talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Your Ideal Bundesliga

football forum

• Subscriber

Saw a post on social media a while ago and thought it could be quite interesting. Those were the results of the voting by ca. 4500 fans on the said page:

1. Bundesliga:

FkQvQBzXoAIwvT7?format=jpg&name=small

2. Bundesliga:

FkVh6vdXoAA6MEs?format=jpg&name=small

If you could pick, which 18 teams would you ideally have playing in 1. Bundesliga? 2. Bundesliga? 

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fortuna Düsseldorf

FSV Mainz

SC Freiburg

1. FC Kaiserslautern

MSV Duisburg

VfL Bochum

Werder Bremen

FC. St. Pauli

Hamburger SV

Borussia Mönchengladbach

VfB Stuttgart

Karlsruher SC

Eintracht Frankfurt

Dynamo Dresden

Energie Cottbus

1860 München

Union Berlin

Saarbrücken

First idea that popped into my head. I might change my mind later. 

Also, fuck those people who voted. 🖕:ph34r:

• Subscriber

It's actually harder than I thought... 

1. Bundesliga:

Werder
HSV
St. Pauli
BVB
Schalke
Gladbach
Köln
Nürnberg
Freiburg
Duisburg
Saarbrücken
Kaiserslautern
Union
Fortuna
Dynamo Dresden
Lok Leipzig
Stuttgart

And yeah, it's also only the first draft, I could easily change a handful of clubs in there... 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Although it seems a bit harsh to leave Braunschweig, Karlsruhe , Essen, Gladbach, and Hannover to 2.Liga

Yes, it's a bit of an impossible challenge, to be honest. My list is missing Bayern, Hannover, KSC, Frankfurt, Braunschweig, Bochum, Essen, and I would also love to include some other clubs; maybe Chemie, Alemannia Aachen, Rostock, Mannheim, Osnabrück, etc etc...

This is the stuff I enjoy contemplating.  The list of clubs I have an affinity for is long because I'm so non-committal 😆.  My assumption here is that the corporation clubs get DQ'd for not adhering to 50+1 and Bayern fuck off to a Qatari-funded super league because they're bored.

Dortmund, Schalke, Duisburg, Stuttgart, Freiburg, Kaiserslautern, Saarbrücken, Düsseldorf, Köln, Hamburg, Bremen, Union, Hertha, Frankfurt, Gladbach, Hannover, Dresden, Nürnberg.

1860, Regensburg, Darmstadt, Mainz, RW Erfurt, CZ Jena, Braunschweig, Münster, RW Essen, Bochum, Aachen, Karlsruhe, Bielefeld, St. Pauli, Osnabrück, Cottbus, Magdeburg, Lok Leipzig

Honorable mention (3 Liga): Fortuna Köln, Chemnitzer, Chemie Leipzig, Unterhaching, BFC Dynamo, Wuppertal, Offenbach, FC Homburg, Oberhausen...

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I think my list is pretty good actually. 

I left out RB, Leverkusen, Wolfsburg and Hoffenheim for plastic reasons. 

And I left out Bayern and Dortmund because scary. 

If current squads and available resources aren't to be taken into consideration, then both Bayern and BVB definitely belong there. But yeah, I couldn't be arsed including Bayern, either xD 

Maybe I'll just find a loophole and increase the league  size to 20 clubs. That way, I can re-add Bayern and one of the other clubs I omitted 😅

39 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I think my list is pretty good actually. 

I left out RB, Leverkusen, Wolfsburg and Hoffenheim for plastic reasons. 

And I left out Bayern and Dortmund because scary. 

I thought about leaving out Dortmund strictly based on the fact that Watzke is a wanker.  But I figured that they probably still couldn't win a title even with Bayern gone, so I left them in.

I mean, historically and from a traditional standpoint, I'd include Bayern and BVB. 

But imagine a Bundesliga where the likes of Mainz and Freiburg fight for the title. The stuff of dreams. 

Archived