talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Boxing

football forum

23 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

I think it's time for Del to call it a day

It was time about four fights ago.

Feel genuinely worried for him and his health but Hearn us rolling him out on cards for his name alone as its a big name on the under card.

Edited by Devil

21 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Helenius was moving backwards too which would of taken some of the sting off it. if he'd of walked into that he'd still be knocked out now :4_joy:

Very true, Helenius was much more cautious throughout this fight, compared to how he was in the few minutes he had in the ring with Wilder. He walked into the Wilder punch and was unconscious for a few minutes, I think he was looking to avoid a similar outcome against Joshua, by being much more cautious in his approach. But ultimately Joshua broke him down patiently and methodically. Then of course Joshua went in for the killer punch, which even Helenius's retreats couldn't avoid.

I think the possible Joshua v Wilder fight will be closer than a lot of people think. You have a lot of people saying Wilder is just too powerful for Joshua. But Joshua is the better boxer and he proved against Helenius, that the power in his punch isn't far off that of Wilders. It should be a very intriguing fight, if and when they finally get round to arranging it.

Edited by Michael

2 hours ago, Michael said:

Very true, Helenius was much more cautious throughout this fight, compared to how he was in the few minutes he had in the ring with Wilder. He walked into the Wilder punch and was unconscious for a few minutes, I think he was looking to avoid a similar outcome against Joshua, by being much more cautious in his approach. But ultimately Joshua broke him down patiently and methodically. Then of course Joshua went in for the killer punch, which even Helenius's retreats couldn't avoid.

I think the possible Joshua v Wilder fight will be closer than a lot of people think. You have a lot of people saying Wilder is just too powerful for Joshua. But Joshua is the better boxer and he proved against Helenius, that the power in his punch isn't far off that of Wilders. It should be a very intriguing fight, if and when they finally get round to arranging it.

Think who ever lands that big punch first wins in the AJ vs Wilder fight, if Fury can beat him so can AJ, just needs to keep him on the back foot, keep the pressure on him and use his weight advantage to rough him up

Looking forward to seeing Usyk Saturday.

I fancy Dubois to give him an early scare but Usyk to take control of the fight from Round 3 or 4 and pick off his shots.

Could go the distance in fairness but if it does, Usyk cruises it on points.

On 25/08/2023 at 02:06, Lucas said:

Looking forward to seeing Usyk Saturday.

I fancy Dubois to give him an early scare but Usyk to take control of the fight from Round 3 or 4 and pick off his shots.

Could go the distance in fairness but if it does, Usyk cruises it on points.

Well I hope that you enjoyed the fight. Usyk dominated as usual, with another master class performance, where he dictated the fight against the bigger man and where Usyk was always on the front foot. Usyk clearly hurt Dubois bad in the 8th round and Usyk's KO of Dubois in the 9th round at that point was a formality. Any cries from Frank Warren and Don Charles that that punch in the 5th round wasn't a low blow, smack on desperation. They need to stop whinging and take defeat like men. Their boy Dubois was comprehensibly outclassed. It was clearly a low blow, as the punch was below Usyk's navel. Usyk won every round of that fight against Dubois, with the exception of maybe that 5th round, as it was disrupted by that desperate low blow. Dubois was simply outclassed by Usyk, we all saw who the superior fighter was.

Usyk is the destroyer of top British boxers. Usyk has already demolished Bellew, Chisora, Joshua(twice!) and now he  has KO'd the big punching Dubois in the 9th Round. There's one more British heavyweight who needs to stop running away from the Ukrainian Cossack, he needs to stop making excuses and either put up or shut up. 

Edited by Michael

18 minutes ago, Danny said:

That was a masterclass from Eubank, didn’t expect that after the first fight. Fair play

Yeah, Chris Eubank Jnr got his revenge, he completely dominated and demolished Liam Smith in the ring tonight. He won every round and landed so many punches on Liam, before the final TKO won him the fight. Eubank looked really good tonight with that win.

Edited by Michael

I'd be happy to watch a trilogy fight between the two, both struggled physically in different fights, it'd be good to see them both at the races together. @JoshBRFC makes a good point about Eubank not taking Smith out, his power never really used to be a problem for him.

I think Eubank will move onto the Benn fight as another loss kills that fight, maybe Kell Brook too. But I can't see anything happening between him and triple G, would be good to see him come back to this fight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 24/09/2023 at 05:24, MUFC said:

Audley Joyce Harrison.

Was only 2 fights ago that he was being hailed as the 2nd best heavyweight in the world by the casuals xD.

Both losses come as no surprise. He’s so so basic, in comparison to the top 3 in AJ Usyk and Fury. And also quite a few below them that are head and shoulders above him to be honest. 

On 26/09/2023 at 09:36, JoshBRFC said:

Was only 2 fights ago that he was being hailed as the 2nd best heavyweight in the world by the casuals xD.

Both losses come as no surprise. He’s so so basic, in comparison to the top 3 in AJ Usyk and Fury. And also quite a few below them that are head and shoulders above him to be honest. 

Fury vs Usyk.

October 28th live from Saudi Arabia

Tyson Fury Vs. Francis Ngannou

Joseph Parker Vs. Simon Kean
Martin Bakole Vs. Carlos Takam
Fabio Wardley Vs. David Adeleye
Arslanbek Makhmudov Vs. Agron Smakici

***** Afternoon fight in America/Canada.

*** Oleksandr Usyk vs Tyson Fury Undisputed heavyweight bout has been signed.

Edited by quickeyg
Not allowed to embed links.

• 4 weeks later...

Tyson Fury narrowly beats Ngannou on a split decision, that was a close fight. Ngannou dropped Fury in the 3rd round with a hammer of a left hook and gave Fury a really good fight. On this evidence, Ngannou would make a great heavyweight boxer. It's not even his sport, but he's adapted so quickly, with more training, he could arguably become an even better boxer. Ngannou was very impressive and will have surprised a lot of people tonight as to how good he is at boxing. Ngannou is an extremely tough and powerful boxer.