talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Newcastle 1-0 Chelsea - Saturday 12th November, 2022

football forum

Chelsea will end up in a cycle of manager after manager if they are weak and give into the cry babies.   There will be growing pains and the fans need to commit at very least this and next season to potter and back him.   They also need a proper director of football and chief scout to make football decisions. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Waylander said:

I would agree unless of course the crowd turn on him.

Crowd turned on Sarri and Roman/Marina gave him until the end of the season whilst wanting him to stay. 

Boehly is also known (apparently) for giving his coaches/managers a lot of time. Think the coach of the Dodgers has been there for 10 years or something. 

22 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Crowd turned on Sarri and Roman/Marina gave him until the end of the season whilst wanting him to stay. 

Boehly is also known (apparently) for giving his coaches/managers a lot of time. Think the coach of the Dodgers has been there for 10 years or something. 

6 years but he's also got the highest winning percentage of all Dodgers coaches since 1890 & they've been first in their division for the 5 of the 6 years he's been their manager. It's easy to stick with a manager that's doing really well tbh.

24 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Good to know on Boehly.

Re Potters style, I think until he gets some new bodies in we won't know.

We don't have much pace in midfield with Jorginho and Reuben Loftus-Cheek and that issue has been a problem for a while only working when Kante or Kovacic is fit. Looking grim unless we can get a decent player in the centre.

20 minutes ago, Waylander said:

Good to know on Boehly.

Re Potters style, I think until he gets some new bodies in we won't know.

We don't have much pace in midfield with Jorginho and Reuben Loftus-Cheek and that issue has been a problem for a while only working when Kante or Kovacic is fit. Looking grim unless we can get a decent player in the centre.

If Potter goes into January and the summer making CM an utmost priority, then he's already shown why he should be trusted long term. 

I like Tuchel, but him failing to address our midfield over the summer had me fearful in his ability to rebuild a team. Put far, far too much faith on Kovacic and Kante when they are both injury prone. 

I can't see Potter going anywhere anytime soon... He came in to a team that was put together without his input for starters and we all knew that this team was going to struggle because we just papered over the cracks of what was a terrible transfer window... Add on to that a number of injuries we have that have not helped matters and some suspect tactics and it is what it is... He would need at least the January and summer transfer windows to target the players he thinks will do a decent job for him before we can truly assess the situation.. 

It's way too early to be calling for his head and we need to be moving away from this revolving door where managers are concerned, I appreciate that that policy has helped us win things in the past but some stability would be nice for a change.. 

18 hours ago, Cicero said:

If Potter goes into January and the summer making CM an utmost priority, then he's already shown why he should be trusted long term. 

I like Tuchel, but him failing to address our midfield over the summer had me fearful in his ability to rebuild a team. Put far, far too much faith on Kovacic and Kante when they a re both injury prone. 

Yes that was disappointing.

I have to admit thought he was unlucky with Kovacic though on looking back he has never reached 25 league games a season.

He has also been on the receiving end of some nasty challenges.

On 14/11/2022 at 20:40, Dr. Gonzo said:

6 years but he's also got the highest winning percentage of all Dodgers coaches since 1890 & they've been first in their division for the 5 of the 6 years he's been their manager. It's easy to stick with a manager that's doing really well tbh.

Boehly is not manager of the Dodgers he is a 20% shareholder in the franchise which is run by Friedman and the general manager is former player Dave Roberts.

the doyer$/dodger$ are along with the Yankees the only franchises with a payroll cap well over 200mn and despite winning a lot their returns in post season baseball is not that great

Archived