talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you playing?

football forum

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Ghost of Tsushima and NiOh 2(this one I am definitely looking forward to)

Didn't Lirik finally beat it? I am avoiding watching streams so I can play the game as it was meant to be played. Also, you're right about hard AF, if you think engaging two enemies is a good idea without some kind of gameplan to eradicate one of them quick you'll get mothered very very fast. Met a mini-boss with two bars and thought meh can't be that hard till he gave me a walloping. I then went back and did it Nioh style where you wait for openings and while it took 15 minutes it was so gratifying. 

Not sure if he did I just checked in and out when I could over the weekend on him. Yeah thats fair, i wont say too much but yeah all the boss fights I saw looked insane. Dunkey was shitting all over the stealth mechanics/interactions. .rather hilariously watch it when you finish the game.

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

After finishing Sekiro I finally moved over to the new Mortal Kombat and its been a while since I have actually played something from the series but is it common to have a bot fight the Towers and grind for you? Seems a bit illogical and imbalanced considering there are people with some serious stats and here I am sitting here wondering whether they actually played the game or let the bot do all the grinding.

4 hours ago, Mel81x said:

After finishing Sekiro I finally moved over to the new Mortal Kombat and its been a while since I have actually played something from the series but is it common to have a bot fight the Towers and grind for you? Seems a bit illogical and imbalanced considering there are people with some serious stats and here I am sitting here wondering whether they actually played the game or let the bot do all the grinding.

Not sure if it's the same thing but there have been articles mentioning how grindy things like the Krypt and Tower of Time are. 

https://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2019/04/24/mortal-kombat-11-improvements-koming-to-towers-of-time-and-krypt-rewards

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Not sure if it's the same thing but there have been articles mentioning how grindy things like the Krypt and Tower of Time are. 

https://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2019/04/24/mortal-kombat-11-improvements-koming-to-towers-of-time-and-krypt-rewards

yeah they are grindy but the thing is that some of them are so varied from the rest and offer good challenges too. What does concern me is how people just let the bots do all the fighting.

• 2 weeks later...

Starting playing Sea of Thieves with my friends again. They've added a lot to the game, which is good because that was my biggest criticism of the game - probably should have held off on releasing until they added more stuff to do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
19 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Been waiting for months to play Metro Exodus, had it in the wrapper but never opened due to playing RDR2. Booted it up and it's froze twice in an hour, apparently it's a known fault with the game - ffs.

They didnt patch it? Surprising. I have it downloaded just never played it was thinking of having a run this weekend.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Just had a nice little run on the Switch with Operation C that is a part of the Konami Anniversary Contra bundle. What a good trip down memory lane. The other additions are great as well like the original Contra variants and Hard Corps as well. 

Few days ago, started playing the latest Grand tourismo on PS4, is online you have to pay but I am playing via a free 2 week trial. At first was hard, because I was playing it like I would F1 on PS4, using the kerbs and late breaking etc. Have got use to it and am very impressed, even so it has been out for a while.

With The Elder Scrolls 6 coming out in 2020, been thinking about buying Skyrim again and all it's DLC's. Round Septemberish. 

Can anyone recommend affordable, but good quality gaming headsets? I sound like a nerd, but Skyrim is worth it. 

On 20/06/2019 at 07:34, Cicero said:

With The Elder Scrolls 6 coming out in 2020, been thinking about buying Skyrim again and all it's DLC's. Round Septemberish. 

Can anyone recommend affordable, but good quality gaming headsets? I sound like a nerd, but Skyrim is worth it. 

Headset for PC or console?

Because with a PC on Skyrim... I'd recommend just using a nice pair of headphones rather than a dedicated gaming headset. But if you want/need a gaming headset with a microphone for other games as well as Skyrim... well then, what's your budget mate? I've got an Turtle Beach set for my Xbox... it's not the best, but it's better than some of the other headsets I had that were a bit cheaper (but not that much cheaper) and I'm happy with it.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Headset for PC or console?

Because with a PC on Skyrim... I'd recommend just using a nice pair of headphones rather than a dedicated gaming headset. But if you want/need a gaming headset with a microphone for other games as well as Skyrim... well then, what's your budget mate? I've got an Turtle Beach set for my Xbox... it's not the best, but it's better than some of the other headsets I had that were a bit cheaper (but not that much cheaper) and I'm happy with it.

PS4 (I know PC is way better)

Range 20-30 dollars

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

PS4 (I know PC is way better)

Range 20-30 dollars

This is 7 days old, but if this sale is still going on: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/a-great-gaming-headset-is-on-sale-for-30-at-best-b/1100-6467958/

IMO the headsets you can get for 20-30 are going to be significantly shittier than the ones you can get for $50-60 (on average), so that's a good deal.

• Thanks 1

• Subscriber
On 20/06/2019 at 20:04, Cicero said:

Sorry missed this one completely. I'd go with Turtlebeach  in that price range

https://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Beach-compatible-controller-Playstation-4/dp/B00YXO5UKY/ref=sr_1_13?keywords=ps4%2Bheadset&qid=1562136767&s=gateway&sr=8-13&th=1

If you've got a bit more budget 5 - 10 dollars you can get something long-term from Corsair and their HyperX series. Most of their headsets are very good and cheap too. 

https://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Cloud-Stinger-Gaming-Headset/dp/B01L2ZRYVE/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=corsair+hyperx+ps4&qid=1562136835&s=gateway&sr=8-5

I'd personally avoid companies like Razer as they have a tendency to just give way in the lower segments and you'll be spending more time in RMA than enjoying the headset.

• Thanks 1

• Subscriber

Terribly tempted to get the new Wolfenstein game but I am past the halfway mark in the new Metro game so I'll finish that first and get it. Haven't heard too many nice things about it but I like the previous iteration a lot so ill give it a try.

On 20/06/2019 at 15:53, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Completed that yesterday. Now on to Leon's side. 

And I finally competed that as well. Tried the extra modes to see what they were like and quite liked them. Reminded me of the modes on Resi 3 all those years ago. 

Very difficult mind. Can only do them on the 'training' mode as the main one is basically Capcom giving you the middle finger. 

On 03/07/2019 at 04:07, Mel81x said:

Terribly tempted to get the new Wolfenstein game but I am past the halfway mark in the new Metro game so I'll finish that first and get it. Haven't heard too many nice things about it but I like the previous iteration a lot so ill give it a try.

You mean the sequel to the Wolfenstein reboot?

It's a much better game than the new Metro (which is a bit of a letdown tbh, maybe it's because the previous too raised the bar so high).

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Started Cuphead. Really liking it so far, though can already see how hard people have said and that's just the beginning. :(

What platform are you playing it on?