talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Boxing

football forum

5 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

How good was last weeks PPV on Sky? Everyone loves to slag off Eddie Hearn but he puts on brilliant shows time and time again and doesn't force any of you to buy them.

I've not seen it yet but i hear Whyte v Parker was a cracker. Gonna give it a watch this weekend.

Is your tongue constantly lodged up Eddie's backside, Josh? 😂

6 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

How good was last weeks PPV on Sky? Everyone loves to slag off Eddie Hearn but he puts on brilliant shows time and time again and doesn't force any of you to buy them.

Who in here has constantly slagged him off, if at all? 😂 Come on mate no need to brown nose him

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, LFCMike said:

I've not seen it yet but i hear Whyte v Parker was a cracker. Gonna give it a watch this weekend.

Is your tongue constantly lodged up Eddie's backside, Josh? 😂

7 hours ago, Danny said:

Who in here has constantly slagged him off, if at all? 😂 Come on mate no need to brown nose him

In one of my group chats with my mates my nickname is Eddie 😂

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Feel like this fight is far too soon for Fury, but he's been known to step up to the competition ahead of him so who knows.

I'd have a fighting fit Fury beat Wilder, but now it'll probably be a lot closer.

Either way this will set up a mega fight with AJ.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Danny said:

Feel like this fight is far too soon for Fury, but he's been known to step up to the competition ahead of him so who knows.

I'd have a fighting fit Fury beat Wilder, but now it'll probably be a lot closer.

Either way this will set up a mega fight with AJ.

Yeah I agree, the fight might be too soon. He's had two fights since his comeback against poor opposition. Pianeta was stopped by Kevin Johnson less than a year ago. That sort of opposition isn't going to prepare him for this

• Subscriber

So bored of hearing Fury just CONSTANTLY digging AJ and Eddie Hearn. Wilder and Fury have used AJ's name to stay relevant this year. 

Be good to see the fight though, i'd love both Fury and Wilder to get knocked out but definitely prefer to see the British man take the W. It was a bigger shock when he beat Wlad so he can beat Wilder. Either way, whoever wins it sets up that big date with AJ. 

21 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

So bored of hearing Fury just CONSTANTLY digging AJ and Eddie Hearn. Wilder and Fury have used AJ's name to stay relevant this year. 

Be good to see the fight though, i'd love both Fury and Wilder to get knocked out but definitely prefer to see the British man take the W. It was a bigger shock when he beat Wlad so he can beat Wilder. Either way, whoever wins it sets up that big date with AJ. 

It's all a pantomime, want to see some real hatred out there. Mike Tyson style.

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Danny said:

It's all a pantomime, want to see some real hatred out there. Mike Tyson style.

Definitely mate. I love the fight between Fury and Wilder but they don't need to pretend anything. They were in each others faces and then hugging and kissing 5 minutes later.

1 minute ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Definitely mate. I love the fight between Fury and Wilder but they don't need to pretend anything. They were in each others faces and then hugging and kissing 5 minutes later.

Fury's dad had a pop at Wilder, it's more like a soap opera. But it sells.

• 3 weeks later...

What a few weeks we have coming up. I'm not really that bothered about the Khan fight tonight but will probably have it on cos I'm in. From next week though it's going to be quality

15 Sept Golovkin v Canelo, 22 Sept Joshua v Povetkin, 28 Sept Groves v Smith

3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

What a few weeks we have coming up. I'm not really that bothered about the Khan fight tonight but will probably have it on cos I'm in. From next week though it's going to be quality

And fortunately for me I can finally watch some good boxing at a reasonable time (Canelo Golovkin)

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

All PPV though... That would set you back approx £50 to watch boxing, at home, on the TV. Absurd.

GGG v Canelo is the best of the lot but £17 for a fight with no Brits in that'll start at 4am, I think BT have had a mare here. It surely won't do good numbers.

Khan's vulnerability always makes his fights interesting.

28 minutes ago, Marc said:

All PPV though... That would set you back approx £50 to watch boxing, at home, on the TV. Absurd.

GGG v Canelo is the best of the lot but £17 for a fight with no Brits in that'll start at 4am, I think BT have had a mare here. It surely won't do good numbers.

Khan's vulnerability always makes his fights interesting.

Oh yeah, no way I'll be paying for all of them. Probably only do the one at the end of the month.

Yeah didn't know GGG Canelo was that much.  It won't sell well at that price. Was the first fight PPV? I was away for that so watched it in some bar in Malta

This is why we have streams anyway :whistling:

Fair play to Bellew, could easily retire with the money he's made from those two fights.

I want GGG to win tomorrow just because of the drugs issue, but I think Canelo might win. If he does then it will conclude the biggest robbery in recent history as no unbiased observer could call that last fight anything other than a GGG win. I did like how Canelo fought however, was very slick and entertaining even if it wasn't the bust up that people expected.