograis and Ramirez.

He should take the trilogy with Catterall which he’ll probably lose and then retire.

He’s drained at that weight. I also don’t think he lives the life outside of the ring as much as others do. Such a great boxer in his prime.

37 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

He’s drained at that weight. I also don’t think he lives the life outside of the ring as much as others do. Such a great boxer in his prime.

Long as there is no long-term Catterall damage.

poor joke.

1 hour ago, MUFC said:

That's the end of Wilder's boxing career surely? A great win for Dubois yesterday though. Next for Dubois is most probably Joshua. What a fight that would be.