30/10/2021 - Newcastle 0-3 Chelsea
15/02/2021 - Chelsea 2-0 Newcastle

Recent Form
Newcastle - WWWWW
Chelsea - LLWLW

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

st James park will be loud and the team will want this one, a win at spurs would be seen as massive but a win against Chelsea is big.   we don't have that many going to the world cup, and most may not start or even get a game so the real fear of missing out should not be that big an issue, I would say they should be more concerned about staying in the club team.

If Chelsea want to pull punches that's fine but I expect full commitment from black and whites

-----------------------------------------------Pope--------------------------------------------------

Trippier------------------Schar--------------------Botman-------------------------Burn

---------------------Longstaff---------Bruno------------Willock------------------------

Miggy-----------------------------------Wilson---------------------------------Joelinton

Bench: Darlow, Targett, Manquillo, Lascelles, Shelvey, Murphy, ASM, Anderson, Wood

First big game of the new era. Not sure what to expect to be honest, but least likely is the notion this won't be tough. Must win for Chelsea which makes this harder than otherwise in my eyes. We didn't play that well at Southampton and the first teamers who started in the league cup, bar Nick Pope, were off the pace as well.

53 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

First big game of the new era. Not sure what to expect to be honest, but least likely is the notion this won't be tough. Must win for Chelsea which makes this harder than otherwise in my eyes. We didn't play that well at Southampton and the first teamers who started in the league cup, bar Nick Pope, were off the pace as well.

form doesn't exist in a vacuum,  its hard to equate the longest away day travel to a second string cup match and we may not have been elite level but we were so clinical against Southampton and should have beaten palace 2-0 in regular time despite a massive overhaul of the team.  our last home game in 20 minutes we ended Villa.  

• Administrator

Newcastle seem quite toothless without Wilson. He offers a lot in terms of intelligent runs and movement off the ball. Wood doesn't give you that, but is much more of a threat at set-pieces.

Just now, Spike said:

How are Chelsea so shit?

- Unbalanced squad filled with players of 5 different managers. 

- A manager that would rather complicate tactics vs keeping it simple. 

- Reece James and Kante injured. 

- Squad littered with with players low on confidence since February. 

Well done Toons.. deserved, we have created nothing and I mean NOTHING... Thought we might have had a small glimmer of hope when I found out that Howe had won Manager of the month but alas I was only clutching at straws... 1 shot on target, do we even know where the opposition half is in these games?? 

• The title was changed to Newcastle 1-0 Chelsea - Saturday 12th November, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived