talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Boxing

football forum

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Feel for Ngannou, he took the fight close. Highlights how close you can get to Fury, especially with counter punching. I still think a Joshua fight is a lot closer than people think.

I don't want to take anything away from Ngannou, because he put in an excellent performance, but I think that Fury looked a little rusty, having not fought for almost a year. Joshua v Fury or Usyk v Fury should be excellent fights and they really need to happen.

8 hours ago, Michael said:

Tyson Fury narrowly beats Ngannou on a split decision, that was a close fight. Ngannou dropped Fury in the 3rd round with a hammer of a left hook and gave Fury a really good fight. On this evidence, Ngannou would make a great heavyweight boxer. It's not even his sport, but he's adapted so quickly, with more training, he could arguably become an even better boxer. Ngannou was very impressive and will have surprised a lot of people tonight as to how good he is at boxing. Ngannou is an extremely tough and powerful boxer.

I still can't believe UFC didn't pay him what he's worth. A Heavyweight Champion with an incredible back story that has heat with Dana White. There was a lot of money to be made there.

31 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Great from Adam Catterall. Worth a listen.

Him and Talk Sport are banned from all Fury events because they don’t just listen to his absolute verbal diarrhoea like the rest of the public. 

Watched the pre-fight conference. His dad acted like an utter muppet through it.

11 hours ago, Michael said:

I don't want to take anything away from Ngannou, because he put in an excellent performance, but I think that Fury looked a little rusty, having not fought for almost a year. Joshua v Fury or Usyk v Fury should be excellent fights and they really need to happen.

Yeah I think Ngannou fought well but Fury made him look a lot better than he is, I think in an actual competitive fight Fury, Joshua, Usyk, Whyte, whoever, takes real advantage of a) his lack of boxing/point scoring in the ring and b) his chin that he left wide open all night.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Danny said:

Yeah I think Ngannou fought well but Fury made him look a lot better than he is, I think in an actual competitive fight Fury, Joshua, Usyk, Whyte, whoever, takes real advantage of a) his lack of boxing/point scoring in the ring and b) his chin that he left wide open all night.

Tad confused reading this.

It was a competitive and professional point scoring bout?

1 hour ago, JoshBRFC said:

Tad confused reading this.

It was a competitive and professional point scoring bout?

It was an exhibition and Fury treated it as such. I think in a proper fight, 12 rounds, belts on the line Ngannou doesn’t get close on points

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Danny said:

It was an exhibition and Fury treated it as such. I think in a proper fight, 12 rounds, belts on the line Ngannou doesn’t get close on points

It was a professionally sanctioned fight and it counts on both records.

Ngannou was just too big for Fury and he couldn’t use his weight and size as his main advantage like he usually does. 

Massively overrated boxer, and talks of him being an all time great are laughable. 

7 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

It was a professionally sanctioned fight and it counts on both records.

Ngannou was just too big for Fury and he couldn’t use his weight and size as his main advantage like he usually does. 

Massively overrated boxer, and talks of him being an all time great are laughable. 

It was still an exhibition though, lets be real no one other than Ngannou, not even Tyson Fury, treated it like anything else.

But I do agree with the rest, too much stat padding at heavyweight, they just need to fight each other and make a good couple years of it. Fury, Joshua, Usyk, Wilder, Whyte and any other new comers. Time is running out and they shouldn’t be getting outdone by fighters at middle, welter and lightweights

Edited by Danny

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

Good card this weekend in Saudi. If the main 2 win then it sets up a nice event in 2024. 

Yeah it’s the type of card boxing needs tbh. Apparently AJ and Wilder are signing a two fight deal, should make for an interesting 2024 with Fury/Usyk coming up too!

Wilder could struggle with Parker. he's the only boxer who could beat or lose to anyone :4_joy: he cant box but has that big right cannon which makes him dangerous in any fight but i think if Parker keeps him on the back foot he has a real chance to beat Wilder the way Fury did

I've been waiting for this weekend of boxing for a while. There are some great fights lined up. The pick of which are obviously Joshua v Wallin, Wilder v Parker and Dubois v Miller.

Having knocked out another Nordic heavyweight in Robert Helenius back in August this year, Joshua now faces the Swedish boxer Otto Wallin, easily the best Nordic heavyweight around. This fight will be much tougher for Joshua and for me, this will be a real test for him. Wallin took Tyson Fury to 12 rounds, when they fought and he troubled Fury with several punches, despite losing the fight to the Brit. Wallin's last fight was a win over the much respected boxer Murat Gassiev, the former cruiserweight world champion. Wallin seems to have steadily improved since his fight against Fury as well.

Joshua is rightfully the favourite, but he faces a very tough test here and a Wallin win is possible, given that he is one of the best heavyweights out there. If Joshua wins this fight, I think it will go a long way to proving that he is still a top class heavyweight, especially if Joshua wins in style. 

The Wilder v Parker fight is also very interesting. Wilder's punching power is unrivalled by any heavyweight in the world. When he catches opponents with his swinging right fist, they inevitably get knocked out. Parker is a very competent heavyweight. He has defeated respected heavyweights in Andy Ruiz Jnr and Derek Chisora. He is a very good technical boxer ,with very good movement and speed. If Parker manages to take this fight the full 12 rounds, then he could possibly win this fight. But I just think that Wilder's power will overwhelm Parker and he will get caught by Wilder's ferocious right hook in one of the rounds, which will be the end of the night for him. So I see a Wilder KO victory in this fight. 

Lastly, the less high profile Dubois v Miller duel, should be quite intriguing. Jarrell Miller is undefeated in his professional heavyweight career, but Dubois is definitely his toughest fight yet. I believe that Dubois has really improved as a boxer and I think that he wins here against the American Miller, by way of a KO.

20 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Wilder could struggle with Parker. he's the only boxer who could beat or lose to anyone :4_joy: he cant box but has that big right cannon which makes him dangerous in any fight but i think if Parker keeps him on the back foot he has a real chance to beat Wilder the way Fury did

That's just it though, I don't think that Parker will manage to keep away from that big right hand cannon of Wilder's for 12 rounds. So I see him falling and losing before the 12th round finishes. The Joshua v Wallin fight will probably be closer in my opinion. If Joshua gets a KO in that fight, that will be a bit of a statement, because Wallin has never been KO'd in his career, not even in his only loss as a professional boxer against Tyson Fury. 

4 hours ago, Michael said:

That's just it though, I don't think that Parker will manage to keep away from that big right hand cannon of Wilder's for 12 rounds. So I see him falling and losing before the 12th round finishes. The Joshua v Wallin fight will probably be closer in my opinion. If Joshua gets a KO in that fight, that will be a bit of a statement, because Wallin has never been KO'd in his career, not even in his only loss as a professional boxer against Tyson Fury. 

Wilder will probably ko him tbf, Parker is on the decline. AJ is going to leave Wallin in a heap of his own piss, blood and shit early doors though in a totally one sided onslaught 

Edited by Happy Blue

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

Wilder will probably ko him tbf, Parker is on the decline. AJ is going to leave Wallin in a heap of his own piss, blood and shit early doors though in a totally one sided onslaught 

Mate, Joshua took 7 rounds to KO Helenius. Wallin is a much better boxer than Helenius. If Joshua KO's Wallin in the early rounds as you suggest, then I will be very impressed. However, somehow I feel this will be a much tougher fight for Joshua. I mean Joshua should win, he is the favourite, but I suspect that Joshua will probably KO Wallin in the later rounds or he will win on points. 

57 minutes ago, Michael said:

Mate, Joshua took 7 rounds to KO Helenius. Wallin is a much better boxer than Helenius. If Joshua KO's Wallin in the early rounds as you suggest, then I will be very impressed. However, somehow I feel this will be a much tougher fight for Joshua. I mean Joshua should win, he is the favourite, but I suspect that Joshua will probably KO Wallin in the later rounds or he will win on points. 

Yeah i just think AJ is going to run over this guy and be far less cautious like he has been recently, will be surprised if Wallin lasts more than 7 rounds

• Subscriber

Jai is amazing, he will unify at cruiser and then be a heavyweight champ. I see a similar path to that of Usyk. 

Mark de Mori should never have been in there in the fight before the above. 

Good card though, not even watched the big premier league game, boxing always wins, over any sport B|.