talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool sign Gakpo

football forum

30 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Hard to judge the Eredivisie tbf. Ziyech took the piss out of that league. 

30 goals and 44 assists in 84 appearances for Ajax. 

Cant use Chelsea players as a barometer of how good a league may or may not be, you ruin good players 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Bandito Burrito said:

compared to mbappe or halaand who play in harder leagues and have better stats. imo he isnt worth a 50,000,000 euro transfer to liverpool

Let’s compare him to prime Messi while we are at it…

Fact is, you’ve probably seen him play in a couple of World Cup games and nothing else so it was a very clueless statement. “His stats in his league are one thing, but what has he done in the premier league or champions league?” Have a day off. 

I have only seen him a couple of times myself, but I trust our recruitment and if Klopp things he can add to our attack then I’ll believe him. His stats don’t hurt to look at either. 

46 minutes ago, Rick said:

Let’s compare him to prime Messi while we are at it…

Fact is, you’ve probably seen him play in a couple of World Cup games and nothing else so it was a very clueless statement. “His stats in his league are one thing, but what has he done in the premier league or champions league?” Have a day off. 

I have only seen him a couple of times myself, but I trust our recruitment and if Klopp things he can add to our attack then I’ll believe him. His stats don’t hurt to look at either. 

hey no need to get defensive, but imo overrated

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Bergwijn then. 

The Eredivisie, like Ligue 1, and honestly... most other leagues in the world... has given our league plenty of flops but also plenty of great players. I think it depends partially on the player's ability to adapt and partially to the side they've joined.

I'm optimistic. He's got all attributes and stats you'd want to see from an attacker.

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Think its a luxury signing for Liverpool at winger but I am interested to see if they use him up top. 

I definitely think he's going to be used more as a winger, at least this season. Diaz out for a long time and Jota out for a longer, but shorter time, I think he gets more time on the pitch this season with Nunez/Firmino being used more centrally. He also very much fits the profile of the type of winger that Klopp likes to use here since becoming our manager.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Indegermany said:

Il. (Sorry for my english, I'm from Chile)

No te preocupes amigo. El inglés lo escribes bien y te entendemos perfectamente. Cuanto más lo uses, mejor lo hablarás y este es el lugar perfecto para practicar y mejorar tu nivel de inglés.

Bienvenido al foro.

Archived