talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Boxing

football forum

• Subscriber

Why are people complaining about this I don’t get it? Interesting fight with 2 popular characters. 

So many questions around the rematch and it’s now more of a 50/50 fight than the first one, should be a good scrap. Looking forward to it!

46 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Why are people complaining about this I don’t get it? Interesting fight with 2 popular characters. 

So many questions around the rematch and it’s now more of a 50/50 fight than the first one, should be a good scrap. Looking forward to it!

The whole build up is just tedious to be honest. I'll still stream it and I'll be hoping Bellew retires Haye but I'm not really that bothered about the main event.

They've managed to get some decent fights on the undercard though. Shame Butler failed to make the weight. Disappointing from him.

Haye has made some proper money from Bellew, didn't see the fight but highlights show Bellew knocked him down a couple of times before his leg went?

I definitely wouldn't have paid for this fight mind, even when he was fighting on Dave you could tell he didn't have the David Haye of old in him.

Bellew can be fucking tedious to listen to at times but the fact is everything he said in the buildup to these 2 fights was absolutely true.

Gotta give him credit for calling Haye out in the first place and making himself an absolute fortune, that's clearly what his intentions were in the first place.

6 minutes ago, Danny said:

Haye has made some proper money from Bellew, didn't see the fight but highlights show Bellew knocked him down a couple of times before his leg went?

I definitely wouldn't have paid for this fight mind, even when he was fighting on Dave you could tell he didn't have the David Haye of old in him.

Bellew caught him with a beautiful counter shot that finished him to be fair.

• Subscriber
On 5/5/2018 at 23:02, LFCMike said:

Hopefully Haye can fuck off and stop conning everyone now

It was embarrassing, but i felt sorry for him it wasn't good to see. He was a class act in his prime and Bellew wouldn't have stood a chance. However fair play to him for what he's achieved in his career in the last few years, he's improved so so much.

On 5/5/2018 at 23:28, Teso dos Bichos said:

Triple G via knockout tonight... You know, what he was supposed to do to canelo but was too scared of the Canelo's counter punches.

Boring. Easy fight for GGG as expected. I don't even want him to fight Canelo to be honest, fucking corrupt cheating cunt. First fight pissed me off with the ridiculous scorecards then he gets caught being a drug cheat and only gets a few month ban.... shambolic.

On 5/5/2018 at 23:59, UNORTHODOX said:

Bellew can be fucking tedious to listen to at times but the fact is everything he said in the buildup to these 2 fights was absolutely true.

Gotta give him credit for calling Haye out in the first place and making himself an absolute fortune, that's clearly what his intentions were in the first place.

Bellew still has a big fight left in him, and i think he will have one more. The 2 Haye fights have made him a household name. That's why he called him out in the first place, and fair play to him.

https://worldboxingsuperseries.com/burnett-rodriguez-tete-sign-season-ii/

You'd imagine the winner of McDonnell v Inoue will follow.

Going back to this years SMW tournament, there was a rumour yesterday that Groves is out of the final and will be replaced by Eubank Jr. Nothing else since though do hopefully nothing in it

EDIT: Groves given ten days to prove fitness.

Edited by LFCMike

7 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

What are the rules of match making? Surely Povetkin has a right to know whether he has his mandatory shot by now, he is only getting older and more disadvantaged the longer it goes. Which is better for Joshua of course.

I don't think age will matter much, he wasn't far off of betting beaten by Price.

7 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

What are the rules of match making? Surely Povetkin has a right to know whether he has his mandatory shot by now, he is only getting older and more disadvantaged the longer it goes. Which is better for Joshua of course.

Last I read they had 30 days to agree a deal and then it goes to purse bids. I'm sure those 30 days are up so fuck knows where they're up to.

Missed the first five rounds of Linares v Lomachenko. Switched it on just before Loma went down in the sixth. Even with the knockdown Lomachenko seemed in complete control to me. Lovely shot to finish it in the 10th

7 hours ago, Danny said:

I don't think age will matter much, he wasn't far off of betting beaten by Price.

Got greedy because the fight was so easy and got caught but he was clearly a class above. Don't think he would beat Joshua but think he would go for it at least, would be a good fight. 

On 15/05/2018 at 21:32, JOSHBRFC said:

So where are all the Heard haters at?

Billion pound deal. Fair play to the man, changes boxing for the better in the UK and he will now do the same in America. 

Come on Josh no need to brown nose him :D

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Cracker this Selby v Warrington fight. Superb performance from Warrington. Thought Selby would win this comfortably so fair play

I couldn't really predict as I've never seen Warrington fight but Selby is good so this ain't a bad win. Big fight against Frampton to come up. Selby said a lot before the fight will be interesting to see the interviews

• Subscriber

Fair play to Warrington I thought it would be easy for Selby. I do think the cuts early on had a massive impact, but not as much of an impact of him making weight and looking mega drained. He confirmed he’s moving up in weight and it’s the right decision.