talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Donald Trump

football forums

7 hours ago, Harry said:

Sounds like trump has achieved "Complete and Total EXONERRATION!" overnight in the Mueller report. 

A little bit unexpected given the details of Roger Stone's communication with wikileaks.

I have followed this from time to time, and even in the initial days it seemed like a lost cause for the Dems and anti-Trumpers to support. And yet they not only did it, but went into overdrive. 

Kudos to the people, especially in the media, who made a quick buck out of it and maximised their brand names. They were what many are doing since Trump's election. But if you really care about dislodging Trump from the White House, then this was the worst issue to concentrate on. And now, he gets to solidify his support after the findings. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

I have followed this from time to time, and even in the initial days it seemed like a lost cause for the Dems and anti-Trumpers to support. And yet they not only did it, but went into overdrive. 

Kudos to the people, especially in the media, who made a quick buck out of it and maximised their brand names. They were what many are doing since Trump's election. But if you really care about dislodging Trump from the White House, then this was the worst issue to concentrate on. And now, he gets to solidify his support after the findings. 

It's one of those good examples of people soaking up something that either conforms to their predetermined beliefs or is sensational. 

That said it's also reasonably plausible given the Paul Manifort connections.

And there could yet still be another chapter.

Bottom line tho is nothing Russia or Wikileaks did had more impact than James Comeys two interventions in July and early November. 

The report would pretty damning for anyone but Trump, as we already know so much of his activities it's going to be a stretch to get anything worse out of any report. The divide is so ensconsed that people simply don't care how uncouth, stupid, ignorant or risible he is, the only way is to frustrate him through congress and then win the next election. That requires a good candidate.

Mueller's report: "while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him".

Trump: "complete and total EXONERATION!"

Those are both verbatim - and there's what 7 federal investigations still going on that stemmed from this probe.

The notion that a country with a smaller GDP than Brazil´s could conspire with a clown like Trump without being discovered by the american intelligence agencies always seemed extravagant, to say the least. 

But at least it served to hacks like Louise Mensch, John Schindler, Rick Wilson to make some profit on the "Russiagate." There´s a lot to criticize Trump without needing to resort to crazy conspiracy theories and lies. 

I truly hate how some "experts" used the fears and anxieties of normal people to make an easy profit. Disgusting.

Nonfiction! xD

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

My goodness the meltdown in the media is hilarious. Never seen so many actors and actress take on politics on Twitter. 

That’s precisely why I’m more pro Trump than anti Trump. 

I’m sensible enough to know he’s a bit of a cunt. But I’m also sensible enough to know that he upsets other cunts that try to pretend they’re not cunts hence total meltdown. Small scale on here it’s just people who’ve gotten to close to it and are blinkered in their view now @Dr. Gonzo and will jump on anything and won’t let go of it. 

58 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

That’s precisely why I’m more pro Trump than anti Trump. 

I’m sensible enough to know he’s a bit of a cunt. But I’m also sensible enough to know that he upsets other cunts that try to pretend they’re not cunts hence total meltdown. Small scale on here it’s just people who’ve gotten to close to it and are blinkered in their view now @Dr. Gonzo and will jump on anything and won’t let go of it. 

You're more pro Trump because you're a right wing populist

12 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

You're more pro Trump because you're a right wing populist

Nope I prefer Trump because you can work him out, like him or loathe him you work out his motives and some can be as simple as his ego. 

I dislike career politicians who have no convictions or morals and latch onto whatever populist ideal (although that’s now dirty when it’s employed by the right) leach off it in almost vampiric fashion then jettison it the moment it’s not and completely flip flop from pr exercise to pr exercise all to build up their fame and momentum to one day get the top job. They care nothing other than their own self interests and they don’t give a fuck about lasting damage or what they destroy along the way. 

Although he’s a bit of a fruit, I like that Trump just came along and beat Hillary probably the worst of them all. That’s why they hate him so they fear him. 

2 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Nope I prefer Trump because you can work him out, like him or loathe him you work out his motives and some can be as simple as his ego. 

I dislike career politicians who have no convictions or morals and latch onto whatever populist ideal (although that’s now dirty when it’s employed by the right) leach off it in almost vampiric fashion then jettison it the moment it’s not and completely flip flop from pr exercise to pr exercise all to build up their fame and momentum to one day get the top job. They care nothing other than their own self interests and they don’t give a fuck about lasting damage or what they destroy along the way. 

Although he’s a bit of a fruit, I like that Trump just came along and beat Hillary probably the worst of them all. That’s why they hate him so they fear him. 

Yeah and it has absolutely nothing to do with you sharing his worldview or politics xD

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

My goodness the meltdown in the media is hilarious. Never seen so many actors and actress take on politics on Twitter. 

2 hours ago, El Profesor said:

The notion that a country with a smaller GDP than Brazil´s could conspire with a clown like Trump without being discovered by the american intelligence agencies always seemed extravagant, to say the least. 

But at least it served to hacks like Louise Mensch, John Schindler, Rick Wilson to make some profit on the "Russiagate." There´s a lot to criticize Trump without needing to resort to crazy conspiracy theories and lies. 

I truly hate how some "experts" used the fears and anxieties of normal people to make an easy profit. Disgusting.

Nonfiction! xD

Rachel Maddow to add to that. She actually cried on air over the finding. I read somewhere that she makes 10 million a year. No wonder you continue doing this kinda shitty journalism.

Also the point about raising fear is the same everywhere. Instead of targeting the politician's policies or citing facts they are more interested in creating a narrative. 

Tim Pool has been making a real good point since yesterday. These individuals were no different to Alex Jones in cooking daft conspiracies. 

The bigger point remains that there are several issues on which you can corner or criticise Trump, but these people are actually going to help him win in 2020.

With Avenatti's arrest things have become worse for these same people. 

3 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

The bigger point remains that there are several issues on which you can corner or criticise Trump, but these people are actually going to help him win in 2020.

This, This and This. 

13 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah and it has absolutely nothing to do with you sharing his worldview or politics xD

Lol not massively, I’m more sympathetic to a nationalist than most though so I’ll not contest it all night. Anyway have some memes 🤣 I’m fucking howling at the meltdown online over it

0850794A-9453-4993-8960-DEF17FE25898.jpeg

A544281D-607A-4B11-A5D1-D7F60A02AE19.jpeg

9B02DFC4-965E-4850-A40E-A4A594B8878B.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

They often make much more valid points. 

I think the FYRE one is genius personally 

The fyre one the best one of those 3.

The Hillary one doesn't really make sense, because while Mueller didn't find Trump-Russia collusion - he also didn't find any Russia-Hillary connections. Also weren't people saying if Hillary was elected, there would be greater tensions between the US and Russia? That one's not the best meme.

The we're gonna need a bigger boat one's a bit good - but despite what Trump said about total exoneration... Barr's summary of Mueller's report pretty explicitly does say "not exonerated" and because there's 7 investigations remaining, you could argue they've now got 7 things they can use as Trump distractions.

But the Fyre one is class, I'll give you that.

16 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

That’s precisely why I’m more pro Trump than anti Trump

Mate. Your anger at these others is driving your vote towards a party openly interested in fucking you as hard as possible. 

The economic policy side of the right wing of politics in the USA is so greatly to the detriment of the common people that they are basically unelectable despite how unpalatable the left are. (A subject I happily rant about at will) 

Since Trump came in he's cut taxes in a way that disproportionately benefits those at the top and is projected to add 8tn to the debt over the next ten years widening a deficit that was already a structural one. They've appointed two conservative justices to the supreme court that puts to rest any hope of a rollback of Citizens United (the most anti people of rulings) or hopes of ending gerrymandering or draining the swamp for a generation. 

Your disdain for Clinton is sure to have been influenced by all the hate pieces you've read. That's pretty common. Thats another huge success of American Republicans who turned away from the light in the middle of Bill Clinton's presidency and have been hostile character assassins since. 

The Hillary Clinton takedown began the moment they identified her as the presumptive nominee in the early 2000's. All first hand accounts of people who actually knew her spoke of a warm and compassionate person who actually gave a fuck. And on policy she was on board with implementing shit that was in the best interests of the majority of Americans working within the limits of the existing system. She stood for incremental change, and stable sensible government. It was an underwhelming offering but less likely to fall short of expectations than darling orator Barry O.

The only way i can understand a person voting for the US Republican party in a way that is warranted: 

A) I am part of the 1% that benefits

B) Bring on the hunger games style future they are aiming to create

C) yeah they're fucking me on economic policy but at least I'll have assault rifles and bazuukas so I can do something about it

Honestly though I think the main reason people do is majestically well crafted misdirected anger. 

55 minutes ago, Harry said:

The only way i can understand a person voting for the US Republican party in a way that is warranted: 

A) I am part of the 1% that benefits

B) Bring on the hunger games style future they are aiming to create

C) yeah they're fucking me on economic policy but at least I'll have assault rifles and bazuukas so I can do something about it

Honestly though I think the main reason people do is majestically well crafted misdirected anger. 

Religious twats as well

7 hours ago, Harry said:

Mate. Your anger at these others is driving your vote towards a party openly interested in fucking you as hard as possible. 

The economic policy side of the right wing of politics in the USA is so greatly to the detriment of the common people that they are basically unelectable despite how unpalatable the left are. (A subject I happily rant about at will) 

Since Trump came in he's cut taxes in a way that disproportionately benefits those at the top and is projected to add 8tn to the debt over the next ten years widening a deficit that was already a structural one. They've appointed two conservative justices to the supreme court that puts to rest any hope of a rollback of Citizens United (the most anti people of rulings) or hopes of ending gerrymandering or draining the swamp for a generation. 

Your disdain for Clinton is sure to have been influenced by all the hate pieces you've read. That's pretty common. Thats another huge success of American Republicans who turned away from the light in the middle of Bill Clinton's presidency and have been hostile character assassins since. 

The Hillary Clinton takedown began the moment they identified her as the presumptive nominee in the early 2000's. All first hand accounts of people who actually knew her spoke of a warm and compassionate person who actually gave a fuck. And on policy she was on board with implementing shit that was in the best interests of the majority of Americans working within the limits of the existing system. She stood for incremental change, and stable sensible government. It was an underwhelming offering but less likely to fall short of expectations than darling orator Barry O.

I’m British in Britain I give 0 fucks about America economic policy. Also my disdain for Clinton is based on the fact she’s a total cunt, a warmonger and a liar. Not to mention a ruthless piece of shit. 

I like Trump because he’s a character it’s been comedy gold for 3 years watching from afar. 

Archived