• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool sign Gakpo

football forum

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

man United fans in denial, today they try tell themselves they didn't want him.

luck intervened for man United with frenkie, that allowed them to go for the much better Casemiero, if they got frenkie they would be shipping goals

We have Rashford, Martial, Sancho, Garnacho, Antony, Elanga, Pellestri.

All play in the position Gakpo plays. One is a full international who hasn't even made his debut yet. 

I can tell you clearly, stop reading social media crap from kids online and post sensible. I don't know a single United fan that thought buying another player suited to the wing was a good idea. 

Stop posting crap about United without any proof or evidence as you've just come off the back of 20 years of being totally irrelevant and it seems absolutely pathetic you are obsessed with United when your having your best spell in 20 years.

1 hour ago, Devil said:

We have Rashford, Martial, Sancho, Garnacho, Antony, Elanga, Pellestri.

All play in the position Gakpo plays. One is a full international who hasn't even made his debut yet. 

I can tell you clearly, stop reading social media crap from kids online and post sensible. I don't know a single United fan that thought buying another player suited to the wing was a good idea. 

Stop posting crap about United without any proof or evidence as you've just come off the back of 20 years of being totally irrelevant and it seems absolutely pathetic you are obsessed with United when your having your best spell in 20 years.

I'm pretty sure man United fans don't know what the club are targeting.   the athletic reported that United and Gapko were in advanced talks but United and psv were not agreeing on terms

5 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I'm pretty sure man United fans don't know what the club are targeting.   the athletic reported that United and Gapko were in advanced talks but United and psv were not agreeing on terms

Jog on mate, honestly worry about your own club. 

Your obsessed mate. 

Athletic like the national newspapers talk shit to get subscribers, they've got to put something out there to hook you in. If we did make a bid so what, shit happens, you win some, you lose some. Honestly Liverpool are one of the top clubs in world football.

It's not like we may or may not have missed out on him to your lot is it. A team that's not won a trophy in the majority of the living populations life time.

8 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

United absolutely spoke with Gakpo and his agents and agreed wages. In the summer. Then they never moved on him. It’s literally that simple and happens with every club and every player in the land. You only have a serious interest or lose out of/when you make official contact with a club. Were United interested? Yes, just like several other clubs. Did they make it official? No. Therefore they haven’t missed out because they literally never followed up their interest.

8 hours ago, Danny said:

I don’t think Liverpool’s biggest problem is their midfield, I think they showed last year what that midfield could achieve by being in for the quadruple.

I think their biggest issue this season is not replacing Mane. Diaz has been good but he is also very wasteful, then you factor in the injuries to Jota and Diaz who are meant to be key players. There’s not really been anyone to replace what Mane offered in game, if Gakpo can produce for Liverpool as he did for the Netherlands then I think this takes a lot of weight off of the team as a whole, not just the midfield.

I think what we did last season with our midfield was sort of a miracle tbh. We needed reinforcements a year ago, I don't know how we managed to be so good. This season those players are a year older, some of them look miles out of form and fitness is a concern for most if not all of our midfielders... we needed reinforcements at midfield a year ago but never brought them in. Hoping Klopp can always have the side punching above its weight is risky when we've got so many players with injury issues and when we're hoping that Fabinho can find form again tbh.

10 hours ago, Rick said:

Henderson had a very good World Cup, but it’s no secret that he has been slowing down for us. Fabinho has been declining for the last 12 months and Thiago is a sick note. Those are the three first choice midfielders for us, so we definitely need quality in that position. 

Our defence has been truly terrible this season for the most part, and that itself is in part due to the midfield doing less and less defensively. The back four can only do so much, and the amount of times you see teams just walking through the middle of the park is ridiculous. We really need two midfielders, a creative runner like Bellingham and a defensively minded one like what Fabinho was in his first couple of years here. 

i think they have to completely re-think their tactics and re-build the mid-field and defense from scratch

On 27/12/2022 at 02:46, Dr. Gonzo said:

Wow were you really on the cusp of signing him? Probably this summer was the last chance of getting him on the cheap… unless he’s not good with us lol

Yep. It was widely reported in The Atheltic.

Terms agreed with PSV night before window closes. Terms agreed with player. Victor Orta, head of our transfers was in Holland wrapping it up.

The next morning he was waiting at the airport in Eindhoven for an early flight back to Leeds Bradford to travel back with Gakpo, his agent and some family.

Gakpo never showed because he'd been contacted by Van Gaal who wanted him to wait and focus on the World Cup, then he'd get a bigger transfer in January.

Confirmed by Jesse Marsch here. Sickening really.

4 hours ago, Bandito Burrito said:

how much did they pay again?

Gakpo is around €40m-€50m depending on add-ons. Cunha €50m.

Not a massive difference but a good price for Gakpo in today's market. Especially when you consider Man Utd paid €100m for Antony from the same league and after Gakpo had a good World Cup as well.

4 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Gakpo is around €40m-€50m depending on add-ons. Cunha €50m.

Not a massive difference but a good price for Gakpo in today's market. Especially when you consider Man Utd paid €100m for Antony from the same league and after Gakpo had a good World Cup as well.

gakpo's well over rated imo

6 minutes ago, Devil said:

His stats don't impress....

Moral of the story......

Do your homework before posting.

Hard to judge the Eredivisie tbf. Ziyech took the piss out of that league. 

30 goals and 44 assists in 84 appearances for Ajax. 

Just now, Cicero said:

Hard to judge the Eredivisie tbf. Ziyech took the piss out of that league. 

30 goals and 44 assists in 84 appearances for Ajax. 

Yeah I understand that but if we're talking stats that's what we have to go off. He also scored 3 in 5 games at the world cup to back it up.

3 minutes ago, Devil said:

Yeah I understand that but if we're talking stats that's what we have to go off. He also scored 3 in 5 games at the world cup to back it up.

Whilst doing nothing of note outside the group stage. 

Think its a luxury signing for Liverpool at winger but I am interested to see if they use him up top. 

47 minutes ago, Bandito Burrito said:

compared to mbappe or halaand who play in harder leagues and have better stats. imo he isnt worth a 50,000,000 euro transfer to liverpool

You said his stats were bad, you can only use the stats available and he's the top of every stat that's important to him in his division.

Your moving goalposts now. 

You didn't have a clue of his stats, you just threw that out there without thinking. You do that an awful lot and it keeps catching you out.

Archived